Vector then blasts Gru's ship with the shrink ray as payback for the latter freezing his head. He also appeared as one of the main characters of the MYCUN franchise, and is Gabriel's best friend. He made a "prototype" rocket out of macaroni and an actual working prototype rocket. Jul 26, 2013 - “ FELONIOUS GRU ” Played By: Steve Carell (Voice) Film: Despicable Me / Despicable Me 2 Year: 2010 / 2013 Dr. Nefario confronts Gru and tells him how he feels the girls are becoming "a major distraction" and tells him "they need to go, if you don't do something about it, then I will." Vector flees in an escape pod with the girls inside. He tells them a bedtime story about a unicorn whose life was changed when he met three little kittens (his own life story). 1 History 2 Plot 2.1 Despicable Me 3 Gallery Gru comes from a long lineage of Gru's. He is very strong and athletic, being capable of dodging and leaping off several heat-seeking missiles (all going at the speed of sound), backhanding Vector's shark with a single punch (with the apparent force of a truck), and smashing his fist into Vector's monitor, easily cracking the screen without doing any damage to his hand. Home MakeoverPuppy They escape through some air vents and out to the main entrance (without Vector noticing) and return to the car. At first he showed a dislike of children being easily irritated by Agnes, Edith and Margo. Following this incident, Gru's over-protectiveness of his daughter leads him to make wild, baseless accusations about Eduardo being El Macho and his son, which are scoffed at by Ramsbottom. As Gru leaves the bank, he freezes Vector's head with his freeze ray. Gru hides behind some facilities and finds out Bratt decides to put the diamond into a giant robot he built; just then, Gru finds that Dru, who tried a piece of bubble gum, is having enlarging bubble gum from his nose and mouth and he tries to save his brother; Clive notices, and Bratt is surprised to see them both, as he laughs, Gru uses Heimlich maneuver to make the bubble gum spewed out to trap Bratt. When Gru finally gets to face Mr. Perkins, he asks for funding to build the rocket which is necessary for his plan to steal the moon. Despicable Me Felonious Gru - price list & price comparison for Despicable Me Felonious Gru - Shop Over 200 000 Halloween Costumes and Accesories Online at Super Low Prices Halloweenious.com They pass by the plane that the Minions built, and Mel decides to follow them. He is ruthless and grumpy. As a child he had always dreamed of going to the moon. Gru goes to Miss Hattie's Home for Girls, the orphanage Margo, Edith and Agnes are from, disguising as a dentist and adopts them. 7 (Minions) 12 (Minions: The Rise of Gru)50 (Despicable Me)51 (Despicable Me 2)52 (Despicable Me 3), Supervillain (formerly)Jelly manufacturer (formerly)Anti-Villain League agent (currently), Freeze RayShrink RayInflation GunFart GunZapp Lipstick TaserJelly GunFlamethrowerBig Blaster CannonLaser Gun, Dr. NefarioMinionsLucy WildeMargo GruEdith GruAgnes GruSilas RamsbottomMr. When Gru resists, she stuns him with her lipstick taser and forcibly abducts Gru. Gru came from a long lineage of Grus. Since the moon heist and an important ballet recital the girls fall on the same day, Gru wants to move the day of the heist. Additionally, during the meeting, Gru finds out from Mr. Perkins that it was Vector who stole the Pyramid of Giza. Then he apologizes to Dru for his attitude. Gru heads to the Bank of Evil to obtain a loan from Mr. Perkins, the bank's owner. When Gru finds El Macho, the latter threatens to launch Lucy into the volcano where he faked his death. At his home, he fine-tunes his plan to Mr. Perkins via a teleconference, but he is interrupted by the girls during his presentation. However, it has ended by the time he arrives. Gru is the employer of Dr. Nefario, an evil scientist who is responsible for mainly technology development, as well as his various minions who do much of his hard work. It was revealed in Despicable Me 2 in a deleted scene, that in elementary school nobody wanted to touch Gru, because they would get the Gruties. They travel to AVL's underwater headquarters where Gru meets the league's director, Silas Ramsbottom. While the rocket is being built, Gru has fun with the girls, having tea parties with them, allowing them to have a slumber party, telling them bedtime stories and cooking them various shaped pancakes. After Agnes prays to find the unicorn successfully, Gru goes in to the room and climbs up the ladder to reach her bed; at first, he tries to tell her that unicorns don't exist, but he changes his words not to break her heart. Slender, black gray jacket, striped scarf, bald (formerly black hair as a child), black pants, black shoes, long nose, brown eyebrows, blue eyes, Lucy, Margo, Edith, Agnes, Dru, Silas, Minions, Dr Negario, Vector, El Macho, Balthazar Bratt, Scarlet Overkill, Miss Hattie, "Next, we are going to steal--pause for effect--THE MOON!".