Place few cashews & raisins for its stuffing and close it make a kofta ball as shown in video. Then, add some water and let it boil for few minutes. Modern Blogger Pro Theme By, Pretty Darn Cute Design. Malai Kofta Recipe – How to Make Malai Kofta, The kofta recipe which I am sharing here is traditional Malai Kofta with white gravy. MALAI KOFTA RECIPE | KOFTA RECIPE | KOFTA CURRY RECIPE. In this vegetarian kofta dish I make kofta with potatoes and paneer. Malai kofta is one of the classic dishes from north India.If you want to impress your family members then make this creamy and soft malai kofta curry recipe.Here we have prepared kofta dumplings with the combination of khoya, paneer and potatoes which melt in your mouth. Transfer to a plate. Take some flour in a plate or a bowl and roll these dumplings in the flour to coat them well. Keep … When kofta balls are crispy and golden brown, remove the kofta from oil and let them cool for a while. Whenever there is a special occasion at home, make this special Malai Kofta Recipe, you and everyone will love it. Malai Koftas are melt in the mouth fried dumplings of cottage cheese, napped with in a creamy smooth curry. Take another pan, heat some oil and add cumin seeds/ jeera. Malai kofta is a north Indian specialty from Mughlai cuisine. Required fields are marked *. Add cream and yogurt in it and mix it well and cook for 2-3 minutes while continuously stirring it. For making paneer and potato kofta first grate paneer . Cook for few minutes. But in this regard, it is made with potato and paneer. Wait until they come to room temperature and then blend them into a smooth puree without any chunks. A smooth tomato based gravy poured over them just before serving makes it a perfect vegetarian main course recipe. ». To the same pan, add the tomatoes and saute for about 1 min, turn off the flame and transfer it to the plate. I also do some writing do visit my blog, Your email address will not be published. Yes you can make vegan malai kofta with following substitutions. In this recipe we make easy swaps for those two non-vegan ingredients for the most delicious, richest tasting, better-than-restaurant style malai kofta. If you want to try vegetarian kofta recipes, I have more such recipes of kofta curries like. Add salt to season if required, along with cream and some yogurt and mix it well. tandoori roti and naan, you can also serve it with steamed plain Basmati Rice or zeera rice. Sound like … And, your delicious restaurant style Malai kofta is ready to eat. Earlier I shared recipe … Kunal has been recognized amongst the Best Chefs in India by India helped all of us get a taste of his cooking secrets through his cookbooks. Email Save Print Malai koftas are delicious deep fried paneer and flour dumplings that are crunchy outside and soft and creamy inside. It is a delicious, creamy dish best served on special occasions because it is quite rich. Whilst cooking for a larger numbers, I chose to bake the kofta’s rather than making in individual kuzhi paniyaram pans. Malai Kofta is a vegetarian dish made by adding vegetable/potato dumpling (kofta) in creamy tomato curry. Also, now add the paste we made for malai kofta gravy. Once they are golden brown, remove the koftas from hot oil and put them on a paper napkin to absorb excess oil. Heat a pan with 1 tsp of oil, add the onion, garlic, ginger and saute until the onion turns translucent. There is also cashew and raisins in the potato patties. Malai kofta is simply potato patties with cheese served in a kind of Indian curry. After it cools down blend to make a liquid paste in a grinder jar of the mixer. Now add gravy paste we made and cook it for 7-8 minutes on medium heat till it starts to thicken up. He … Deep fry these kofta balls in a pan on a medium heat. Sprinkle some kasturi methi over the gravy to give it a final touch. Malai Kofta … The main specialty of this Malai Kofta recipe is that you can easily make it in just 10 minutes with minimum ingredients. The kofta recipe which I am sharing here is traditional Malai Kofta with white gravy. This is one of the main dish served in most of the restaurants and relished by everyone, either Vegetarian or Non- Vegetarian. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. If you are making malai kofta, there are two types of gravy options you can try. My mouth is watering just writing the description What goes with Malai Kofta? Adjust the consistency of gravy as per your liking by adjusting water quantity. Now, heat some oil in a pan, and deep fry these small dumplings on a medium heat. I can promise the time you are going to spend making this kofta curry is totally worth it. Malai kofta is usually served with plain rice or Indian flat breads, such as naan, chapati (aka roti), or paratha. Paneer and potatoes kofta with cashew and raisins stuffing (as I showed in this post). Malai (meaning creamy in Hindi) kofta is the perfect vegetarian alternative to meatballs. Make equal lemon sized balls out of the mixture and keep aside. Even if you are not hungry, you will feel like eating. Take onion, tomato, ginger, garlic, cashew nuts and water in a saucepan and turn the heat on … You can Subscribe to my Youtube channel Our WhatsApp Recipe broadcast for Free by messaging Subscribe on  +91-8368756817. Since cream is liberally used in making the gravy. Mix all the ingredients mentioned under "For making paneer kofta" ingredient list except oil in a bowl. INDIAN MALAI KOFTA RECIPE. Remove the gravy from flame and pour it in a nice serving plate. Paired with Naan, paratha or Jeera rice this makes an indulgent and delicious meal. Also add 1 cup water in it and let it boil for 6-7 minutes. Take a large bowl, add grated paneer in it. Take another pan, add oil and zeera and allow it to crackle for few seconds. What is Malai Kofta? Cream is known as malai in hindi and Kofta means fried balls or dumplings. Malai kofta is a delicious and rich main dish. Now add water to the gravy based on your desired consistency. Paneer dumplings with rich cream gravy. The malai sauce is delicious and mild. Serve with naan, roti or over the plain rice. The malai part of the name refers to the rich cream sauce, while kofta refers You can add these ingredients to the meatballs as filling as in the recipe, or you can add them directly into the meatball mixture. Let the gravy simmer for a few more minutes (2-3 minutes). The kofta recipe which I am sharing here is traditional Malai Kofta with white gravy. Now moving on to the gravy part. Finally, add the fresh cream, mix well and turn off the flame. First heat the ghee in a small pan and roast the chopped dry fruit and nuts until nicely golden. This post may contain affiliate links. paneer has lots of moisture, if possible press out moisture from paneer before grating to remove excess moisture. Otherwise Kofta’s might break. On My Tasty Curry which is Rekha Kakkar's Food Blog you can find simple healthy and Easy to cook recipes. Or this white gravy recipe for malai kofta I shared here is good one too. I added about 1 1/2 cup of water for a medium thick gravy. The dumplings are then added to a creamy tomato based sauce. Take a saucepan, add sliced onions, green chilis, star anise, ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, bay leaf, cashews and water and boil it for 5-6 minutes on a medium heat. There are two parts of making any kofta dish. If you like the recipe, please leave a comment and Rating for the recipe. Drain them on a paper towel lined plate and set aside while you make the curry. To Make the Malai Kofta Curry: Add avocado oil and cumin seeds to a pan on medium heat. Do give it a try! Coat these kofta balls with white flour/maida . This Baked Malai Kofta recipe is a healthy take on the popular Vegetarian curry. Now, switch off the flame and pour the gravy on a nice serving plate. That will give you silky smooth gravy. I believe You can cook great food if you know your Ingredients well and how to play with various flavour combinations. Like my Videos? If you want extra smooth gravy like restaurants, after grinding to paste strain the puree using a strainer. Mix all these ingredients together and mash nicely to make mixture of malai kofta. Then, add some water and let it boil for few minutes. And, your delicious malai kofta is ready to eat. Heat oil in a pan and fry the kofta balls in medium flame in batches until nicely golden. Meat or veggies along with spices are made into round balls and deep fried. Add koftas only when you are ready to serve and also pour some gravy over them. Reshape them after stuffing to form kofta balls. Keep aside and bring to room temperature. Cashew raisins filled with soft cream koftas and that too with mashed white curry of cashew, curd,and cream. Do share the good food, recipes and good vibes with your friends and family on Facebook, Instagram , WhatsApp or twitter :). Malai kofta is one of the most popular curry dishes across India, and it is found on the menu of many Indian restaurants around the world. Malai kofta is a north Indian specialty from Mughlai cuisine. This is the North Indian recipe that is mostly served in the main course with hot chapati or naan. This looks interesting and yummy definitely gonna try it. The veggie koftas are deliciously filling. Basically, Malai Kofta is a deep-fried ball dunked in Curry. Malai Kofta is a Mughlai Speciality dish made with Deep fried Potato Paneer Balls simmered in Spiced Onion Tomato Gravy. When full fat milk is boiled, it forms a thick fat layer on top which is called Malai/Cream. Now, take one of the kofta balls, make a dent at its center, place about a tsp of the prepared stuffing and cover it again. The result is a melt in the mouth, delectable dish that can be enjoyed with steamed rice or Indian bread. You can simply add vegetables of your choice in it like, carrot, potatoes, paneer, green beans/french beans (. Malai Kofta is a popular restaurant style Indian vegetarian dish  is easy to make. Malai Kofta is a very popular dish in India. Malai Kofta Recipe, panner kota Sabji, How To Make Malai Kofta Recipe Malai Kofta is a classic North Indian staple dish. Substitute Paneer with Tofu, and cream with coconut cream and skip yogurt or use cashew yogurt. Creamy Malai kofta Curry (no onion, no garlic) is an amazingly rich, spicy and finger-licking north Indian curry made with fried potato-paneer (Indian cottage cheese) dumplings (koftas) smothered in a rich gravy made with tomatoes and cashew infused with exotic Indian aromatic spices without using any onions and garlic. Mughlai Malai Kofta (mughlai Koftas ... - Secret Indian Recipe First heat the ghee in a small pan and roast the chopped dry fruit and nuts until nicely golden. Second is Making Gravy or curry: These kofta are served in a spiced curry which is made with onion, cashews, nuts and whole spices like cinnamon, cardamom, star anise etc. First is making Kofta: Kofta is kind of meatball. Add cornflour in the bowl to bind the kofta’s well and mix all of them together. You can serve malai kofta with tandoori roti and naan, you can also serve it with steamed plain Basmati Rice or zeera rice. Cook on medium heat for 8-9 minutes till it thickens up. I promise you… you won’t miss the meat in this one. Malai Kofta is a rich, creamy, delicious curry with melt in mouth Koftas. Once the onions turn golden brown (after about 10-15 minutes), add the garlic, ginger and thai bird chili. Do not add kofta balls to the gravy before hand, add them just before serving. Now, take small portions of it to make small dumplings. Otherwise these will soak up the gravy and become mushy and might break. Do subscribe to my youtube channel and give us thumbs up, Top 11 Easy and Quick Raksha Bandhan Recipes! One of the popular paneer dishes for any special occasion. This dish is popularly known as malai kofta. Malai Kofta is made of  potato and paneer kofta which are stuffed with nuts and dry fruits and then deep fried. Add the garam masala and crushed kasoori methi leaves and mix well. There is another version of the malai kofta in rich, spicy tomato based gravy but I like to call that paneer kofta. Kofta or deep fried balls of potato and paneer are served in luscious and velvety curry. Now heat a pan with the remaining 3 Tsbp oil, add the bay leaf, cinnamon, clove, cardamom and once the bay leaf starts changing color, add the prepared puree, red chilli powder, coriander powder, jeera powder, salt and mix well to combine. Now add salt, coriander powder, cardamom powder, green chilli to season the kofta mix. This is the perfect curry … It is a delicious, creamy dish best served on special occasions because it is quite rich. After boiling, allow it to cool and then blend it to make gravy. Add the kofta balls to the gravy just before serving. Mix well until combined well. Malai is nothing but fresh cream. Let them cook in medium-low flame until the raw smell is gone, the gravy thicken and the oil oozes out. Rekha Kakkar is Food Photographer and food consultant based in New Delhi India. Serve hot with naan or any other Indian flat bread. it will give a white creamy gravy. For restaurant style malai kofta with orange gravy you can use this gravy recipe. Kofta is usually a ball of meat. Malai kofta is a hugely popular dish on Indian restaurant menus all over the world. Your email address will not be published. It is made with deep-fried potato and paneer balls that are dunked in rich creamy gravy. Also, add soft boiled and mashed potatoes. Even the biggest meat fans love Malai kofta curry. You could of course through some more chillies in if you prefer your curries spicier. Place fried kofta just before serving and pour some more hot gravy over it. Add salt, corriander powder, cardamom powder, green chilli, cornflour to paneer and potato mix. Meanwhile, add all the ingredients listed under "For kofta" except oil to a large mixing bowl. Nice recipe. Kofta breaks because of less binding in the mixture. Sprinkle some kasturi methi over the gravy to give it a final touch. I am the writer and photographer at mytastycurry. Put some onions, green chilli, star anise, ginger, cinnamon, bay leaf, cashews, and water in a saucepan and boil it for 5-6 minutes on a medium heat. Vazhakkai Varuval | Plantain (Raw Cooking Banana) Fry. Make small dumplings out of it, flatten it with palms of your hand. Malai Kofta Curry Recipe Card. I'm a big fan of this dish, it goes great with Rice and Indian Bread. Before frying kofta make sure to use the right amount of corn flour in the kofta mixture. This is a elaborate recipe but a super simple and easy one. Smoothen it back into a ball. These vegetarian kofta are dunked in smooth gravy with lots of cream and cashews. Your email address will not be published. Koftas added into a richly flavoured tomato cream base sauce to make a yummy and silky gravy which is served as a great side dish for rotis or pulao. Keep the fried kofta balls aside. Malai Kofta Recipe – Malai Kofta is one of THE most popular Vegetarian Indian Curry. Malai simply means cream. When the cumin seeds turn brown, add onions. Palak Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese in Spinach Gravy). So you can take your pick. It is made with deep-fried potato and paneer balls that are dunked in rich creamy gravy. It is a special occasion food probably because making it is a labor of love and takes time and effort. Flatten it and Add few cashews and raisins for its stuffing. The traditional malai kofta recipe is a 2-step process: First, the kofta/dumplings are made using assorted vegetables and cheese or ground meat, spices and then deep fried. Fried potato and cottage cheese balls in a rich creamy tomato onion gravy. In the last, add crushed kasuri methi over the gravy and stir it well. It does not contain meat. There is another version of the malai kofta in rich, spicy tomato based gravy but I like to call that.