ive also created my blog few days back.. when you find time please have a look at my blog and i would wecome your comments.. my blog’s name is http://vimasvirundhu.blogspot.com/, Some intution you and I have got.. Never heard of a bitter gourd! Hi shilpa! Heat oil and add onions. I recently made karela curry for the first time, something similar to this. Slice the bitter gourd and keep aside. Add lots of garlic and onion in the same oil. Thank you Rebecca! Are you finding it hard to fit in cooking in your busy schedule? Start by mixing the sliced beef with the marinade ingredients (cornstarch, baking soda, oyster sauce, shaoxing wine, light soy sauce and water). This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Add bitter gourd, salt(if it was added before, be careful while adding salt again), red chilli powder and fry till bitter gourd is cooked. Add this to the bitter gourd. Good to know that some people are like me:). Mix well and cook till jaggery is melted and mixed well. Let me know how it turned out for you , Nice to know about your mom's taste. Your email address will not be published. I love bitter gaurd. Transfer into paper towel once it cool down transfer into air tight container and it can be stored for 15 day. Method: Cut bitter gourd into small pieces. This looks delicious Uma! It is my one of favorite recipe among the bitter gourd dishes. Learn how your comment data is processed. Ok, couldn’t resist coming back as I just remembered that I made these delicious bittergourd for lunch yesterday. Add tamarind and jaggery. In another pan, heat oil and add chopped garlic. Heat the oil in a deep-fry pan and fry the bitter gourd pieces to a golden brown. Copyright © 2020 SIMPLE SUMPTUOUS COOKING. Then cut it into 5cm section crosswise. I'm one of those weird people who really likes to eat bitter things. No one likes bitter gourd at my place so i hardly get any. about me! Oh I love bittergourd in any form! further, add water and allow to soak for 20-30 minutes. Pavakka Mezhukkupuratti is a common side dish of Kerala. These will stay in the fridge for a few days and can be served (hot or room temp) with plain parathas, rice or just chew them as it is. Heat 1/2 tsp oil in a pan fry the sliced karela and fry them nicely till it get 3/4 th done. Bitter Gourds are very much liked at our house and I love your recipe. Remove the seeds. It involves just boiling the gaurd with jaggery,salt, tumeric, chilli and drying off the water. Serve hot. It turned out perfect & was a good change from the regular dish that I make of it. Put it in the fridge for abt 2 hours. Easy to make one pot bitter gourd fry . But it is too good for diabetic patients. I've never been able to find bitter gourd! Because of the taste bitter gourd is not liked by all. Dear Shilpa, I have tried a lot of your recipes. Zillion thanks and the recipe looks awesome.. am sure its gonna taste good too…, My MIL made this for me earlier this year and I was so hooked on to it that I made it every weekend until my husband complained that I was out to destroy his taste buds! "Mrishtanna" means "Sumptuous " in Sanskrit and I intend to show how you can learn the elements of a sumptuous meal one dish at a time. I've never had bitter gourd, but it looks amazing. I am sure you will like this dish as much I do! Fry in … Add some salt and keep aside for 15mins. and participate in my 1st event! I need to start eating it again, and definitely in a curry as delicious as this looks. Place bitter gourd and mix nicely, allow it rest for 5 min. When all the wet ingredients dry out, add Bengal gram flour and continue to sauté. In traditional Indian medicine, it's used to relieve diabetes, stomach complaints and also cough. Â. If you are looking for a dry dish with bitter gourd, check out my post for bitter gourd curry with garlic flavor. Bitter gourd? This one was handed down by my mother-in-law’s grandmother to her and now to me. Are you finding cooking to be an arduous endeavor? 7. So I cooked this based on some guess work. https://food.ndtv.com/lists/5-best-bitter-gourd-recipes-1233784 6. I will share some of my, and my family’s recipes with you soon. Bitter gourd, the name is enough to make kids run… Add tamarind and jaggery. Thanks for the offer though. If you are entertaining guests, make a curry that goes well with rice as well as roti or bread. Spicy bitter gourd curry fits the bill for that. mix well and add … They are extremely delicious Thanks Blossom, Your email address will not be published. Heat oil and add onions. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I recently happened to start my blog and started it with bitter gourd stir fry. After they sat in fridge for a while, I asked aayi if she has any new recipe with it. It is an excellent source of vitamins B1, B2 and B3, Vitamin C, magnesium, folic acid, zinc, phosphorus, manganes, iron, calcium, beta-carotene and has high dietary fiber. strain it with a strainer. The bitter gourd preparation I know does not have onion or garlic in it. I also have some pictures of this recipe. hi shilpa I just love karela and this recipe rocks. Awesome article thanks for the ingredients for the Spicy bitter gourd curry, can't wait to try it out. Heat 1tsp of oil in a pan. The combination  of spicy and bitter taste gives the unique flavor to this dish. Fry them till they turn brownish. , Another gorgeous recipe! In a bowl, add the following and mix well: chopped bitter gourd, salt, turmeric powder, chili powder, … i didnt have tamarind so i used tamarind pase, however it didn’t really seem to enhance the flavour of the dish. I'd love to make this! Your email address will not be published. Now take a sewing thread and secure the stuffed karelas lightly to keep the masalas in place. Method: Peel the karelas lightly, wash, slit them in between and rub lots of salt and keep aside overnight. It looks delicious and I have never tried bitter gourd. Marinate the beef for 20 minutes. Ingredients: 1/2 kg bittergourd/karela. Spicy bitter gourd stir fry as its name is a spicy version prepared using very few ingredients and can be made in just minutes. basically, the idea is to use all the part of bitter gourd-like, skin, seeds and pulp to make curry, chutney and refreshing bitter melon juice. For me, it takes about 10 minutes under high flame. Most of the time, I don’t even know what I am going to do with it. Place a pan over medium heat and pour 4 tsp coconut oil. Finally I have found something with bitter gourd that we both enjoy. Fry till they are brownish. add tamarind last & cook for 2 mins & take off fire. Karela/bittergourd 1/2 lb (cut in to round slices) Chilli powder 1 tsp; Turmeric Powder 1/4 tsp; Salt as needed; Olive oil 1 tbsp and 1 tsp At Simple Sumptuous Cooking, I share popular recipes that are simplified so you can prepare a great meal today! Add more water if needed, Add tamarind. Required fields are marked *. Watch Recipe Video Indian snack recipe: We made namak pare spicy after following this recipe of masala pare that gives the salted delicacy a twist of Indian spices. Heat oil in a sauce pan,add finely chopped garlic and fry them lightly Then add finely chopped carrots n capsicum and fry them nicely and add the fried karela slices and fry for another 2 minutes. This is one of the healthy veggie. Then add chilli powder and jaggery. Please feel free to try it and modify as you wish. add that to the oil. Masala Pare Gives A Spicy Spin To Traditional Namak Pare Snack. To … Few days ago, I picked up some bitter gourds from Indian store. Mix well and cook for around 5 minutes. Still love it tough:). nice pic…am drooling over it. This recipe reminds me of my love for bitter gourd. Like I mentioned, this curry is suitable with boiled rice or roti's. Fry them till they turn brownish. For stuffing: -Amchur Powder 2-3 spoons -Dhaniya pwd 1 tspn -Chilli pwd 1 tspn or more -Garam Masala 1 tspn -Haldi 1/2 tspn -1 small boiled potato Salt to taste. Mmmmm! looks sooo yummyy.. your blog is really veryy nice with lots of recipes that are mouth watering…. I so know what you mean… I buy the local veggies I get here and sometimes even ask the vegetable vendor what to do with these veggies. I have similar one. Good work! You do not have to squeeze out the water. For best results with this dish, choose the right kind of bitter gourd. an easy and simple 3 recipes made with one karela or bitter melon. Love all those spices! To prepare the bitter … Spicy bitter gourd curry is ready to serve. Mix those well until all combined. 25 Comments. Shilpa, you have turned bitter gourd curry into a tempting one! Bitter gourd makes up for the bitterness with its medicinal benefits. Sprinkle red chili powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, corn flour, chaat masala, black salt and toss well to coat. You have come to the right place! Ingredients: 1 cup bitter gourd(karathe) 1/2 cup onion 1 tea spn chilli powder 1/4 tea spn tamarind 1 tea spn jaggery(optional) Oil Salt, Seasoning : 2 tea spns chopped garlic Oil. Comment document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a75819f5aedc2fa91b8e0da4a6ec340a" );document.getElementById("bfade819c0").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Hello and Namaste, I am Uma and I welcome you to Mrishtanna! Then fry this karela till it is dark brown. Last weekend, in Rajasthan, I bought some very local veggies… when I asked the vendor how to cook them, a passerby told me and then they all found it so amusing, they laughed. remove all water from bitter gourd. Bitter gourd karam is an excellent and wonderful dish for diabetic patients, prepared with bitter gourd, peanuts, red chilli, roasted gram and spices. In a bowl, add the following and mix well: chopped bitter gourd, salt, turmeric powder, chili powder, and yogurt. Shallow fry in mustard oil till golden brown. Hello, Shilpa, If you and other readers like a less bitter,tender and more fleshy bitter melon, you must try Chinese bitter melon which is usually larger in size. Wash them thoroughly and drain all water completely. Will try soon. If you like the bitter taste, skip this step). Give me bittergourd any which way and I will eat it. After several trials and tries the dish now comes out to be quite delicious .The dish is spicy and the bitterness is camouflaged with the sweetness of onions. Set aside for about 30 minutes. Thank you Christine.