This is a combination of several fresh fig appetizer recipes. (Don't worry; it may look dry.) Fig jam, goat cheese, a slice of fresh fig on toast and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. And for those who need step-by-step instructions, she published the recipe on her Barefoot Contessa website. Note: I prefer fig spread, which has less sugar than fig jam or fig preserves, but of course you can use either. Maybe you are joining the fig fan club just a little. I can only imagine what an experience the cave with a table and chandelier would be like! Serve with fresh fruit, and crackers. i’ve been meaning to learn how to make jam. I also like fig jam with foie gras too! Baked Brie with Fig Jam, a deliciously easy appetizer recipe that is perfect for holiday entertaining! Another difference is the consistency of the jam. https://www.christinascucina.com/brie-and-fig-jam-appetizers-theyre-even Sprinkle lightly with sea … :). Yum! This Baked Brie with Fig Jam is gooey, sweet and salty all at the same time. Not only does this appetizer only require two ingredients, but it's also no-cook and no-effort.Hear me out: The two ingredients are goat cheese and fig preserves. This savory baked brie is wrapped in puff pastry with fig jam and a pecan-bacon-bourbon filling made with caramelized onions,… Whether you serve this warm-hug-in-a-casserole-dish for … I don’t even like figs and I love this jam. Ina Garten Shared Emily Blunt's Potato Recipe. Place a fig slice on each piece, top with a few microgreens, and drizzle lightly with the balsamic vinegar. Onion and fig jam with brie, prosciutto and roasted garlic on a crostini makes an impressive holiday appetizer for a crowd that's just as easy to make for 20 as it is for 50. This recipe spruces up the flavors of traditional crostini with my go-to, keep in my pantry for any emergency, fig preserves. Don't tell anyone, I make it sometimes just for myself. Yum," she wrote in the caption. So funny because I just had a brie and fig jam sandwich for lunch the other day at this amazing cheese place near me. What to buy: Fig jam can be purchased at high-end grocery stores. Use it on bread, in desserts, but my favorite way is with brie and crackers! This is a super easy appetizer, just warm the brie so that it’s soft and melty, about 10 to 15 minutes, then top with warmed fig jam and caramelized onions. — Christina’s 2020 Holiday Gift Guide — (Focus on Small Businesses) & an iSi Gourmet Whip Giveaway! Recipe link on barefootcontessa.com. Jump to Recipe. Allow to cool, then spread with a … :) CC, Your email address will not be published. If you're still antsy to see what great dishes will be included, Ina gave her followers a sneak peek of one of the easy appetizers that will be found inside the book, and it's a delightfully fresh fig and goat cheese toast. When the compote is ready, pour it into the jars. INTO THE JARS While the fig jam cooks, sterilize the jars into hot water. I was hesitant to even taste it the first time, but so glad I did! You and your guests will love it! We’re talking a whole wheel of brie wrapped in puff pastry and baked until golden and gooey. Ina Garten's twelfth cookbook is on its way, and she even pushed up the release date so it can be in our hands by October 6. Bring to room temperature, and assemble bruschetta just before serving. oh that fig jam… that cheese…. BUT fig is such a sweet, soft, fleshy fruit, I add a little less sugar for this fig jam. Hmmm…I don’t know, maybe just a teeny-tiny bit! Home » Appetizers » Baked Brie with Fig Jam. Freeze the goat cheese for a few minutes before slicing to create perfect rounds! Arrange figs in a circle, tops facing in, for a flower effect and this will be a lovely addition to a bridal shower menu! […] My neighbor gave me some of her homemade fig and citrus jam, a few months ago. hello, deliciousness! You'll need some country bread, fig spread, plain creamy cheese such as goat cheese or cream cheese, kosher salt, fresh ground pepper, fresh figs, microgreens, and thick balsamic vinegar. Fig jam, goat cheese, a slice of fresh fig on toast and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. Fig & Cheese Toasts. It's a simple recipe that is absolutely beautiful and impressive once served. I'm not sure how my mom and I first stumbled upon this glorious pairing, but we've been … Toast the baguette slices until golden and crisp. Cut each toast crosswise to make appetizers that will be easy to eat. Leftover jam is great on toast at breakfast. What an amazing combo of flavors. After Diner en Blanc I think I might keep the al fresco theme going and head up to a local mountain where there’s a cave suited with a picnic table and chandelier. Cover and bring to a full boil over medium heat. I was never a big fig fan myself, but when it’s paired with something rich and fatty like brie, it just works. The flavors of fresh figs, tangy goat cheese, salty almonds, sweet honey, and balsamic vinegar contrast to make these a delicious and very pretty appetizer. Slather some cooled fig jam on each crostini. combined…. Ina Garten Shared A Recipe From Her New Cookbook, What Ina Garten's Making For Valentine's Day. I love fig jam…I bet it is amazing on the brie. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, at their web site. 6 oz Brie cheese cut into 1/2 inch thickness by 1 1/2 inch round slices need 24 slices The sage can also be prepared a day ahead, loosely wrapped in a paper towel, and stored in an airtight container. You're awesome for doing it! Total Time: 12 minutes. Flavors of fall—sage and figs—pair up with tangy goat cheese for an elegant appetizer that’s a perfect match for a glass of bubbly. The dish comes together in under 20 minutes, and the resulting creaminess of the goat cheese is to die for. I love figs at this time of the year and pairing them with brie just makes it sound so much better! A post … 5 from 4 votes. Baked Brie with Fig Jam and Caramelized Onions is on deck today and can easily be the most impressive yet easy appetizer you serve for your family this Thanksgiving or holiday season! If the goat cheese isn’t softened, place it in the microwave for 10-15 seconds until it’s creamy and spreadable. Our New Cookie Tins Are The Sweetest Gift, You Can Buy Baby Yoda Macarons At Williams Sonoma. I loved that post! Arrange figs in a circle, tops facing in, for a flower effect and this will be a lovely addition to a bridal shower menu or any formal event. Let simmer fig jam until reach a creamy jam (about 45 minutes). #cookswithcocktails #appetizer #crostini #holidayappetizer #partyfood #partyappetizer That’s the magic ratio that usually works for me. I like orange fig jam on top of brie and crackers, but you can use it anyway you like to use any other jam: on bread or toast, in yogurt, with […]. Required fields are marked *. Warm, baked goat cheese is an incredibly easy and delicious appetizer when combined with dollops of fig jam and toasted pecans. Warmed brie with caramelized onions and fig jam, Stuffed Shells (Italian Recipe with Ricotta and Spinach). Prepare the fig jam for this savory-meets-sweet appetizer up to three days in advance, and store in the refrigerator. YUM! Did Chrissy Teigen Just Throw Ina Garten Shade in Her Cookbook? So curious now to try that fig jam! This content is imported from Instagram. Dundee Cake (Scottish Cake with Almonds on Top), 12 crackers, like water crackers, nothing with lots of strong flavors.