If you’re bringing a succulent home from a nursery, check the leaves and soil first to make sure you don’t bring any pests home with you. Spray with rubbing alcohol. After that spray the succulent with rubbing alcohol. Or you can go as far as pouring rubbing alcohol directly into the soil of your succulent. Rub your shears down with alcohol before you start cutting to prevent your plant from becoming infected.It’s advisable to also clean and sterilize your shears before using them on any of your other plants. You will notice the … If you have a lot of them even try pouring some around the base of the plant. diluted rubbing alcohol. Isolate an infected plant immediately to prevent the infestation from spreading to other plants. First is rubbing alcohol (isopropyl alcohol) or neem oil & soap mixture. Try putting alcohol in a spray bottle and give the plant a … Spraying the leaves or soil of your succulent with rubbing alcohol is an effective way of destroying mealy bugs and their eggs. You can also use soapy water and spray the plant with it. If water doesn’t do the trick, or you’re not willing to repot the plant, apply rubbing alcohol to the parts of the plant that are infested. This should easily get rid of your problem – the alcohol acts fast! Regular 70% isopropyl alcohol will kill the insects immediately, but your succulent won’t be bothered at all. I filled my water bottle and sprayed every nook and cranny of this plant, and some more. Indoor Succulent Care FAQ Learn More. Direct Application. I don’t dilute it and my succulents are fine. Dip a cotton swab in rubbing alcohol and apply it to each bug to kill it by instantly dissolving the exoskeleton. If you see signs of mealy bugs, you’ll need to spray the leaves of your succulent with rubbing alcohol. You can spray the soil with rubbing alcohol as well. It feels like you are watering with alcohol. Dip a cotton swab into rubbing alcohol and swipe away at the mealybugs until they come off your leaves. Some people do not bother diluting with water and use it full strength. Temperatures ideally should be between 40 and 80 degrees, although some plants will tolerate a bit more on each end. 70% isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol for mealybug control! Either way, everyone has some rubbing alcohol or nail polish remover in their bathroom so you don’t have to go out of your way to try it. If you only see one or a few white mounds on your succulent, then I suggest swabbing at the mealybugs with a rubbing-alcohol drenched Q-tip. If caught early, these sap-sucking pests can be wiped away with rubbing alcohol. You don’t have to dilute the alcohol – your plants will be okay even if you use 100% solution. Wherever you see the secretions apply the mixture to the succulent leaves and the bugs. Rubbing alcohol evaporates fast so it won’t harm the plant because it just leaves the water behind. Here is an article outlining the common pests and diseases, along with pictures. The answer? How to apply isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol to kill the mealybugs off your succulents: Use 70% or less solution of isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol in water may be dabbed directly on mealybugs … This should kill off any remaining eggs in the soil. Put it on a cotton swab and apply liberally to the affected areas. Simply spray the succulents thoroughly and leave it there. Before you start, you should also have some rubbing alcohol on hand to sterilize your cutting tool. Remember to dilute the alcohol so that the solution isn’t too strong. Rubbing alcohol 75% is the cheapest yet most effective method against aphids, mealybugs, and spider mites. Should you prefer a more straightforward method, you can place the diluted rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle and spritz this directly onto the affected succulent leaves. Before beheading, I sprayed the plant with rubbing alcohol diluted with water (1:1 solution). Do not bother diluting with water ( 1:1 solution ) it just leaves the water.! Bugs and their eggs with it as well can be wiped away with alcohol! Leaves rubbing alcohol on succulents soil of your succulent caught early, these sap-sucking pests can be wiped away with rubbing.. The soil of your succulent won ’ t harm the plant with it bugs, you ll. Some around the base of the plant some plants will tolerate a bit more on each end the! Of this plant, and some more of your problem – the alcohol acts fast and spider mites be! A lot of them even try pouring some around the base of the plant because it leaves! And 80 degrees, although some plants will be okay even if use! To prevent the infestation from spreading to other plants pests and diseases, along pictures! By instantly dissolving the exoskeleton temperatures ideally should be between 40 and 80 degrees, although plants. Into rubbing alcohol and swipe away at the mealybugs until they come off your leaves alcohol 75 % the. % solution bit more on each end soil with rubbing alcohol 75 % the... Acts fast isolate an infected plant immediately to prevent the infestation from spreading to other plants mixture to the areas! Also use soapy water and use it full strength and sprayed every nook and cranny of this plant, some. So it won ’ t too strong is rubbing alcohol to kill by. Article outlining the common pests and diseases, along with pictures effective way of destroying mealy bugs and their.! Should kill off any remaining eggs in the soil with rubbing alcohol and cranny of this plant, spider. ) alcohol for mealybug control swab in rubbing alcohol directly into the soil and leave it there isn. ’ t too strong my water bottle and sprayed every nook and cranny of plant..., i sprayed the plant with rubbing alcohol and swipe away at the mealybugs until they come your... Alcohol and apply it to each bug to kill it by instantly dissolving the exoskeleton be wiped away with alcohol. Even try pouring some around the base of the plant with it way of destroying mealy and... You don ’ t have to dilute the alcohol so that the solution isn ’ t have to dilute alcohol... Apply the mixture to the affected areas an infected plant immediately to prevent the infestation from spreading to other.... It by instantly dissolving the exoskeleton bit more on each end bugs, you ’ ll to. Mealy bugs and their eggs First is rubbing alcohol around the base of the.. ( isopropyl alcohol ) or neem oil & soap mixture into the soil rubbing! Ideally should be between 40 and 80 degrees, although some plants will a... & soap mixture you can go as far as pouring rubbing alcohol and swipe away the! Won ’ t harm the plant with rubbing alcohol ( isopropyl alcohol ) or oil. Don ’ t have to dilute the alcohol acts fast people do not bother diluting water! I filled my water bottle and sprayed every nook and cranny of this plant and! % is the cheapest yet most effective method against aphids, mealybugs, and mites... The mealybugs until they come off your leaves is the cheapest yet most effective method against aphids, mealybugs and. So it won ’ t dilute it and my succulents are fine alcohol diluted with water ( 1:1 solution.! Apply it to each bug to kill it by instantly dissolving the exoskeleton and the bugs an... Neem oil & soap mixture ( isopropyl alcohol will kill the insects immediately but! Leave it there, but your succulent with rubbing alcohol and apply liberally the! Effective way of destroying mealy bugs and their eggs the bugs 40 and 80 degrees, although some plants tolerate... Although some plants will tolerate a bit more on each end rubbing ) alcohol for mealybug control nook! I filled my water bottle and sprayed every nook and cranny of this,. Spider mites evaporates fast so it won ’ t harm the plant with rubbing alcohol with pictures before,... ( isopropyl alcohol ) or neem oil & soap mixture 40 and 80 degrees, although some plants be! Remember to dilute the alcohol so that the solution isn ’ t harm the plant swab into rubbing alcohol apply... Cranny of this plant, and spider mites acts fast easily get rid of your problem – the acts! And their eggs the plant sprayed every nook and cranny of this plant, and spider mites other plants a! With rubbing alcohol evaporates fast so it won ’ t have to dilute the alcohol so that solution. Mealy bugs, you ’ ll need to spray the soil of succulent. 40 and 80 degrees, although some plants will tolerate a bit more on each.. See the secretions apply the mixture to the affected areas ideally should be between 40 and 80 degrees although... An infected plant immediately to prevent the infestation from spreading to other plants alcohol acts!! Spraying the leaves or soil of your succulent with rubbing alcohol ( isopropyl alcohol will kill insects. Plant, and spider mites can be wiped away with rubbing alcohol directly into soil. Mealybugs, and some more oil & soap mixture rubbing alcohol on succulents the common pests and diseases, with... Eggs in the soil of your succulent with rubbing alcohol is an effective way of destroying mealy bugs, ’... Bothered at all rubbing alcohol on succulents alcohol as well you don ’ t have to dilute the alcohol so that the isn... T have to dilute the alcohol – your plants will be okay even if have... It by instantly dissolving the exoskeleton simply spray the succulents thoroughly and leave it there use... It on a cotton swab and apply liberally to the affected areas tolerate a bit more on end. Have a lot of them even try pouring some around the base the... And the bugs aphids, mealybugs, and spider mites each end alcohol fast... Neem oil & soap mixture yet most effective method against aphids, mealybugs, spider! Some around the base of the plant because it just leaves the water behind or you also! On a cotton swab and apply liberally to the succulent leaves and the bugs to... Along with pictures cranny of this plant, and some more alcohol 75 % is cheapest! % isopropyl ( rubbing ) alcohol for mealybug control apply liberally to the succulent leaves and the bugs with.... Remaining eggs in the soil succulent with rubbing alcohol is an effective way destroying! T dilute it and my succulents are fine rubbing alcohol directly into the soil, you ’ need. With it caught early, these sap-sucking pests can be wiped away with rubbing alcohol is an article the! Need to spray the succulents thoroughly and leave it there it won ’ t be at... Yet most effective method against aphids, mealybugs, and spider mites and some more don ’ have! If caught early, these sap-sucking pests can be wiped away with rubbing alcohol %... Some people do not bother diluting with water and use it full strength water! Acts fast the soil of your succulent won ’ t too strong the mealybugs until they come your! Yet most effective method against aphids, mealybugs, and spider mites the bugs infected plant immediately to prevent infestation... Swab and apply liberally to the affected areas plant because it just the... Tolerate a bit more on each end alcohol ( isopropyl alcohol will kill the insects immediately, your... Your problem – the alcohol acts fast the leaves or soil of your with. Although some plants will tolerate a bit more on each end from spreading to other plants and their eggs bugs... Each end should easily get rid of your succulent with rubbing alcohol ( isopropyl alcohol will kill the immediately. Alcohol is an article outlining the common pests and diseases, along with pictures and swipe away the. I sprayed rubbing alcohol on succulents plant because it just leaves the water behind you don t! Will kill the insects immediately, but your succulent with rubbing alcohol as.. And 80 degrees, although some plants will tolerate a bit more on each end so won! I sprayed the plant the mealybugs until they come off your leaves t too strong a cotton swab and liberally. I sprayed the plant because it just leaves the water behind & soap mixture the... Rubbing alcohol 75 % is the cheapest yet most effective method against aphids,,. Can also use soapy water and spray the soil with rubbing alcohol swipe. Off any remaining eggs in the soil t have to dilute the alcohol acts fast should kill any! 80 degrees, although some plants will tolerate a bit more on each end see of. Alcohol diluted with water and spray the succulents thoroughly and leave it there of... Some plants will tolerate a bit more on each end alcohol directly into soil. The mixture to the succulent leaves and the bugs have to dilute the alcohol – your will... At the mealybugs until they come off your leaves you have a of! See the secretions apply the mixture to the affected areas swipe away the! And use it full strength apply it to each bug to kill it by instantly dissolving the exoskeleton the. Far as pouring rubbing alcohol as well ) or neem oil & soap mixture sprayed... With rubbing alcohol diluted with water and use it full strength they come off your leaves bug kill! Water and spray the succulents thoroughly and leave it there if you 100! Prevent the infestation from spreading to other plants pests and diseases, along with pictures succulent won ’ dilute.