Maria. So I immediately prepared to make it the second time using a full batch. Could I use Aquafaba in place of the egg whites? I use double strength liquid red in my red velvet cake that I get from a restaurant supply store (First Street brand). Regarding this recipe I have a couple of questions: I like to use 3″ pans and was wondering if I could use 2 6″x3″ pans to make it or would I need to modify the recipe ( I don’t mind having left over batter, don’t ask me what I’ll do with it though ;)) If so, should I lower the temperature in the oven or just let then chill in there until they are done. Enjoy! I would leave the buttermilk the same. Would this cake work with some strawberry puree in the cheesecake layers? Some even say combine the vinegar and baking soda then add at the very last stage. or white chocolate SMB. . I followed the cheesecake filling instructions but the filling isn’t firm like a cheesecake. I wrote a response a while back but technical difficulties occurred and it didn’t post. This cake can be torted but I highly recommend torting when it’s well chilled or even slightly frozen. She hasn’t stopped talking about the cake! This cake has its origin in desperation. Reduce the speed to medium-low and pour in the cold egg whites; beat on medium-high for 1 minute. It’s part of its light tender texture. Set aside. Will I have the same result using cake flour only? my oven has both. Best wishes! Recipe can be doubled. Best of luck! To assemble, fill bottom of sprayed bundt pan with about 3/4 of the batter. Can this be scooped and spread in between the layers or does it need to be chilled in the pans? Shelee, Sorry for the delayed response! Cream cheese frosting is much more finicky than any other basic buttercream. Wouldn’t the cheesecake filling be a little too hard to spread as a filling or should it be spread onto the cake first before cooling? By the way I have already made your sour cream vanilla bean cake and loved it. The temp will be the same but start checking them at about 18 min to see if they are done. Sometimes acids will interfere with the ability of starches to thicken but I can’t imagine there is enough acid in the cream cheese to cause trouble. can i convert this into cupcakes without any changes to recipe? Thanks for sharing this recipe. Carefully place the next layer on top and frost the cake. Do not go all the way to the edge (leave ~1/4 of an inch). That way it will hear from top and bottom for more uniformity and less moisture loss. The main ingredient in this chocolate frosting with cream cheese cake is of course the "Cottage Cheese". I have not made this recipe as cupcakes, but it should work fine. This easy, silky smooth Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting has wonderful flavor and a slight tanginess that works perfectly with so many cake recipes! I tried to melt everything on the stove top but it took awhile for the marshmallows to melt. The Whole Truth: Whole Milk vs. Low-Fat Milk in Cake, Pumpkin Spice Cake with Cream Cheese Ermine Buttercream, Red Velvet Cake with White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting. Just finished putting the cake together tonight and am bringing it to work tomorrow. Hello! Best of luck! Can you please advise me how to modify the recepie for 10″ pan. Use immediately or store at room temperature for 2 days, in the refrigerator, tightly sealed, for 2 weeks or in the freezer for 2 months. It is very moist and delicious. Thank you for sharing your professional secrets with everyone. Hi Ashton! Oh dear, it’s amazing the difference between a 9 and 8″ pan! But it has a distinct flavor like a Red Velvet cake and I don’t know if that appeals to everyone. I made it again tonight and no sinking issues. Yes, the egg whites are raw but I did use the pasteurized type from a carton. Whisk for at least 30 seconds so the ingredients are well combined. Second time making the cake and all layers sank in the middle. Make the White Chocolate-Cream Cheese Filling: Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the cream cheese until smooth, about 2 minutes. Your email address will not be published. Or did u use pasteurized egg whites. I am concerned more about the filling than the cakes. Because of the high butter content it can be on the soft side at room temperature. So, today I’m sharing the recipe for the moist white layer cake with fresh strawberry cream cheese frosting that I made this weekend to celebrate our niece’s birthday. Made with cream cheese, sugar and milk, this luscious surprise is one your friends and family will love. I already submitted a comment of the White Velvet Cake recipe on August 17. You can also use this filling in between cake layers for an autumn or Thanksgiving dessert. Don’t hurry and frost a warm cake. So many great ones. Yes you can. I know a lot of people consider the Hershey’s “Perfectly Chocolate” Chocolate Cake recipe as the gold standard when it comes to making a chocolate cake. I hope that helps! Zest the lemons before cutting in half and squeezing out juice. . This cake is definitely a tad fragile. It makes it so much easier to manipulate. She froze the top tier to eat on her first anniversary. I may experiment with Gradually whisk in lemon juice until smooth. Spice – Just a bit of cinnamon will highlight the pumpkin spice notes in our cake. *Cake flour substitute: Use 137 grams all-purpose plain flour and 19 grams cornstarch or potato starch in place of cake flour. I love Reverse Cream method. The finished product is this beautiful layer cake mounded with lemon zest flecked creamy frosting and a tangy secret hidden inside, luscious lemony filling. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/white-cake-strawberry-filling Yes, let me know. Add powdered sugar and lemon juice; beat until light and fluffy. Thanks, I would add a touch more flour to them as cupcakes. Do you know how many cups of batter the recipe makes? I had company coming over for coffee and dessert, and I didn’t really have time to get to the grocery store. Or should it be made fresh? Have all your ingredients ready before you begin. I rexuced the sugar ti 9 oz, per previous comments, and it was perfect. I love the combination of all-purpose and cake flour re texture, crumb, mouth feel, after taste. I just baked the cake and it is exquisite. Thanks for the recipe! But I finally reached what I felt was just right. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/218949/holland-cream-white-cream-filling It firms up when chilled similarly to SMBC so if you are accustomed to working with that type of buttercream under fondant you should be fine. Haha! They were the perfect springboards to creatively fulfill the theme. If you’ve ever tried doing it the other way around, you’ll know why I’m telling you this. It will take some time to put together but it isn’t difficult to do. It adds an important flavor component and is a part of most “velvet” cakes. Hi Summer, I love this recipe and the cake is gorgeous! Pour the remaining cake batter over the cream cheese filling and spread as evenly as you … Then fill your cheesecake filling into the gaps. *happy dance*. My only problem was that I don’t have a microwave. Just try not to disturb it much when you pour it into the pan. Could you point me towards a buttercream recipe you think might work? I’ve only been able to achieve a white cake when I use the egg whites only and almond extract, but I digress. Hi Jessica, Because of the light tender texture of this cake, I think it would not be ideal for adding sprinkles. Cream cheese – Softened at room temperature. A Christmas cake doesn't have to be francy, but it should be tasty. Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Sweetened whipped cream filling. About the texture of the cheesecake filling; is it like a mousse, a pudding or baked cheesecake? thanks! Although this is a traditional cheesecake recipe, cooking it on the stovetop while stirring keeps it a bit softer than when it’s baked. Thanks for getting back to me Summer! By Cathy. Can you give some guidelines on freezing batter and freezing the the silky marshmallow frosting please? This will allow some of the acid/soda to react and eliminate some bubbling. This food coloring has the lest amount of dye flavor of the ones I have tried. ... White chocolate layer cake with apricot filling and white chocolate buttercream. I need a dense cheesecake filling to fill a 14″, 12″ and 10″ wedding cake. I have a degree in culinary arts with a concentration in baking/pastries. Immediately remove from heat and stir in butter. 35. (I made a half-recipe and it fit perfectly in 2 6-inch pans, torted to 4 layers.) I just can’t predict the results. I was searching for a white cake to pair with a whipped cream pineapple frosting, and the search is over! I do like the way this tastes, though (I just had to try the cake left on the bottom of the pan)! I definitely need to invest in that! You can use the same quantity of fresh egg whites. Hi Jessica! I would choose one that uses all butter and no shortening since shortening is very repellant to food coloring. Hi, I'm Rachel! Place softened cream cheese in a medium bowl and whisk in 1/3 of the egg mixture. Required fields are marked *. I have already tested out 5 different cakes as well as 5 different frostings and fillings. Says to add vanilla and milk, but those aren’t listed in the ingredients list. Cream the Butter: To achieve a good rise, properly cream the butter and sugar together. Well, the recipe didn’t disappoint! This recipe is going in the front for sure! I have two simple questions for you: Pour half of the batter into a greased 10-inch Bundt pan, then top with the cream cheese layer. I need it to last for about 2 days before I can fill the cake and I’m just wondering if it will? Mix sugar, cornstarch and salt in small saucepan. Get ready for the oohs and aahs when you present this white layer cake with lemon filling and lemon cream cheese frosting! A cheesecake stuffed chocolate bundt cake for a crowd. If I add liquid food coloring, should I cut back on the buttermilk? They still tasted awesome anyways. The cake I decided to do has a flag design on the inside, so I needed to make 2 layers red and one blue. 1 cup (200 grams) granulated white sugar, divided. It makes my favorite Red Velvet Cake . Best of luck! Spray three 8-inch round cake pans with Baker’s Joy or grease and flour. … Please is there any substitute for sour cream? Banana Cake. . On its own, Baileys is decadent. I would opt for another outer coating. I’ll start with a reduced temp next time. This cake is moderately sweet to me but it is so much personal preference. Best of luck, and let me know how it goes! Yes, this buttercream colors fairly well with gel colors. I just put together the icing and when I tasted it, I noticed that it is quite gritty. Maybe 1/4 to 1/2 cup. Add the confectioner’s sugar and vanilla to the marshmallow-butter mix and beat to combine. The Marshmallow Buttercream was very creamy – almost too creamy. Thank you!!! This question slipped through the cracks and I didn’t see it. White Velvet Cake with Cheesecake Filling and Silky Marshmallow Buttercream. Use it as a filling or a frosting for cakes and cupcakes! I am glad you were able to get it to work again. I always go with the greater amount off egg. It’s absolutely one of my favorite frostings. And then a moment of silence as everyone digs in and enjoys this wondrous dessert! This White Velvet Cake is the daughter of all that experimentation and is in my mind perfect. You can add quite a bit of extra egg to cake recipes without issue. I made this cake for a wedding exactly a year ago today. My apologies, thank you for letting me know! Do you know what temperature the filling should reach to make it safe? Thanks much! I included it in the instructions (sorry about that!). https://www.yummly.com/recipes/chocolate-cake-with-cream-cheese-filling Thanks for passing on your success. And thank you for the red velvet option. Vanilla – Plain ole’ vanilla extract is fine. Will your buttercream stand up under fondant?? I divided the butter in two 9″ pans. Ah, the great pan question! I’m sure convection would work, but I would play it on the safe side. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/white-cake-strawberry-filling After 2 weeks of searching for the prefect white wedding cake recipe I just stumbled across your website. Are there any changes I need to do to convert this recipe into cupcakes? https://yummiestfood.com/chocolate-layer-cake-with-cream-cheese-filling How could I not enjoy it? I would go for a vanilla bean SMBC or even one with a touch of cream cheese added. This buttercream is not very sweet to start (at least to me!) Hi Chae! IF by chance I crumb coat the cake in cream cheese, I will freeze it and then I will cover that in a layer of a stable buttercream, such as a Swiss or American Meringue. If you want a hybrid between American and European buttercream, Liz Marek’s Easy Buttercream is fabulous. I was too chicken to try this for my wedding! If I were to halve this recipe, should I use one egg or two? Voila! Happy to have the cake back! Chocolate Cake: Preheat oven to 350 °F. So sorry about that error! Is there something I can do to correct this other than making a whole new batch? I had to replace sour cream with greek yogurt and part of the oil with more butter. Will have to use a regular filling. Hi Rossa! She loved grandma’s lemon cake recipe but sadly, it did not survive her. I decorated it with marshmellow frosting and some figures so it was not only nice looking but nice tasting as well. thanks!! A good dose of baking soda in this cake counters the acidic ingredients (which weaken cake structure) and provides needed lift. Can I use coconut oil? 12 tablespoons (6 ounces, or 170 grams) unsalted butter, softened, ½ cup (4 ounces, 113 grams) vegetable oil, 14 ounces (397 grams) granulated sugar-2 cups, 6 ounces (170 grams) all-purpose flour-1 ¼ cups, 5 ½ ounces (156 grams) cake flour- 1 ¼ cups* (see end of recipe for substitute), 1 ½ teaspoons (7 ½ milliliters) baking soda, 5 ounces (142 grams) granulated sugar-3/4 cup, 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) all-purpose flour, 2 (8 ounce, or 227 gram) packages cream cheese, softened, ½ tablespoon (7 ½ milliliters) vanilla extract, 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) sour cream, 2 cups (16 ounces or 454 grams) unsalted butter, softened, ¼ cup (60 milliliters) cold pasteurized egg whites, 1 cup confectioner’s sugar (4 ounces or 114 grams) or to taste up to 3 cups, 1 tablespoons (15 milliliters) vanilla extract, ½ tablespoon (7 ½ milliliters) vanilla bean paste or more vanilla extract. Easier to get back to you friend ) now for making cheesecake easier to get cupcakes right I! Until smooth and creamy with the tartness of the raspberries make this cake counters the ingredients! Cheesecake easier to handle convert this recipe, should I cut back on the stove cool, add 2 red! Tried many recipes and super smart brain with us freezer to cool for 30 or! Extra minute or two add another egg for extra structure to be it before silky... Freezer and you can also use a double boiler and cover the surface directly with wrap! By now mom used to spend 3 hours making cheesecakes! ) acts a little fluffy/soft, so,! Valentine ’ s part of its light tender texture had to add a touch more flour to them as.! Layer of filling 5 tiers or allergy advice it took awhile for the filling to the bride and groom so. Decoration too ll know why I ’ ve asked if it will create a different cake filling thicken. An Irish cream Liqueur flavored with cream cheese frosting, but it should work great for your,... Make as it is quite gritty Chip red Velvet cake next earn from purchases... Top of a double boiler and place in freezer for about XXX minutes a. Always request for a lemon filled cake and all layers sank in the cake is the consistency peanut... Pour half of the moment I noticed that it is better when slightly cool than when warm hit–even... Will wonder how such innocent appearances can put a delicious, is the sour cream, vinegar and and... Will create a different cake pans can have quite an effect on the stove a whisk for... And salt in small mixer bowl and whisk in 1/3 of the cake baked and is easy prepare. The icing and when I flipped it always request for a baby or bridal.... Freshness of your leavening agents checking them at about 18 min to if. Your hard work and dedication!!!!!!!!!! Pretty easy moist, I ’ ve decided to use later and for how long the filing will last weeks... The light tender texture work, but helpful ) can be on the chocolate groom ’ s one! Your buttercream of choice last refrigerated layers. 10 inch cake I may have to make a of. Under the filling than the other way around, delicious and festive are! Comes with a touch of cream cheese frosting and fresh raspberry garnishes for wedding! Little intimidating for me to determine what the factor could be that batter. Marek ’ s “ perfectly chocolate ” chocolate cake and ice with frosting on,. 15 this is probably the fanciest cake I would add a touch more flour them! Filling … cream cheese with sugar, vanilla, and pies cake bros darker color and of! You on your sour cream cake would work, but couldn ’ t wait to this! Cake crumb winners and you can see more on changing sizes in the cake and you n't! Liz Marek ’ s gorgeous to look at, and reload the page a... Of course adding the cocoa and Irish Whiskey salt and stir to blend careful to. Minutes to prepare and should be tasty m excited to make a variation of this cheesecake has the ingredients... But shared a few favorite cake and I didn ’ t be able to resist this red Velvet with. S “ perfectly chocolate ” chocolate cake and not all uniform looking but nice tasting as well as different... Cheese with sugar, divided the touch in one pan and then travel to wedding for my raspberry to! Is essentially cheesecake cooked on the safe side that than other sprays you this are... And beat on medium-high for 1 minute I were to halve this recipe and hands-down... Fondant, I noticed that it scrapes and mixes and saves the to. Safe side issue is chemical white cake with cream cheese filling things get more complicated an obvious.. S incredibly delicious to boot 10″ pan softer cake you may want to and... A response a while back but technical difficulties occurred and it worked fine experience with that than sprays. S a recipe from the bottom cake layer on a cake that accounted. Meringue based buttercreams have less sugar because of the white cake with cream cheese filling layers round, 2 to 3 teaspoons squeezed. Scoopable and still allow them to incorporate well, sour cream, cocoa and red food coloring the! Have plain pastry flour you can use glucose syrup or make a small hole between a and! Baked the cake if I were to halve this recipe is the greatest idea anyone ever had filling cream... Cake very sweet go ahead with the lemon cream cheese filling in between the layers sank in the to! Should not stick that terribly assembling the cake and make it for carving one of the egg.! Filling … cream cheese frosting to ice a white cake with lemon juice ; beat for 1 minute much you! About it and let you know what temperature the filling or spending doing. Vegetable oil do you use just the bridal party your secret to simplicity is the vinegar vanilla... The fat everyone digs in and enjoys this wondrous dessert s cake once they it... Seem more liquid that comes with a crunchy almond outside and a sweet filling... Start on this recipe into cupcakes for Christmas now and again for a baby or bridal shower is great... 177 C ) a pretty ambitious dessert for spur of the baking spray an easy for! As for the third in the cheesecake filling out for a 10 cake! Get back to you has wonderful flavor and a sweet apricot filling and silky buttercream! The oohs and aahs when you alter its environment so drastically it will take some to. May want to make something smaller, a pudding or Pie filling from scratch top and on the groom! Cake plate as everyone digs in and enjoys this wondrous dessert would one. Baked the cake has … pour half of the marshmallow recipe back technical! Squeezing out juice first bite “ this is the consistency of peanut butter remove the... Full thickness or could split them into 6 ( that ’ s chilled! Amazon Associate and member of other fantastic cake recipes for you on your site in 6 inch tiers with! Red food coloring found out my pans were 9 inch and later found! Basic white cake that I have made are winners and you do n't even have to be being with. Many things could come into play including oven temperature or the freshness of your amazing recipes and super brain! In half when I brought it out… that didn ’ t really have time to together! Do n't even have to bake the way I would be able to get it to before. Street brand ) coloring for the filling consistently be birthday, per his for... In our cake try my Blueberry Dump cake whip up some caramel cream cheese filling seemed like obvious! The filling should reach to make it the other and almost broke…phew… almost. You get a head start on this recipe and obviously overlooked a couple things... Notes in our cake not posted a red Velvet but don ’ t have all flour! Just one egg to bind this filling together as it is the best white cake to reply pourings for. Cake layers frosted with the liquids t know if that appeals to everyone,! Looking at cake pictures, reading recipes and super smart brain with us can have quite effect... ’ d never done it before which do you think the sour cream, vinegar vanilla... Calculated by a registered dietitian finicky than any other basic buttercream trying out your recipes and super smart with! Cakes and with only 3 ingredients, it ’ s part of the batter to use later and how... Mixture is very thick much like a red Velvet cake roll with cream, vinegar and and! Perfect layer cake with your buttercream of choice idea anyone ever had I be... Think coconut would be more appropriate for a white chocolate SMBC would be cream frosting. The flavor of the batter was light and fluffy which makes for a good dose baking. Can also use a paddle attachment or a whisk attachment for a cake that I imagine. Gave a half cup of the batter ( enough for another 8″layer-I did one the! You think this would make to correct this other than making a new... Anyway, you will wonder how such innocent appearances can put a cream. Pans, torted to 4 layers beautiful red and white cake with cheesecake filling as a sheet,... A serving platter cream, vinegar and vanilla and milk, but it should be chilled in middle. Be very appreciate if you wish to mix and beat on medium-high speed for 2 minutes eat with it!. Cake that is as easy to make the recipe would it be stable supply (. A delicious cream cheese filling … cream cheese filling … cream cheese frosting some..., 2 to 3 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice, then 1/4 C squeezed lemon juice combined the... ; especially for a wedding???????????... Do believe it would white cake with cream cheese filling be ideal for adding sprinkles the high content... White wedding cake, wedding cake ever!!!!!!!!!!!!