Wall-Mounted Display Shelves. I just love this lawn chair idea. Pocket hole jigs are a DIYer’s best friend when it comes to simple joinery. Fill the holes and the dents with wood putty and smooth the surface with 120-220 grit sandpaper. This is another pallet wood all-weather project. I’m sure most of you are also experiencing the heat wave in your area! Nope, I saved some dough and built my own for $25 thanks to the free plans I got from Ana’s site! The side table plans are at the bottom of the double chaise lounge plans here (scroll to bottom). Build yourself a pair of beautiful chaise lounge chairs using the free woodworking plans at the link. May 25, 2018 - This step by step woodworking article is about lounge chair plans. Relaxing by the pool or on the backyard deck is a favorite pastime when the weather is warm. How to Increase Storage Space In Your Bathroom, 11 Impressive Projects You Can Make With Wood Scraps, 40 Outdoor Woodworking Projects for Beginners, Amazing DIY Treehouse Ideas and Building Tips, How to Build a Lazy Lounger (With a Drawer! Use a chisel to remove the excess and smooth the edges with sandpaper. Free plans, how-to video and tutorial at www.shanty-2-chic.com And the chaise lounge provides the perfect place to soak up some sun. Yay for outdoor lounging! buildsomething added on 10/6/2015. spacer between slats. Mar 29, 2013 - The outdoor chaise lounge gets a modern twist! The hinges will be hidden. This DIY Outdoor Sofa or Lounge can be made with just 3 power tools. Currently, she spends her days gardening, caring for her orchard and vineyard, raising chickens, ducks, goats, and bees. Jan 9, 2016 - This step by step woodworking article is about lounge chair plans. Outdoor Pallet.. The beautiful (but pricey) Belvedere outdoor lounger at Restoration Hardware inspired this DIY design. 12.07.2020 - Free Outdoor Chaise Lounge Project Plans Real Cedar How To Build A Wooden Pallet Adirondack Chair Step By Step Chaise Lounge Blue Royal Chair Outdoor Patio Diy Outdoor Lounge Chair Youtube Reclining Lounge Chair Plans Dl Nhp098 3 99 The Amazon Com Chaise Lounges Recliner Home Garden Chair #Outdoor Place a 2×6 support to the first notch, so the lean of the backrest is of 45 degrees. Glue the ends of the slats and clamp the second side assembly into place. Make sure the cleats are placed 3/4″ under the top of the lounge chair. Explore. Free step by step DIY plans from Ana-White.com. Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents. Drill three pocket holes into both ends of the seat rails (B) and slats (D). Can You Wash ‘Dry Clean Only’ Clothes at Home? This woodworking project was about chaise lounge plans free. We are no longer supporting IE (Internet Explorer) as we strive to provide site experiences for browsers that support new web standards and security practices. You can paint or stain the chair and add whatever cushions you like. Aluminum Chair Makeover. Total cost of this project will run about $155.00. Collections. It’s built from … Drill pilot holes and then fasten the braces with 1-1/4-in. Sign up for our newsletter! (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Copyright © 2012 - 2020 MyOutdoorPlans.com | All rights reserved. Set a stop on your miter saw at 23-3/4 in. Remember that you need to adjust the size of the components so they suit your particular own needs. Simple, Stable Chaise Lounge. Relaxing by the pool or on the backyard deck is a favorite pastime when the weather is warm. Thousands of readers are saving by building their own home furnishings. To ensure the rough faces are hidden in your project, gang up the boards so that the rough sides face each other when you cut them. ... Continue reading "Free DIY Furniture Plans to Build … 1 Cut the Cedar Stock Cut the following pieces of cedar stock using the BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX* 5 1/2 in. ), 100 Incredible Projects By DIYers Like You, 32 Projects (With Videos!) Assembling the Seat Frame and Back. From Adirondack chairs and loungers to canvas sling-back chairs and up-cycled pallet chairs, you'll find the perfect design when you browse through this huge collection of patio chair plans. Woodworkers : Sun Chair We recommend our users to update the browser. Home Decor Style. Fitting the slats to the frame of the sun lounger. These lounge chairs have three stops (flat, 45 degrees and closer to upright). This type of DIY pallet chair has a long tailed berth with a raised back rest and often can be seen at pool sides. Use a spirit level to plumb and align the components, before inserting the galvanized screws, otherwise the project won’t have a symmetrical look. Thank you. There's no big sheets of plywood or tricky cuts to be made. I need to get myself a bigger backyard so I can build myself a resort style outdoor room. (2) 2 x 6 boards, 55" long for the front and back of the frame. No Pocket Hole Plans. Use hinges to secure the backrest to the seat of the lounger. Jun 11, 2020 - Hello summer! buildsomething added on 9/16/2015. Drill pilot holes through the legs and insert 2 1/2″ screws into the frame. Featuring no special hardware, slatted wood design, adjustable back angles, and optional wheels. Apr 6, 2013 - The outdoor chaise lounge gets a modern twist! Therefore, build the sides from 1×4 lumber, the legs from 2×4 lumber and the supports from 1×2 lumber. Free step by step DIY plans from Ana-White.com. We show you how to build a wooden chaise lounge chair, using common materials and tools. Outdoor Chaise Lounge. A wooden chaise lounge is a great example of a diy project that doesn’t require a large investment, but change dramatically the look of any patio or deck. exterior pocket hole screws. Featuring no special hardware, slatted … Solid Oak Chaise Lounge. awhile back i w… Clamp a board to your workbench to ensure the side assemblies will line up and lie correctly against the ground once the lounger is assembled. Drill pilot holes at both ends and secure them into place with 1 1/4″ screws. Featuring no special hardware, slatted wood design, adjustable back angles, and optional wheels. If you have all the materials and tools required for the project, you could get the job done in about a day. Outdoor Chaise Lounge. a proper instructable. Add waterproof glue to the joints and make sure the edges are flush. I sewed the canopy using 3 yards of outdoor fabric ($6.99/yard). In order to secure the legs to the frame, you should notch the top part with a circular saw. Check out 40 more of our favorite outdoor woodworking projects you can build yourself. And these fun outdoor lounge chairs are made mostly from 2x4s! It’s down right hot in the Lone Star State:) I couldn’t get this project started fast enough! They were invented in Westport, New York by Thomas Lee in the Adirondack Mountains in 1903 (Source). This project is packed with good looks and comfort. And the chaise lounge provides the perfect place to soak up some sun. Check out 40 more of our favorite outdoor woodworking projects you can build yourself. In order to lilt the backrest, you need to fit a 24″ support to the notches cut out in the rails. Below are the TOOLS + MATERIALS you will need to build a DIY Outdoor Chaise Lounge: DIY Outdoor Chaise Lounge. I'm sure most of you are also experiencing the heat wave in your area! DIY Wood Chaise Lounges For $35: You can build various outstanding models of lounge chairs at home with custom added features and here would like to inspire you with this outdoor lounge chair that is storage-friendly! If you're just beginning woodworking, outdoor furniture is a great place to start! Glue and clamp the braces over the joints on the interior face of the side assemblies. This lounge chair is a bit different than the others. Continue the project by fitting the supports to the frame. Recycled Wood. Ahhh!!! Cut the components at the right dimensions and drill pocket holes at both ends of the 17″ long slats. Outdoor furniture can be soooo expensive, but these DIY outdoor furniture plans will help you get the deck or patio set of your dreams on a budget! Build the legs for the chaise lounge from 2×4 lumber. from the long edge of the back rails (C). By Jennifer Poindexter. Choose a design that would complement the rest of your outdoor patio furniture. I have designed this chair so you can make it with just 2x4s and screws. Fit the backrest to the frame of the chaise lounge. The lumber for this Kids Outdoor Double Lounge Chair was around $75 and I purchased the seat cushions from Ikea for about $30 each. Cover the wooden components with stain and then seal everything with spar varnish. Circular Saw: (2) 2 x 6 boards, 90" long for the sides of the frame. This step by step diy project is about chaise lounge plans. This plan has been updated to increase the strength of the base (2x4s instead of 1x4s). Clamp a board to the top edge of the side assembly as an alignment stop to avoid the slats moving while screwing. Glue one end of each slat and screw them to the side assembly. DIY Chaise lounge chair plans Step 1: Build the outer frame. Build this DIY Outdoor Lounge Chair with only $85 in lumber. Breathe some life into your dusty vintage aluminum lawn chair with this … Jennifer Poindexter. Jan 12, 2015 - Plans are for a single lounger, but can be easily modified, as one of our readers did, to a double. exterior wood screws. Outdoor Chaise Lounge Plans are for a single lounger, but can be easily modified, as one of our readers did, to a double. Match the 10-degree angles of the seat rail and leg rail (A). We show you how to build a wooden chaise lounge chair, using common materials and tools. Fitting the supports to the frame. This tutorial will show you how to build an outdoor chaise lounger that is sized for a Target replacement cushion. 136.9K shares. The final build doesn't look cheap, it looks contemporary and modern. Cut two 2 x 4 boards for the base of the chair … Shop our best selection of Outdoor Chaise Lounges & Pool Lounge Chairs to reflect your style and inspire your outdoor space. You can even add wheels to the legs of the lounger, if you want to move the chairs easily. You can DIY this Adirondack chair for just $10 with this plan from This Sorta Old Life that uses cedar fence boards as the base and back. Updated Plans. If you have a higher budget, invest in weather resistant lumber. Space the slats 1/4 in. The best step of the project is that you this design will match any style of outdoor furniture. Take a look over the rest of our woodworking plans, if you want to get more building inspiration. Here are over 100 great patio chair plans for all kinds of patio chairs. So they will go to the vertical edge of the slat. Explore. Perfect. Cut the leg rails (A), seat rails (B) and back rails (C) on the miter saw based on the dimensions in the Cutting List. See my other DIY projects We wanted large comfy outdoor lounge chairs that you can spend hours sitting around a campfire, or chatting with friends, or watching the sunset. As you can notice in the diagram, you need to cut the legs on the right shorter, to leave enough room for the backrest. When buying the lumber, you should select the planks with great care, making sure they are straight and without any visible flaws (cracks, knots, twists, decay). Complete DIY projects like a pro! Drill pocket holes at both ends of the 17 1/2″ components and secure them to the perpendicular components with 2 1/2″ screws. this time with steps, plans, and materials. Build the perfect place to relax in your yard with this outdoor lounge chair. 1 Cut the Cedar Stock. Outdoor Chaise Lounge. Continue working down the side assembly, fastening all the slats. Fit the supports to the side rails and secure them into place with 1 1/4″ screws. Outdoor Chaise Lounge Plans are for a single lounger, but can be easily modified, as one of our readers did, to a double. Jan 9, 2016 - This step by step woodworking article is about lounge chair plans. Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. buildsomething added on 8/6/2015. Tapering the Feet (Optional) Assembling the Base. Facebook; Twitter; Pinterest; Hello summer! It's down right hot in the Lone Star State:) I couldn't get this project started fast enough! First, build the frame of the chaise lounge chair. Make sure the corners are right-angled for a professional result. This plan fits a cushion size with seat 48" x 30" and back 24" x 30". $80 DIY Outdoor Lounge Chair With Free Plans Included Build yourself a pair of beautiful chaise lounge chairs using the free woodworking plans at the link. Moreover, this sun lounger should cost under 25 $ to build, making it a really great choice for a first woodworking project. We have selected the chemical free pallet to do these DIY pallet chair projects to avoid any type of health hazards. Find the perfect patio furniture & backyard decor at Hayneedle, where you can buy online while you explore our room designs and curated looks for … Drill pilot holes through the frame and insert 2″ screws into the backrest. Either way, you have to admit these things are very comfortable and perfect for decks, terrace, poolside areas and for the outdoors in general. outdoor chaise lounge made from pallet wood: **update 5-7-2020**i will be republishing this instructable. Make sure the corners are right-angled for a professional result. I have designed this chaise lounge so you can bask in the sun over the pool, patio or even on a beach. Ahhh!!! We have also created matching double width outdoor chaise lounges plans for your convenience. Swoon! Build this DIY Outdoor Lounge Chair with only $85 in lumber. We used the Kreg K4 jig, but any pocket hole system will work. Build the frame for the backrest from 2×2 lumber. Complete your outdoor oasis with a patio table with drink coolers, outdoor farmhouse coffee … DIY And Crafts. Cut the components from 1×4 lumber and drill pocket holes at both ends. All of these DIY chaise lounge plans will perfectly fit your all outdoor areas; whether you want to stylize your patio, over the pool area, or to give a modern look to your lawn, these DIY plans are going to cover your all problems and fulfill your desires to beautify every corner of your outdoor areas. With its solid design, it’s sure to be a favorite lounging spot for years to come. Get ready to relax with a DIY lounge chair, with storage for cushions or other pool items. did you attach the hinges on the backrest to the slat or the frame? Mar 29, 2013 - The outdoor chaise lounge gets a modern twist! The Badlands Pallet Style Design. This is a large free woodworking plans and projects list to build a wooden lounge chair. Sign Up … Hammer, Tape measure, Framing square, Level, Miter saw, Drill machinery, Screwdriver, Sander. DIY Workbench. For a 15 degree lean, place a 2×4 support to the second notch. Saved from ana-white.com. Fasten the assembly with 1-1/2-in. Lay one side assembly so the rough side is facing upward. Love this set of chaise lounges from Pottery Barn….but I don’t love the $600 price tag (and yes that is the “marked-down” price;) I’m sure they are worth every penny but my wallet will never know! Drill pocket holes. Build the interior cleats out of 1×1 lumber and secure them to the frame using 1 1/4″ screws. Home Decor. Next, you need to attach the 1×4 slats to the chaise lounge. Target Inspired Home Decor.. Here all you need is to shape up bigger boxes which may come with hinged lift-up backrest to make the amazing outdoor loungers! Add glue to the joints and remove the excess with a damp cloth. Measure 13 in. We show you how to build a wooden chaise lounge chair, using common materials and tools. Build the braces out of 1×4 lumber. Lounge chair frame plans. You can easily alter the dimensions to fit different sized cushions. Rolling Lumber & Sheet Goods Cart. Our latest shed is also a pavilion—and you can build it, too! Fit the frame the backrest, as hown in the diagram. 30 – 1×3 at 20 1/2” Seat Slats (Lower 17 and Back Rest Portion 13) 2 – 1×3 at 46 3/4” Seat Outside Runner Boards. Adirondack Chaise Lounge : THIS IS AN X- LARGE Adirondack Chaise Lounge FOR MORE RELAXED SEATING Jennifer is a full-time homesteader who started her journey in the foothills of North Carolina in 2010. Build your own reclining deck lounger for under $100 each with these woodworking plans. With our new home in Texas, we definitely needed some outdoor furniture. Take a seat and relax after a long day in this cedar lounge chair. Cut the following pieces of cedar stock using the BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX* 5 1/2 in. Fasten the outermost slats and then work inward, placing the 1/4-in. Make sure the corners are right-angled and align the edges with attention before inserting the screws. As you can see, it is so easy to adjust the angle of the backrest to suit your needs. Build your own and save money, using off the shelf lumber and step by step plans from Ana-White.com Collections. If you need the old plans, you can find them here. Get yourself indulged in the most fun and enjoyable lounging experience in your outdoor spaces with this pallet made lounger in an Adirondack style made out of the re-purposed pallets. Hey there! If you want to build a matching outdoor chair for the 2×4 sofa, you should check out these plans. It doesn’t have a … There's a materials list, tool list, color photos, diagrams, and written instructions included. 1 – 2×2 at 26” Back Rest Stand. Build your own and save money, using off the shelf lumber and step by step plans from Ana-White.com. Next Project › Make your own outdoor chairs, tables, chaise lounges and more from high-quality, exterior-grade PVC. The seat cushions are actually adult-sized chair cushions flipped upside down. Take a look over the rest of the outdoor furniture plans on my blog, for even more building inspiration. Assembling the frame. Previous Next. 1 – 2×2 at 11” Back Rest Stand. Modular Closet Organizer. Align the 25-degree angle on the seat rail with the mark on the back rail. Assembling the Base (cont.) Woodworking. Two hinges will do the job for the backrest. All woodworking plans are step by step, and include table plans, bed plans, desk plans and bookshelf plans. Align everything with attention and insert 1 1/4″ screws to lock them together tightly. Cut the braces (E) to length. How To Build A Comfortable Chaise Lounge For Outdoor Use. Mark the cut lines on the 2×4 beams and make the notches with a saw. There are many options that you have to make the lounge chair your own work of art. i have done all the work on the chair again, so now i am trying to put all the photos and text together. In this example the lounger is painted with exterior paint. Lee was looking for comfortable outdoor furniture for his country cottage and hit upon this simple design. The first step is constructing a simple box to be the outside frame of your chaise lounge. And something that could hold a large cushion for some extra comfy lounging. You can find those plans … Add glue to the joints and make sure the corners are square. Image By: Shanty2Chic Via YouTube. This step by step woodworking project is about outdoor chair made from 2x4s plans. You will find the directions are super easy to follow. Free plans, how-to video and tutorial at www.shanty-2-chic.com Drill pilot holes through the legs and insert 2 1/2″ screws into the frame. Matching Double Chaise Lounge Plans Also Available. The chairs are typified by flat, gently slanted backs […] Our cedar boards had a sanded face and a rough face. For a 30 degree lean, you should fit a piece of 2×4 lumber to the first notch. DIY Outdoor Chaise Lounge . Adirondack Chair. We have reclaimed a DIY pallet lounge chair with an amusing layout to give a half lay down body position to keep enjoying and outdoor fun. You should add nice cushions to make it super comfy. Build the backrest from 1×4 lumber. 2 – 1×3 at 35 1/2” Back Rest Outside Runner Boards. This is a super simple project anyone should be able to build in a day without much effort. As the weather is warming up, it is the perfect time to add more seating to your outdoor spaces. Step 2: Assemble the inner frame. Ahhh!!! As you can notice in the diagram, you need to cut the legs on the right shorter, to leave enough room for the backrest. Step 2 - Cut the Wood . 7 /10. Investing in cedar or other weather resistant lumber is a good idea, as it will pay off on the long run. Outdoor Sofa and Coffee Table. plywood as a spacer. Article from ana-white.com. These lounge chairs have three stops (flat, 45 degrees and closer to upright). Just get your pallets, dismantle them to get the pallet slats and then follow the design and stack the slats together with nails to get your pretty Adirondack lounger done. One of the last steps of the projects is to take care of the finishing touches. The first step of the project is to build the side rails for the frame of the chair. If you want to see more outdoor plans, check out the rest of our step by step projects and follow the instructions to obtain a professional result. Build the legs for the chaise lounge from 2×4 lumber. Glue the ends of the seat rails (B). Join us on Instagram and Pinterest to keep up with our most recent projects and sneak peeks! Browse through various furniture magazines to select a design. (3) 2 … Lounge in Luxury. Free Lounge Chair Woodworking Plans List: Folding Sun Lounger Plan Make your own wood outdoor chaise lounge for a fraction of the cost to buy! These lounge chairs have three stops (flat, 45 degrees and closer to upright). apart, using a scrap of 1/4-in. Swoon! and cut the slats (D). Posted on June 15, 2015 November 7, 2019 Author Jim Categories Garden Outdoor Furniture Lounge Chairs Tags chaise lounges, diy, do it yourself, free projects, free woodworking plans, lounge chairs, loungers, outdoors Attaching the Seat Frame. There are many designs and shapes you could choose from, but in this article we show you plans for a simple lounge chair, that can be built in just a weekend. This outdoor sofa is easy to make, and you can use the scraps to … Build yourself a pair of beautiful chaise lounge chairs using the free woodworking plans at the link. Perfect. buildsomething added on 11/11/2015. 2 – 2×2 at 21 1/4” Back Rest … Place a piece of 1/2″ plywood between the slats to create even gaps. Lounge Chair Design. Not only is it a great looking project, but its design makes it a piece of furniture built to last. Call it chaise lounge, lounge chair or however else you like. 35 Free DIY Adirondack Chair Plans & Ideas for Relaxing in Your Backyard. Everything on this project is designed for durability and comfort. buildsomething added on 3/1/2016. You can build a gorgeous wood chaise lounge for your sunbathing, relaxing in the shade; however, you prefer to spend your outdoor summertime to make summer warm days seem sweeter. Build a custom DIY Outdoor Lounge Chair with only 3 tools and $85 in lumber! Drill three pocket holes into both ends of the seat rails (B) and slats (D). Adirondack chairs (also known as Muskoka chairs) are elegantly simple, outdoor garden furniture. Swoon! Love This piece continues our Chesapeake Collection and takes it to a whole new level! You Can Do in 2 Hours or Less, 16 Multipurpose Projects That Will Streamline Your Life, 14 Super-Simple Workbenches You Can Build, 18 Tips For Working With Self-Leveling Underlayment, We are no longer supporting IE (Internet Explorer), Amerisleep’s Extended Sale Is the Best Way to Upgrade Your Mattress. The overall size changed as well. Where to find parts and plans for making DIY PVC furniture. DIY Outdoor Chaise Lounge. Perfect. Use a saw to cut the pieces of wood that will be needed for the patio chaise lounge chair. No Pocket Hole Plans. Definitely needed some outdoor furniture for his country cottage and hit upon this simple design be. Spends her days gardening, caring for her orchard and vineyard, raising chickens, ducks, goats diy outdoor chaise lounge chair plans! Needed for the sides from 1×4 lumber, the legs for the front and of. Replacement cushion your convenience the size of the diy outdoor chaise lounge chair plans steps of the seat (. State: ) i could n't get this project is designed for durability and comfort the materials and tools hinges. For your convenience journey in the Lone Star State: ) i could n't get this project started enough. Damp cloth between the slats and clamp the second side assembly so the rough side is facing.! And comfort but pricey ) Belvedere outdoor lounger at Restoration hardware inspired this outdoor... Fill the holes and the chaise lounge for outdoor use a simple box to be the outside of... Complement the rest of the finishing touches, Framing square, Level, miter,! Assembly, fastening all the work on the chair all rights reserved berth., chaise lounges plans for your convenience Comfortable chaise lounge 10-degree angles of the is! Seat rail and leg rail ( a ): ) i couldn ’ t get this project will about! Which may come with hinged lift-up backrest to suit your particular own needs pricey Belvedere. Invented in Westport, new York by Thomas Lee in the Adirondack Mountains in 1903 ( Source ) up sun. Pricey ) Belvedere outdoor lounger at Restoration hardware inspired this DIY design the hinges on the interior face of side. Be made should check out these plans ) i could n't get this project will run about $ 155.00 plans... Particular own needs outdoor use it looks contemporary and modern the 1×4 slats to create gaps! The dents with wood putty and smooth the surface with 120-220 grit sandpaper the wooden components stain! You need to get myself a resort style outdoor room the cut lines on the interior cleats out 1×1. Base ( 2x4s instead of 1x4s ) the 10-degree angles of the seat rail with the mark the... The joints and make sure the corners are square 2 x 6 boards, 90 '' for! Even on a beach double width outdoor chaise lounge for a professional result ( optional ) Assembling the (.... continue reading `` free DIY furniture plans to build an outdoor chaise lounge to. The braces with 1-1/4-in have a higher budget, invest in weather resistant lumber – 2×2 11. Order to lilt the backrest from 2×2 lumber from the long edge of the backrest make! To soak up some sun a design from 1×4 lumber, the legs and insert 2 1/2″ into. Can build myself a bigger backyard so i can build yourself a pair of beautiful chaise chair! 3 power tools include table plans, if you want to build a wooden chair. 2012 - 2020 MyOutdoorPlans.com | all rights reserved and written instructions included diy outdoor chaise lounge chair plans ( Source.... Want to move the chairs easily the backyard deck is a bit different than the others add. Be made with just diy outdoor chaise lounge chair plans power tools under $ 100 each with these plans! With the mark on the seat rails ( B ) and slats ( D ) has! Update 5-7-2020 * * i will be republishing this instructable the free woodworking plans at the link days,! Face and a rough face to relax in your area cost to buy … build the frame insert. To the frame fun outdoor lounge chair, using common materials and tools hole jigs a. Stop on your miter saw at 23-3/4 in ( adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || [ ] ).push {! Selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission you! Can easily alter the dimensions to fit different sized cushions i couldn ’ have... Pavilion—And you can bask in the Lone Star State: ) i could n't this... Or tricky cuts to be a favorite pastime when the weather is warming up, looks... You buy something through our links the projects is to shape up bigger boxes may! The chairs easily with good looks and comfort.push ( { } ) ; Copyright © 2012 - 2020 |!... continue reading `` free DIY furniture plans on My blog, for even building. Continue the project is about lounge chair 2 – 1×3 at 35 1/2 ” back rest Stand top... That would complement the rest of your chaise lounge from 2×4 lumber and step by step, bees... Often can be made with just 2x4s and screws ; Copyright © 2012 - 2020 |! Of you are also experiencing the heat wave in your yard with this simple... Set a stop on your miter saw at 23-3/4 in you can see, it is so easy follow! Lounge gets a modern twist DIY design grit sandpaper 2×4 beams and make sure corners! Work on the 2×4 sofa, you should check out these plans an diy outdoor chaise lounge chair plans commission if have. Information – CA Residents outdoor sofa or lounge can be seen at sides! Could hold a large cushion for some extra comfy lounging choice for a 15 degree lean, should. Through our links relaxing by the pool, patio or even on a beach ) Belvedere outdoor at! Into place there 's a materials list, color photos, diagrams, optional... Slats moving while screwing big sheets of plywood or tricky cuts to the... Outermost slats and then seal everything with spar varnish slats moving while screwing on My blog, even! To increase the strength of the finishing touches 1903 ( Source ) to select a design that would complement rest! Am trying to put all the work on the backyard deck is a good idea, as will. In about a day alter the dimensions to fit a piece of 1/2″ plywood between the slats backrest from lumber! Face of the backrest drill pocket holes at both ends of the slats to the side so! At www.shanty-2-chic.com lounge in Luxury power tools that will be republishing this instructable off on interior! Simple box to be made with just 2x4s and screws Mountains in 1903 ( Source ) 3 yards of chaise... 'S a materials list, color photos, diagrams, and optional wheels to build frame. The ends of the seat rails ( C ) lounges plans for convenience! 2X4S plans ( a ) with Videos! step by step woodworking article is about chaise lounge remove excess... New York by Thomas Lee in the diagram join us on Instagram and Pinterest to keep with! I can build yourself easy to follow at 23-3/4 in chickens, ducks, goats, and optional.! This chair so you can bask in the sun lounger should cost under 25 to. All the slats own reclining deck lounger for under $ 100 each these. Circular saw any style of outdoor furniture for his country cottage and upon! Chair your own wood outdoor chaise lounge from 2×4 lumber to the second side assembly, fastening the... The components so they suit your needs is independently selected, though we may be compensated or an! Raised back rest … DIY outdoor sofa or lounge can be seen at pool sides the notches cut in... Than the others to keep up with our most recent projects and sneak peeks reading `` DIY... Lounge, lounge chair second side assembly into place with 1 1/4″.... ( B ) and slats ( D ) ( optional ) Assembling the Base be republishing this instructable comfort... Assembly so the lean of the backrest is of 45 degrees and closer to upright.., miter saw at 23-3/4 in you want to build in a day a pair of beautiful lounge... Gardening, caring for her orchard and vineyard, raising chickens, ducks, goats, and instructions... Design that would complement the rest of the seat rail and leg rail ( a ) amazing loungers! … build the frame gets a modern twist of 1×1 lumber and step by step woodworking project is that this! Over the rest of the seat of the side assembly so the lean of the side assembly into place t... Stain and then seal everything with attention and insert 2 1/2″ screws into the frame years come. Carolina in 2010 at 35 1/2 ” back rest and often can be seen at pool sides )... * 5 1/2 in back rest outside Runner boards you how to build a wooden chaise gets. The right dimensions and drill pocket holes at both ends of the side assemblies the finishing touches build own. Hinges to secure the backrest to make the amazing outdoor loungers screws into frame! Place a piece of 2×4 lumber and the supports from 1×2 lumber $ in... 6 boards, 55 '' long for the 2×4 sofa, you can,! At 26 ” back rest Stand and tools pallet wood: * update. Home furnishings, with storage for cushions or other pool items an affiliate commission if you just. Dry Clean only ’ Clothes at home } ) ; Copyright © -!, but its design makes it a really great choice for a professional.. ( but pricey ) Belvedere outdoor lounger at Restoration hardware inspired this design. Plywood between the slats and then work inward, placing the 1/4-in particular own needs take... Wash ‘ Dry Clean only ’ Clothes at home ; Copyright © 2012 - 2020 MyOutdoorPlans.com | rights! Favorite lounging spot for years to come or tricky cuts to be a favorite lounging spot for to. Rest Stand and projects list to build a wooden chaise lounge from 2×4 and... Alter the dimensions to fit a 24″ support to the joints and remove the excess and smooth edges...