1/2 cup Kalamata olives, halved . You could use fresh, chopped tomatoes in place of the sun dried tomatoes! Boil lentils in veggie broth with bay leaf until tender, … Salads. What do I need ? Next time I'll just stew some lentils and dill as a side to the Greek salad. This is such a hearty salad that it is really like a main dish, and it is a delectable combination of flavours. To prepare this Greek style lentil salad recipe with feta cheese, start by cooking the lentils. It's really just a case of simmering the lentils for 30 minutes (a hands-off job), then you can prepare the tomatoes, … More Recipes You Might Like. May be kept, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. And always make sure to chop your fennel bulb in a fine mince. While the lentils are cooking, prepare the lemon garlic dressing. I didn't use onion added some bell pepper and used olive oil vinegar salt and pepper instead of Greek dressing. Amount is based on available nutrient data. If you’ve been following me, you know that I have been on the hunt for meatless meals that both taste great and are satisfying. Greek lentil salad. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. This healthy, vegetable packed salad is so delicious! Cleanup involves simply throwing away the bag . Very inspiring. Also have used fresh dill green onion...this is a really versatile recipe. We just LOVE salads and we hope you do too. Serves 4 . Select All. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. 2 cups of cooked black lentils . Congrats! Dressing keeps, covered in the fridge, for up to 5 days. Made with lentils, fennel and traditional Greek salad ingredients, this delicious salad is oh-so-easy to make. If cooking your own lentils, put these on first and assemble recipe, adding cooked lentils last. It’s perfect as a main course and lasts a few days in the refrigerator. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Do, though, remember to save, chop and add at least a tablespoon of the fennel fronds from the tops of the green stalks coming out of the bulb. Brilliant. In the … Lentils, Quinoa, Veggies in a tangy lemon dressing. Greek Lentil Salad. Place the lentils in a colander and rinse them thoroughly under running water. Wonderful salad! Greek lentil salad, melissa's produce steamed lentils, Olympian fire roasted red peppers. Greek Lentil Salad! Mix all dressing ingredients together and set aside. Great recipe. Dice up the red bell peppers, the cucumber, and the red onion. I made this while we were on vacation and ate it at almost every meal. 1/2 cup olive oil . Their fire roasted peppers are straight from Greece, no sugar/sweeteners or preservatives and they are splendid. 1tsp oregano. Pour in 1/2 of the salad dressing, and stir to coat. How to Make Greek Lentil Salad Rinse lentils in a fine mesh sieve. Info. Or by one of the 4,834 other recipes Gastronomixs has to offer. It sounded delicious and I wanted to have it too (even though I am not on a Greek … 16 servings / 15 min. Toss ingredients to combine. So much more than a simple salad, this complex (to taste, not prepare :)), layered, amazing combination of flavors takes the humble lentil to incredible heights! A twist on the classic Greek salad, combines Lemnos Traditional Fetta, lentils, herbs, tomato and cucumber. 1 large can (540ml) of cooked lentils; 1 container (2-3 cups) of cherry tomatoes (I got the mixed colors cuz they pretty!) **lentil cooking directions – boil 1/3 cup dry lentil beans in 2 cups of water, cover tightly and cook for approx 20 minutes or until tender. Ingredients:-1 cup dried lentils-1 large garlic clove, chopped-1 tsp salt-2 cups diced tomatoes (fresh tomatoes)-4 large scallions, thinly sliced-1/2 cup chopped artichokes-1/4 cup chopped fresh dill This Veggie Greek Lentil Salad features several of my latest farmer’s market finds, including dino/Tuscan kale, yellow cucumbers and heirloom grape tomatoes. If you do make this finely chop the vegetables to make it easier to eat. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. In a large bowl, add Spring Mix, cooked lentils, roasted red peppers, olives, onion, and feta cheese. Drain the lentils in a colander and rinse briefly with cool water until they are cooled. Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 25 to 30 minutes, or until lentils are tender. Prep 15 min / Cook 0 min. Want to mention that fennel is an important ingredient in this recipe. I'd recommend Ken's Healthy Options Olive Oil and Vinegar or one of the other higher end dressings. Place in … If you’re a fan of traditional Greek salad, you’ll LOVE this high-fiber, high-protein version featuring super-nutritious lentils. Pour in 1/2 of the salad dressing, and stir to coat. Combine lentils and water in a medium pot and bring to boil over medium-high heat. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. I don’ have sun-dried tomato with hair like foto… How could I make the recipe?? Greek lentil salad Greek lentil salad The lentils add a delicious twist to this Greek salad. Set aside. If you’re a fan of traditional Greek salads, you’ll love the Looneyspoons' high-fibre, high-protein version featuring super-nutritious lentils! Salad: 4 cups spinach, chopped . Mix your dressing in the bag first, add your lentils, herbs and veggies as you go. I recommend using the white bulb part and not the thin, green stalks on top. For most brown lentils, bring 3 cups of water to boil in a pot, add the lentils, then continue to boil for 20 minutes, or until the lentils are tender. Eating healthy and right is important for us but equally important is to enjoy our food. I think next time I would put more of the vegetables and less of the lentils as they don't have much taste. Making your own dressing cuts down on unnecessary sugar and sodium and ensures. Variations are easy. Take a look now! Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Twitter. It travels well and doesn’t need to be refrigerated if it’s only going to be out a few hours or so. For the roasted red peppers, my go-to jar brand is Olympiana. Recently my friend Monica raved about a lentil salad she had on the island. You saved Greek Lentil Salad to your. Also you can make the onions a bit tender by letting them soak in the vinaigrette for 30 minutes before adding them to the salad. This was the top recipe that came up in my feta/kidney bean search. It gives the flavors a chance to come together as a unit before adding to the whole salad. This Calamari with Greek Lentil Salad is a #HubSquad submission from one of our lovely members Laura Hartsuiker!We’ve added the nutritional content and suggested increasing the portion of calamari to make it equal to 1 serve of protein per person. Pour the … Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Add feta cheese, cucumber, tomato, and red onion. Ingredients. Plenty of good brands to chose from though if you can’t find Olypiana. Vegan & Gluten-Free. Beans Recipes. Cook pasta until al dente according to package instructions. This salad was awsome!! And most antipasto bars in the grocery store will also have them on hand. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour. This lentil salad is loaded with Greek flavors and has it all! © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition Greek Lentil Salad adapted from Gourmet August 2005. I don't know what lentils are either so I used kidney beans. I leave the vegetables and lentils in one container, the feta in another and the dressing out on the counter. This was a great salad and great for my first attempt at using lentils. Lentils, Quinoa, Veggies in a tangy lemon dressing. - Delicious & Easy Recipes. With protein-packed lentils, tomatoes, feta, cucumbers and mint, this easy-to-make salad will be on repeat this summer! I have remade this lentil dish and find that like most greek food it is even lovelier the next day.-Hanne. 298 calories; protein 12.9g 26% DV; carbohydrates 27.1g 9% DV; fat 15.8g 24% DV; cholesterol 22.3mg 7% DV; sodium 1054mg 42% DV. … Dressing: 2T tahini . This healthy, vegetable packed salad is so delicious! Strain lentils and place in a large bowl. Lentils . I also forgot to get "greek" dressing so I used 2/3 cup Italian and 1/3 cup lemon juice. This is a delicious salad or side dish that may be kept for up to 3 days in the refrigerator, if covered. There’s a whole lot going on in this rustic, traditional dish and you’ll love every bite of it . Combine everything with a few good shakes and set aside or serve immediately. Turned out great and we had a ton! serving count. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. And if you want to make this as mess free as possible, use a gallon size ziploc bag instead of a bowl. I love the flavor and texture and, of course, how healthy it is. If you are not a lentils fan, don’t be put off – the lentils lend themselves well to the zing and tang of the other ingredients. Greek Lentil Salad. This salad … Email. 5 Add desired amount of dressing and toss to evenly coat. I love lentils but had not found a "wow" recipe in which to use them until this one. All Rights Reserved. That fine dice brings all the layers of flavor in each mouthful. Original recipe yields 6 Servings. Just moisten with additional salad dressing when ready to use. They’re the star of this show so let’s keep the supporting players in check. And maybe use a mix of grains instead of just the lentils. Vegan & Gluten-Free. Greek Lentil Feta Salad is so bright and colorful! Little bitty pieces are what we’re aiming for here. This Greek Lentil Salad is a must-make for a healthy, light dinner or an easy side dish! Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Of course, always feel free to roast your own too! Serves 3-4 . Prep : 20 Min Cook: 1 Hr . Oh, this is a good one: use the oil that your sun-dried tomatoes are packed in to add even another layer of flavor goodness here. Drain and rinse the can of lentils and pour them into a medium-sized bowl. This salad was alright. Combine all salad ingredients with lentils, gently mix well. Greek Lentil Salad . Think earthy, hearty lentils with smoky roasted peppers and sun-dried tomatoes with bright pops of lemon, red wine vinegar and fresh mint mixed with salty olives, peppery red onions and crisp fennel. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop cooking. Serves 4-6, Time: 55 mins. Keep in mind the size of your lentils. © 2020 The Greek Vegan. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Ingredients. Hearty lentils, loads of herbs, and a delicious vinaigrette all in one dish. Tags: Greek, Lentils, Gluten-Free, Vegetarian. I didn't have greek dressing so I used the oil/dressing that came with the feta. Adding lentils is a good idea to make a Greek salad more filling but the texture of the lentils did not fit with the tomato and cucumber. ½ (16 ounce) bottle Greek, or other vinaigrette salad dressing. Drain … This healthy wholesome Greek Lentil Jar Salad is perfect for meal prep lunches or a quick dinner, loaded with protein-rich lentils, lots of crunchy veggies, creamy feta cheese, and a tangy dijon vinaigrette. I've made it several times since and will say that the choice of dressing really makes a difference. 1/2 red onion, diced . I also added olives and green onions and used as a dip with pita triangles. You can set the finished salad aside, covered in the fridge, for up to 3 days or serve immediately with crusty bread . Lentils are a great way to add plant-based protein and extra fiber to any salad. Ingredients. Same with the garlic that go into your dressing: itsy bitsy pieces. Share Facebook. This lentil salad is loaded with Greek flavors and has it all! Lentils are a great way to add plant-based protein and extra fiber to any salad. traditional Greek lentil salad So much more than a simple salad, this complex (to taste, not prepare :)), layered, amazing combination of flavors takes the humble lentil to incredible heights! Anyone with a pulse should make it! Greek Lentil Salad. 3T lemon juice . Put lentils, red onion, bay leaves, and 6 cups water in large saucepan; bring to a boil. Authentic, Traditional Greek Vegan Recipes, Greek Lentil Salad | The Greek Vegan - Sweet As! Greek Lentil Salad. Strain, remove red onion and bay leaves, and cool. It tastes even better the next day! Print. Bring extra though, people tend to want a taste. Think earthy, hearty lentils with smoky roasted peppers and sun-dried tomatoes with bright pops of lemon, red wine vinegar and fresh mint mixed with salty olives, peppery red onions and crisp fennel. Hearty lentils, loads of herbs, and a delicious vinaigrette all in one dish. Throw them into the bowl. Truth be told, I use the tomato oil for all sorts of things – never waste deliciously flavored oil! 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved . Get inspired by this Greek lentil salad recipe! The freshness of fennel adds a lovely pop. Greek Lentil Salad. https://www.mediterrasian.com/delicious_recipes_greek_lentil_salad.htm 6 Servings. This salad is inspired by a lentil salad offered in various seaside places in Mykonos and other islands. Otherwise, begin with your dressing. Strain lentils and place in a large bowl. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. Place in the refrigerator while preparing other vegetables. Stir in remaining dressing when ready to serve. Salt and pepper to taste And, basically, Greek lentil salad is perfect any time of day and I especially love it for lunch. 1/2-1 cup of feta cheese in small cubes; 1 cup of black olives (I buy the sliced ones because I have no patience to cut olives…) A handful of fresh parsley I did add some bell peppers and just used olive oil vinegar salt and pepper for the "dressing". With just a few simple ingredients, this Greek lentil salad is incredibly easy to make. Yield 4-6 Prep Time 10 minutes Either way, it’s going to be delicious! This recipe looks and tastes great! I always make the dressing first. 0 Review(s) 1 Hr 20 Min . I am so addicted to this stuff! Or look up a recipe for oven dried tomatoes , […] Greek Lentil Salad | The Greek Vegan thegreekvegan.com/greek-lentil-salad/ […]. Greek Lentil Salad does take a little work, but it is SO worth it. Explore. Add dressing, mix to combine completely. Food And Drink. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. 2. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and toss them into the bowl. I couldn't find canned lentils so I used a bag of dried lentils, cooked for 1/2 hr. Veggie Greek Lentil Salad. Using the bag of lentils we had eight cups of salad! **scroll down to end for lentil cooking directions. To cook the lentils: First, pick through the lentils and remove any debris (like tiny rocks). Greek Lentil Salad!