I sh By Will Leitch: 04.28.03 : St. Louis had just suffered the worst flood anyone could remember. Dictionary, Encyclopedia and Thesaurus - The Free Dictionary, (I) wouldn't (do something) if I were you, (you've) got to get up pretty early in the morning to (do something), a straw will show which way the wind blows, the webmaster's page for free fun content, Calming bad vibes: from microscopes to skyscrapers, smart structures help control vibration, weighed (in the balance) and found wanting, weight (something) against (someone or something). | Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples A Spoonful Weighs a Ton Relevant Discussion on the Real Issues Facing America. Next stop Yoshimi. Lyrics to A Spoonful Weighs a Ton by The Flaming Lips from the The Soft Bulletin album - including song video, artist biography, translations and more! And though they were sad they rescued everyone They lifted up the sun A spoonful weighs a ton. It’s super easy, we promise! A dessert-spoonful is about two fluid drachms, 8 c.c.. A table-spoonful is about half a fluid ounce, 15 c.c. A spoonful of mustard will give the dish some zip. A Tea-Spoonful is about a fluid drachm, 4 c.c. Tough choice between that and Yeah Yeah Yeah. Most often refers to something that must (and can feasibly) be handled by hand, as opposed to something that actually weighs a ton or more. Over 7 billion people are able to make their homes on the surface of this rocky planet, and the Earth is also home to more than 8.7 million species (give or take a few million). The band’s cover of A Spoonful Weighs A Ton, originally recorded by alt.rock veterans The Flaming Lips, is another enjoyably weird interpretation. The End This blog is probably done for good. Perhaps the title is something the skeptics would say "It'll never work! Learn more. 2. Spoonful definition: You can refer to an amount of food resting on a spoon as a spoonful of food. Create an account with SongMeanings to post comments, submit lyrics, and more. "The Spark That Bled" (5:55) 3. This effect may be rhetorical as in the deliberate arrangement of words to achieve something poetic, or imagery as in the use of language to suggest a visual picture or make an idea more vivid. I'm just going to go ahead and pretend that doesn't mean anything. *BT* Forcing it off with their hands The trapdoor came undone Above our heads it swung The privilege had been won. This book is heavy. A spoonful weighs a ton (atomic warheads are super small with enormous power) Giving more than they had The process had begun (allusion to tremendous pressure and sacrifice that was a result of the project including radiation exposure to the scientists) A million came from one Greg, go get your brother to help us lift this thing. EnchantedLearning.com is a user-supported site. weigh a ton meaning: 1. to be very heavy: 2. to be very heavy: 3. to be very heavy: . The Lyrics for A Spoonful Weighs a Ton by The Flaming Lips have been translated into 1 languages. "A Spoonful Weighs a Ton" as written by Steven Drozd Michael Ivins. Being drunk on their plan They lifted up the sun. A spoonful weighs a ton Giving more than they had The process had begun A million came from one The limits now were none Being drunk on their plan, they lifted up the sun Forcing it off with their hands The trapdoor came undone Above our heads it swung The privilege had been won Being drunk on their plan, they lifted up the sun Yelling as hard as they can ... "A Spoonful Weighs a Ton" (3:32) 2. More like a metaphore than a slang word grab a spoon means that women are like different types of ice-cream and that you should grab a spoon (meaning that you should get back on the game) Riding To Work In The Year 2525 SeeTheLeaves God Walks Among You Now Pilot Can At The Queer Of God Frogs Encore: Bohemian Rhapsody (Queen Cover) Do You Realize?? 3.5k members in the flaminglips community. It weighs a ton! A Spoonful Weighs a Ton This song is by The Flaming Lips and appears on the album The Soft Bulletin (1999). A Spoonful Weighs A Ton (The Flaming Lips Cover) 6. In bridges and buildings, each girder or I-beam can. A Spoonful Weighs A Ton: 1-3: The Spark That Bled: 1-4: The Spiderbite Song: 1-5: What Is The Light? Log in now to tell us what you think this song means. He took a spoonful of the stew and ate it. check amazon for A Spoonful Weighs A Ton mp3 download these lyrics are submitted by burkul browse other artists under F:F2 Songwriter(s): Wayne Coyne, Michael Ivins, Steven Drozd Record Label(s): 1999 Warner Bros Records Inc for the U S and WEA International Inc for the world outside the U … 5 STORIES. To be extremely heavy. https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/weigh+a+ton. It weighs a ton! Mastodon - A Spoonful Weighs A Ton [Official Audio] - YouTube Saturday, October 07, 2006. 3. spoonful definition: 1. an amount held in a particular spoon: 2. an amount held in a particular spoon: 3. the amount…. The "Spoonful Weighs a Ton" reference may be in regards to the density of the sun (as inhumandecency described). The Flaming Lips tour, media, info, & discussion. Don’t have an account? Being an indie band doesn't mean they're necessarily on an indie label. Yelling as hard as they can Toe To Toes (Instrumental version) ... and the true meaning of punk rock. Another word for spoonful. In 'a spoonful of sugar', the word 'spoonful' is a partitive. The Soft Bulletin is the ninth studio album by American rock band the Flaming Lips, released by Warner Bros. Records on May 17, 1999, in the United Kingdom, and on June 22, 1999, in the United States. A spoonful weighs a ton. These suitcases weigh a ton! What have you got in them? Glad to see Evil Minds! The Flaming Lips Greatest Hits, Vol. The band’s cover of A Spoonful Weighs A Ton, originally recorded by alt.rock veterans The Flaming Lips, is another enjoyably weird interpretation. posted by a spoonful weighs a ton at 9:13 AM 4 comments. He stirred another spoonful of sugar into his tea. Click here to learn more. 1 Lyrics, The Yeah Yeah Yeah Song (With All Your Power) Lyrics. You know how heavy the sun is? A spoonful weighs a ton!" They really have. ". 5. Definition of Figure of Speech. It is something special to watch a band grow older with you. Learn more. Greg, go get your brother to help us lift this thing. LIFE AS A LOSER #153: "A SPOONFUL WEIGHS A TON." Being drunk on their plan They lifted up the sun. 58+1 sentence examples: 1. ONCE A … Find album reviews, stream songs, credits and award information for A Spoonful Weighs a Ton - The Flaming Lips, Mastodon on AllMusic - 2012 How to use ton in a sentence. Site members have full access to an ad-free, print-friendly version of the site. I almost don’t want to see them for another 10 years. I like Wayne’s singing – as with all my favourite singers, he’s just being himself. Spoonful definition, as much as a spoon can hold. I mean, at the end of ‘Spoonful Weighs a Ton,’ I get to sing that great line: ‘Yelling hard as they can/ The doubters all were stunned/ Heard louder than a gun/ The sound they made was love.’ Usually it is a little more, viz., nearly 5 c.c. ... A spoon is a tool you can use to dig a tomb.-Non-examples: *Peter Piper Picked a Peck of Pickled Peppers. "A Spoonful Weighs a Ton" 2. Weigh a ton definition: If you say that something weighs a ton , you mean that it is extremely heavy . Giving more than they had The process had begun A million came from one The limits now were none. DUH! Most often refers to something that must (and can feasibly) be handled by hand, as opposed to something that actually weighs a ton or more. A Spoonful Weighs A Ton by The Flaming Lips on The Soft Bulletin from The Current Wednesday, November 15, 2006. 1 ℗ 2009 Warner Records Inc. The album was released to widespread acclaim, and was hailed by critics as a departure from their previous guitar-heavy alternative rock sound into a more layered, intricately arranged work. 1 year ago. This information should not be considered complete, up to date, and is not intended to be used in place of a visit, consultation, or advice of a legal, medical, or any other professional. I almost don’t want to see them for another 10 years. Find more ways to say spoonful, along with related words, antonyms and example phrases at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus. | Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples They really have. Indie is actually a genre of music and there are certain styles of music that are considered indie. Ton definition is - any of various units of weight:. Writer: The Flaming Lips Auto-generated by YouTube. To be extremely heavy. 4. This backpack weighs a ton.-Non-examples: This house was big. The word or phrase is a type of figurative language whose meaning is understood through common usage. A spoonful of a neutron star weighs about a billion ton At first glance, it seems that the Earth is a rather large object. I don’t feel I need to. 1", "Do You Realize? Non-lyrical content copyright 1999-2020 SongMeanings, Javascript must be enabled for the correct page display, The Soft Bulletin Live la Fantastique de Institution 2011, The Flaming Lips – A Spoonful Weighs a Ton, Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots Pt. The Flaming Lips lyrics - 249 song lyrics sorted by album, including "At The Movies On Quaaludes", "Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots Pt. Lyrics to "A Spoonful Weighs A Ton" by THE FLAMING LIPS: And though they were sad / They rescued everyone / They lifted up the sun / A spoonful weighs a ton / Giving more than they had / The process had begun / A million came from one / The limits now were none / … "A Spoonful Weighs a Ton" 3. A figure of speech is a word or phrase that is used in a non-literal way to create an effect. Usually it is almost 20 c.c.. A wine-glassful is about one and a half to two fluid ounces, 45 to 60 c.c.. / The Observer Spoonful definition is - as much as a spoon will hold; specifically : teaspoonful. The band probably doesn’t realize this, but, I mean it, they’ve written every one of their songs especially for me. People that think that are stupid. The band probably doesn’t realize this, but, I mean it, they’ve written every one of their songs especially for me. See more. Still, “Race for the Prize”, “A Spoonful Weighs a Ton” and the heart-pricking “Waitin’ for a Superman” are the standouts, and the first seven tracks are really all you need (I have the Aussie version). A spoonful weighs a ton Giving more than they had The process had begun A million came from one The limits now were none Being drunk on their plan, they lifted up the sun Forcing it off with their hands The trapdoor came undone Above our heads it swung The privilege had been won Being drunk on their plan, they lifted up the sun Yelling as hard as they can All content on this website, including dictionary, thesaurus, literature, geography, and other reference data is for informational purposes only. / The Observer: 1-6: Waitin' For Superman: 1-7: Suddenly Everything Has Changed: 1-8: The Gash: 1-9: Feeling Yourself Disintegrate: 1-10: Sleeping On The Roof: Videos Video 1: Race For The Prize: Video 2: What Is The Light? A Spoonful Weighs A Ton Love Yer Brain