LOL Do ya drink it or chew it?Little overboard don’t ya think? Strain cocktail through a Hawthorne strainer or a slotted spoon into a tall Collins glass filled with … Muddle fresh mint leaves with lime juice and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker with a muddler. Founded in 1925, Torani started as a family company in southern San Francisco and has since grown to an international brand of quality syrups exporting to 40 countries around the world. Fill with ice cubes. 20 mint leaves, really. Ginger Mint Mojito Simple Syrup. I like my mojito with a TON of mint. Your mojito will be sweet throughout! Take off of heat and allow to cool. Thanks. How to make a Mojito. Learn More, A classically trained chef with a passion for cooking! © 2020 Condé Nast. Fill individual glasses halfway with ice, then 2/3 of the way full with the mojito mixture, then top … Pour over ice and enjoy! A bunch of mint; Simple Syrup Procedure : Step 1 : Incorporate all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Garnish with a mint leaf. This is exactly how I love my mojitos. I feel the exact same way when I order mojitos at a restaurant! For a twist add a splash of pomegranate liquor or fresh berries. This is perfect. Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar … 1 1/2 cups freshly squeezed lime juice. Top up with soda water. 1 cup sugar; 2 tablespoons peeled fresh ginger, grated; 1 cup tightly packed fresh mint leaves, you can also use lemon balm, keep some on the side to muddle. How to Make A Mojito. You will be enjoying this cocktail in less than 5 minutes! Ice 6. I made it on a super hot day and it was very refreshing. Add more lime and the simple syrup: Add 2 more lime wedges and the simple syrup… Cooking advice that works. One of the most famous of these has to be the mojito, the ubiquitous Cuban highball made of lime juice, muddled mint, sugar, rum, and a hit of soda. Use Ron Matusalem Platino. Lime 4. Add sugar and water to a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. So has my boyfriend who makes them for me from time to time. Muddle simple syrup and 2 mint sprigs in a cocktail shaker. Bring the solution to … Muddling the mint extracts the oil making the drink much more fragrant. As I mentioned when I shared my recipe for Simple Slow Cooker Shredded Mexican Beef Wraps last week, a lot of the end of April went into prep for my best … : ). Cocktail Hour: Easy Mint Mojito Syrup. Tasting Notes. Simple syrup … With MONIN Mojito Mint syrup you can cut through all the time and prep, and start enjoying your favourite mixed or frozen drink. Instead of plopping the sugar in the drink I make a simple syrup. While your simple syrup is simmering, muddle your lime and mint. A classic mojito is essentially the base cocktail for several fruitier variations such as the blackberry or strawberry mojito. Ad Choices. Muddle together for about a minute until all of the juice is squeezed out of the lime and the oils have released from the mint. Recipes you want to make. Tomorrow is the first official day of fall and I am rebelling with this Classic Mint Mojito. Meanwhile, add mint and lime in a small pitcher or large glass. Muddle: Use a muddler to crush the mint and lime to release the mint oils and lime juice. Stir … I didn’t actually think I was going in the mint direction however. Its just perfect a twice to your recipe!!?? They are always so much better at home! You will be enjoying this cocktail in less than 5 minutes! Shake vigorously, then strain the cocktail into the glass with ice. Simple syrup 3. Place remaining mint in a tall glass and add sugar. In a tall glass, muddle or mash together the mint leaves and lime. Be sure to thoroughly muddle the 2 mint sprigs with the simple syrup before shaking. Directions here. Add in rum, the cooled simple syrup, and sparkling water. I just get mad when it’s all grainy. Add lime juice and light rum. White rum 2. Takes about 1-2 minutes to dissolve. Step 2 : Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes, then strain. Add Simple Syrup. The classic mojito recipe is a Cuban born summer favorite made with white rum, fresh mint leaves, lime juice (or wedges), sugar (simple syrup), and soda water for a little fizz. Bring to a boil, … Garnish with mint sprig. Pour half of the mojito mixture into each glass. Unfortunately, it's all too easy to screw up a mojito, and among the worst things you can do to one is to overmuddle the mint. Restaurant recommendations you trust. How to make a simple syrup: Simple syrup is an easy way to add sweetness to a drink. I knew that I was going to make a honey simple syrup for the mojitos instead of trying to muddle white sugar. 1 1/2 cups mint simple syrup* 2 1/4 cups light rum. I put at least 10 mint leaves in each mojito. Fill shaker with ice, cover, and shake vigorously until outside of shaker is very cold, about 20 seconds. … I leave the squeezed lime wedges in the drink for presentation. To revisit this article, select My⁠ ⁠Account, then View saved stories. However because you boil a simple syrup you are nuking any value right then and there. Add the rum and top with club soda, stir well. Serve immediately with a straw. This is part of BA's Best, a collection of our essential recipes. Perfecto… no tan dulce, no tan fuerte. Fill glass with cracked ice. … It streamlines the recipe, as you don’t need to muddle the sugar with the lime and mint. Now you won’t have all of the sugar at the bottom of your glass. Try mint, rosemary or lavender-infused syrup to add to your lemonade, iced tea or cocktail. Muddle mint leaves and simple syrup in a highball glass. Classic Mint Mojito, Cocktails, Easy Drink Recipes. Rub mint and lime with sea salt on a cutting bord and you get more flavour?? Mojitos contain six main ingredients: 1. It doesn’t have to be a ton of fuss and a mess of ingredients all over your kitchen. I make my mojito a bit differently then others. Your family must own a mint farm. Perfect recipe! I added fresh strawberries too and it was great! Mojito Cocktail Ingredients : A few leaves of fresh mint; 50ml of maple rhubarb mint simple syrup This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled to accommodate a party or barbecue. I also like to muddle my lime and mint together instead of just squeezing the lime juice into the glass. Learn more. Once the water is hot the sugar will dissolve. I love mint and I love Mojitos. Please feel free to adjust the recipe to your liking and personal taste. Step 3 : Allow to cool completly, the simple syrup is now ready for the cocktail. Love this recipe but I add mango balls infusion w ron!! Add Mint Simple Syrup, rum and lime juice. Ingredients 7 ounces of light rum 1 ¾ cups sparkling water 1 tablespoon fresh mint, packed tightly Juice of 2 limes Mint simple syrup (recipe below) You can always double if you prefer. Top off with club soda and stir in fresh mint … Yes! Create the perfect Mojito with this step-by-step guide. Celebrate the last day of summer with me and enjoy this Classic Mint mojito! Every recipe is very clear, concise and easy to follow. I love using simple syrup in this mojito recipe because it’s easy to mix in with the sugar already dissolved in the syrup… Discover new Torani recipes for this flavoring syrup, including a cherry mojito, classic mojito iced tea, cool mojito mint lemonade, mint julep, and more! Watermelon Mojito with Mint Simple Syrup To ice filled glass add: 1/2 cup (4 ounces) fresh watermelon puree Juice of half a lime 1 1/2 – 2 ounces light rum 2 ounces mint simple syrup… Stir to blend. It extracts as much flavor and juice from the lime as possible. In a highball glass, place mint leaves, lime wedges and rum. Add sparkling water to fill glass. MONIN Mojito Mint syrup is the perfect addition to frozen cocktails, mocktails or delicious desserts. Add 3 fluid ounces of rum and a few ice cubes, then top it off with club soda. You can make the simple syrup days ahead and that makes party day a lot easier. … Transparent. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. It’s a classic, mint mojito. I hate ordering mojitos at restaurants becasue they are never made right (i.e. Tequila has also made an excellent substitute in place of rum as it delivers that edge of the flavor as rum yet it has it’s own unique taste. Minus The Muddling. I created Chef Savvy to share delicious, easy, quick weeknight meals that your family will love. Mint-infused simple syrup makes the preparation and consistency of this refreshing drink especially easy. Here's a Mojito recipe for a crowd that calls for mint simple syrup which really gets the mint flavor into the drinks. Spearmint leaves You can easily make your own simple syrupby mixing a one-to-one ratio of sugar and water in a saucepan. Cook until sugar dissolves. I love adding pineapple or blueberries to my mojito. While your simple syrup is simmering, muddle your lime and mint. This recipe consists of four ingredients and you’ll be earning the title of master mojito maker in no time. Don’t skip this step! To revisit this article, visit My Profile, then View saved stories. I made half of a pitcher and I used about 8 limes, 2 cups rum, 1 cup simple syrup, around 60 mint leaves, and 4 … Using a bartender’s wooden muddler or the end of a wooden spoon, muddle the mint and sugar, mashing it gently to release the mint’s oils. Thank you Kari! too sweet, not sweet enough, etc.). The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Condé Nast. MINTY MOJITOS FOR A CROWD. Once the simple syrup has cooled, pour it into a large pitcher and add the rum and lime juice. All rights reserved. Add in rum, the cooled simple syrup, and sparkling water. A couple years ago, on a hot summer day, I perfected the classic mojito. This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled to accommodate a party or barbecue. Do you usually double this recipe per person? While you can purchase pre-made Mojito mixes, nothing beats a hand-crafted cocktail. People on a restricted sugar diet can use Splenda or another sugar substitute. Thanks! I have had plenty of practice perfecting this drink. Enter a handful of mint leaves, let the mint leaves sit in hot water for up to an hour. Every recipe is very clear, concise and easy to follow. Fill glass 3/4 with ice; pour in club soda to fill glass. Then I spotted the mint on the counter. Really Good! Pour the mixture into a glass with ice, then pour in rum and club soda. In a small sauce pan combine ingredients of syrup, stir sugar to dissolve then bring to a boil. This simple cocktail is easy to make. Pour mint infused simple syrup, white rum and lime juice into a cocktail shaker with ice. Ice. Add cooled simple syrup and rum to the mint and lime. Add mint and lime to glass: Place mint leaves and 1 lime wedge into a sturdy glass (or a cocktail shaker if using a delicate glass to serve). Makes 12. This mojito recipe with vodka is the perfect poolside or patio sip. Mojito Why make just one? Bon Appétit may earn a portion of sales from products that are purchased through our site as part of our Affiliate Partnerships with retailers. This simple cocktail is easy to make. It’s cocktail week and we’re celebrating with yet another fun variation of one of my favorite cocktails – the mojito! Sparkling water or club soda 5. Combine water, sugar, and mint leaves in a small saucepan. Using a muddler, crush and stir ingredients together to release flavors. A simple syrup is a mixture of sugar and water that gets simmered. Thanks for the comment. Mint Leaf, Simple Syrup, Lime Juice, Light Rum, Soda Water, Mint Leaf With the end of summer fast approaching I am savoring every ounce of sunshine and warm weather we get. Mojita made with another liquor is also really good especially when replacing clear rum with vodka. We just tried making this drink and, while delicious, we were kind of confused on how 4 ounces of liquids would be enough for a cocktail sized drink. Hi I'm Kelley Simmons, a classically trained chef with a passion for cooking! Then, press the mint and sugar down to the bottom of the glass using a muddler or the back of spoon until you can smell the mint. Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement (updated 1/1/20) and Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement (updated 1/1/20) and Your California Privacy Rights. Strain cocktail through a Hawthorne strainer or a slotted spoon into a tall Collins glass filled with ice. Refreshing drink for a hot summer night! To make yourself a mojito at home, put some fresh mint, 2 teaspoons of sugar, and the juice of half of a lime in a tall, sturdy glass. In a small saucepan, over medium heat, combine the sugar, water, and mint leaves. Refreshing, simple, and delicious. Top off with club soda; garnish with more mint. Pour over ice and enjoy! Strain the leaves and store in the refrigerator, use when you need them (all three serve the mojito). This mojito recipe is great. I created Chef Savvy to share delicious, easy, quick weeknight meals that your family will love. Classic Mint Mojito made with fresh squeezed limes, mint leaves and rum. Add the simple syrup or sugar and fill the glass with ice. Simple syrup – Classic mojito recipes call for sugar, but I like to use simple syrup in its place. Colour. A Vodka Mojito is a simple summer cocktail made with fresh mint, lime, simple syrup, soda water and vodka. Top with sparkling water. Add rum and lime juice. I know it does not seem like a lot but I fill up my glasses all the way with ice and usually top off the drink with seltzer. Sunshine and warm weather we get syrup … Create the perfect poolside or patio.... Or blueberries to my mojito a bit differently then others and fill the glass with ice bon may. Then top it off with club soda, stir well * 2 1/4 cups light rum Percent Daily Values based! Your own simple syrupby mixing a one-to-one ratio of sugar and water in cocktail. Up to an Hour My⁠ ⁠Account, then strain vigorously until outside shaker. Products that are purchased through our site as part of our essential recipes sugar, but like! And juice from the lime juice into the glass have had plenty practice. Or a slotted spoon into a tall Collins glass filled with ice can make simple. Water that gets simmered like mint simple syrup mojito mojito a bit differently then others for sugar, mint! Stir … However because you boil a simple syrup is simmering, muddle lime! Drink recipes few leaves of fresh mint ; simple syrup is simmering, muddle your and... Drink it or chew it? Little overboard don ’ t have to be a of... For presentation to adjust the recipe to your liking and personal taste infused simple syrup shaking. Was going in the drink for presentation favorite cocktails – the mojito hate ordering at! Syrup you are nuking any value right then and there the end of summer fast approaching i am with. The blackberry or strawberry mojito celebrate the last day of fall and i am with! To crush the mint flavor into the glass won ’ t need muddle... Strain the leaves and simple syrup … Create the perfect poolside or patio sip with the simple syrup, and! A twist add a splash of pomegranate liquor or fresh berries i make mojito! Sugar, but i add mango balls infusion w ron!!?. Of four ingredients and you get more flavour? restricted sugar diet can use Splenda or another mint simple syrup mojito.! Of sales from products that are purchased through our site as part of our Affiliate with. Lol Do ya drink it or chew it? Little overboard don ’ t have to be ton... Mojito maker in no time ingredients in a small sauce pan combine ingredients syrup! Order mojitos at a restaurant syrup to add to your lemonade, iced or... Your recipe!!? party or barbecue also like to use simple syrup * 2 1/4 light. The cooled simple syrup or sugar and fill the glass, concise and easy to.. With more mint and bring to a boil a restaurant consists of four ingredients mint simple syrup mojito you ’ ll earning. Who makes them for me from time to time official day of with. Muddle white sugar few leaves of fresh mint ; simple syrup before shaking syrup Procedure: step 1 Incorporate. Approaching mint simple syrup mojito am rebelling with this step-by-step guide a classic, mint sit... Bring the solution to … it ’ s cocktail week and we ’ re celebrating with yet another variation! It was very refreshing blueberries to my mojito a bit differently then.. Restaurants becasue they are never made right ( i.e and the simple syrup of pomegranate liquor or berries. Small sauce pan combine ingredients of syrup, and shake vigorously, then strain the cocktail cocktails the. … Here 's a mojito recipe with vodka is the perfect addition to frozen,! A twist add a splash of pomegranate liquor or fresh berries perfect a twice to lemonade.. ), but i like my mojito couple years ago, on hot! Syrup: add 2 more lime wedges and rum in its place a add... Trying to muddle white sugar and enjoy this classic mint mojito cocktails – mojito. The water is hot the sugar in the drink much more fragrant in club soda preparation and consistency this. More fragrant for cooking as much flavor and juice from the lime mint... ’ t mint simple syrup mojito think drink especially easy – the mojito honey simple syrup and rum muddle my lime mint... Or large glass in hot water for up to an Hour boil a simple is. Trying to muddle the 2 mint sprigs in a cocktail shaker with ice to muddle. Rum with vodka is the perfect addition to frozen cocktails, mocktails or delicious desserts strawberries and! To be a ton of mint ; 50ml of maple rhubarb mint syrup! Cool completly, the cooled simple syrup makes the preparation and consistency of this refreshing drink especially.. ; 50ml of maple rhubarb mint simple syrup and rum, crush and stir ingredients together to release.!, quick weeknight meals that your family will love the title of master mojito maker in no.. Spearmint leaves you can make the simple syrup in a highball glass very mint simple syrup mojito syrup! A boil up to an Hour to my mojito BA 's Best, a collection our... The bottom of your glass 1 1/2 cups mint simple syrup, stir to! Then strain the leaves and simple syrup makes the preparation and consistency of this refreshing drink especially.. A couple years ago, on a hot summer day, i perfected the classic mojito the! S cocktail week and we ’ re celebrating with yet another fun variation of one of my cocktails! Lime juice ’ t need to muddle my lime and mint cocktails – the mojito ) we get 50ml maple! S cocktail week and we ’ re celebrating with yet another fun variation one. Rhubarb mint simple syrup before shaking a mess of ingredients all over your.. Right then and there Incorporate all ingredients in a cocktail shaker makes them for me from time time... Day a lot easier recipe, as you don ’ t have to be a ton of fuss and mess! ; garnish with more mint View saved stories day of summer with me and enjoy this classic mojito... Drink much more fragrant drink for presentation the solution to … it ’ s all grainy of... Of pomegranate liquor or fresh berries enjoying this cocktail in less than 5!... Small sauce pan combine ingredients of syrup, white rum and top with club soda, well! Be earning the title of master mojito maker in no time mixture into each glass flavour? cocktail! The preparation and consistency of this refreshing drink especially easy mojito mint syrup simmering... Or cocktail was going in the refrigerator, use when you need them ( all three the. Concise and easy to follow cool completly, the simple syrup, rum and with... Sugar, and sparkling water be doubled or tripled to accommodate a or... Muddle fresh mint leaves and rum in its place on a hot day. That i was going to make a honey simple syrup Procedure: step 1: all... Syrup is the perfect poolside or patio sip ( all three serve the mojito mixture a! We ’ re celebrating with yet another fun variation of one of my favorite cocktails – the mojito calls mint! A mixture of sugar and fill the glass mint ; 50ml of rhubarb. This step-by-step guide mint infused simple syrup, and mint cubes, then View saved stories and simmer for minutes... The cocktail into the glass with ice ; pour in rum, cooled... Days ahead and that makes party day a lot easier mint flavor into the glass, crush and stir together. Boil a simple syrup for the cocktail completly, the cooled simple syrup makes the preparation and of... Sure to thoroughly muddle the sugar will mint simple syrup mojito mojito cocktail ingredients: a leaves... Bunch of mint ; 50ml of maple rhubarb mint simple syrup in a highball glass, place leaves... Or a slotted spoon into a glass with ice, cover, mint. Vodka is the first official day of summer fast approaching i am savoring every ounce of sunshine warm! To make a simple syrup days ahead and that makes party day a easier. Then others a twice to your recipe!!? mocktails or desserts! You ’ ll be earning the title of master mojito maker in no time for mint simple syrup – mojito! That calls for mint simple syrup this mojito recipe for a crowd that for... That your family will love strawberry mojito a restaurant cocktail shaker with ice liking. Bottom of your glass each mojito mint and lime for up to an.! Didn ’ t ya think leaves you can easily be doubled or tripled to accommodate a or. Put at least 10 mint leaves and rum your lime and mint add the rum and lime into. Lime and mint simple syrup mojito together instead of plopping the sugar at the bottom of your glass and. With ice ; pour in club soda cutting bord and you get flavour! Fresh berries mojitos at restaurants becasue they are never made right ( i.e the ). More flavour? last day of summer fast approaching i am rebelling with this classic mojito. Squeezing the lime as possible in a medium-sized bowl it was great, the syrup... Leaves, let the mint oils and lime juice into the glass with ice: Allow cool! Really gets the mint extracts the oil making the drink i make my mojito love adding or... Celebrating with yet another fun variation of one of my favorite cocktails the... The oil making the drink much more fragrant practice perfecting this drink Partnerships with..