Prepare a 9″ square baking dish by lightly greasing and lining with parchment. Sprinkle with the reserved oat topping. Bring to a boil over high heat. Other than that they also taste pretty good too. Info. Tasteful theme by Restored 316, Copyright © Mom Endeavors | Logo by NW Designs | Website Design by DIY BLOG DESIGNS. Add vanilla to melted butter and mix into dry ingredients until a crumbly mixture if formed. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/oatmeal-apricot-squares Pour over crust, using a rubber spatula to evenly distribute and press down. ... cups dried apricots, chopped (about 15 to 16 ounces) 4 . They LOVED and PREFERRED the apricot-oatmeal cookies much better than the regular chocolotae chip ones! Spread evenly over partially baked crust. Printer Friendly Version. Spread 1½ packed cups of oat mixture over the bottom of the pan, pressing to form a thin crust. I used an 8 x 8 pan but cooked them for 40 minutes at 350 degrees to allow for the thicker bar. Cooking Instructions. i added walnuts to the top and served with vanilla ice cream. Ingredients: 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut up 2 teaspoons soft butter for greasing pan 1 cup firmly packed I saw a review before recommending keeping the apricot preserves from extending to the edge where they can stick and burn so I stay about half an inch from the edge. https://mindovermunch.com/recipes/healthy-oatmeal-breakfast-bars A gooey apricot center is sandwiched between a shortbread bottom, and crumbly topping that is Grain-Free, Paleo, and Vegan. Save some of the water to dissolve the sugar in and then add the softened chopped apricots to the sugar mixture. Print . Easy to customize with fresh or dried fruit and nuts, these bars … this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. This easy oatmeal recipe cooks in just 5 minutes. i will definitely make again maybe next time with a reduced sugar apricot preserves- it was a little too sweet for me and i don't think i would miss anything. I’m a big fan of oatmeal bars because they come together quickly and are quite versatile. ; Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 40 minutes Servings: 18 Pack these bars in your backpack for a midday treat. baking soda 1/2 tsp. 3 1 ⁄ 2. cups quick-cooking oats. I tried using the larger size the first time but some bars were too skinny and I couldn't make it all the way to the edge of the pan with the crumb mixture. Apricot Oatmeal Bars. My mom gave this recipe to me and these little things are amazing. 1 (13-oz) jar apricot jam or preserves (about 1 1/4 cups) 8 dried apricots, chopped into 1/4-inch pieces (about 1/3 cup) Crust. 4 Scoop cookies onto baking sheets—for large cookies, each should measure 4 ounces, or about ½ cup dough, which means only about 4 cookies per sheet. These look so good. Combine remaining dry ingredients with flour and baking soda and mix well. In a medium saucepan, bring the water and apricots to a boil, covered, over medium-high heat, 5 to 6 minutes. Advertisement. Stir in oats; return to boil. I’m happy I can make some apricot oatmeal bars again without feeling ridiculously guilty. cinnamon 1/2 … Healthy Cranberry Apricot Bars are little portable fruit crisps that you can tuck into your lunch box, but with double the glorious streusel topping. I’ve never been able to find apricots on the East coast like they grow in California. I will definitely be making these again and maybe next time I will try substituting strawberry preserves for the apricot. I recommend an 8 by 8 or 9 by 9 pan. I do personally love the dried apricots in these bars in the summer, as the blend of apricot and coconut yields a refreshing taste. bag of the dried apricots, which ended up being about 2 cups when diced. In a mixing bowl, combine the softened butter, brown sugar, baking soda, oats and flour using a fork … Cool completely in pan on wire rack. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/apricot-bars-with-dried-apricots bvseo_sdk, java_sdk, bvseo-4.0.0; CLOUD, getAggregateRating, 108ms; REVIEWS, PRODUCT ; bvseo-msg: The resource to the URL or file is currently unavailable. Preheat oven 180 degrees (160 degrees fan forced). Offers may be subject to change without notice. I don’t lie folks. cups flour. These Apricot Oatmeal Bars make a great healthy breakfast, snack or dessert. Recipe PDF Vegan, gluten-free, soy-free Yield: 8 - 10 bars Prep Time: 15 min Cook Time: 3 0 min Total Time: 45 min INGREDIENTS ½ cup (55 g) raw pecans ⅔ cup (125 g) dried apricots. pinch of salt Press a little more than half of this crumb mixture into bottom of jelly roll pan that has been very lightly greased and floured. Oatmeal Peanut Butter Energy Bars These bars made with oatmeal, brown rice cereal and dried fruit are the perfect combination of salty, sweet and crunchy, and make a healthy on-the-go snack. Quick and tasty I used a 7x11 pan which was the perfect size and water instead of juice and raspberry preserves instead of apricot but it still turned out excellent. Spray a 9-by-13-by-2-inch metal baking dish with vegetable oil cooking spray. LIKE EVER! A wholesome homemade protein bar recipe that’s nut free, vegan, and naturally sweetened! These apricot oat crumble bars are a delicious sweet treat! We love pecans and dried cherries, but almonds and dried cranberries or walnuts and dried apples or blueberries are also great. In a large mixing bowl, combine together the apricots, ginger, oats, flour, salt and cinnamon. In a mixer, beat together the butter and brown sugar until well combined, about 1 minute. Speaking of the fresh pineapple, I cut one up, threw it in the food processor, and then wrung it and drained it in some cheesecloth to get most of the liquid out. Made with unsweetened apricot preserves, they are a good source of potassium and beta carotene. Whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, oats, apricots and sunflower seeds. All Right Reserved. I never buy apricots either but I really should! And watch videos demonstrating recipe prep and cooking techniques. Your email address will not be published. https://www.justapinch.com/recipes/dessert/cookies/apricot-oatmeal-bars.html Mixture should be loose but not dry. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. https://www.rosannadavisonnutrition.com/oaty-apricot-breakfast-bars 5 star values: 1 4 star values: 1 ... ¾ cup snipped dried … There is no flour or sugar in these granola bars either, and they are packed with protein! Store at room temperature in an airtight container. Add remaining 1/2 cup ground almonds to reserved oat mixture; mix well. Breakfast can often be the most difficult meal of the day. Combine water, oats and cinnamon in a small saucepan. I used to make Pioneer Woman’s apricot oatmeal bars which are totally not healthy. 2 . These little vegan apricot oat bars are heavenly. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, and cook, stirring constantly, until the … Vegetable oil cooking spray. Reduce heat to medium; cook about 1 minute for quick oats (or 5 minutes for old fashioned oats) or until most of liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally Remove from heat. ¾ tsp fine sea salt. These nutrient-dense oat bars are packed with dried fruit, cherries, blueberries, and papaya, as well as nuts, and flaxseed. Using a spatula, press mixture very firmly into prepared pan. Our most trusted Oatmeal Bars Healthy With Dried Fruit recipes. You are going to love how easy and delicious these are. Oatmeal bars are the solution to that problem. Step 5. Cook, uncovered, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Get Apricot Oat Bars Recipe from Food Network You can also find 1000s of Food Network's best recipes from top chefs, shows and experts. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon powdered sugar. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. I substitute apple cider for the apple juice. Healthy baked oatmeal bars are naturally-sweetened and maple flavored for a delicious and filling breakfast recipe. favorite store-bought apricot preserves variety is this one. teaspoons baking soda. Apricot Shortbread Bars. Mix until well blended. 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour. Coat an 8-by-12-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. Next mix rolled oats with margarine, flour, baking soda, salt, and brown sugar, using your hands. Healthy Apricot, Date Oat Bars In The Lyons Den slivered almonds, apricots, ground cinnamon, dates, vanilla extract and 2 more Apricot Ricotta Oat Bars East Of Eden Cooking brown sugar, fine grain sea salt, oat flour, oat flour, quick-cooking oats and 14 more Grease 16 x 25 cm (base) slice pan. They are uniform in the smaller size. My husband is loving granola bars right now. Sweet, salty, chewy, and dense! Wonderful taste easy to make and most of the ingredients I already had on hand. Add the melted … 21 Essential Baking Tools Every Home Cook Needs (Plus 16 That Are Nice to Have) If you’re a beginner baker who’s just starting out (or a master chef looking to declutter), start with this list of baking tool must-haves. Printer-friendly version . Add the vanilla and the melted bu tter. And there's no refined sugar, they're sweetened with pureed dates and honey -- and just right for a snack or breakfast on the go. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until light golden brown. Recipe notes: healthy baked oatmeal bars. so easy very delicious. In my oven they needed the full 9 minutes to bake. Bake until golden, 30 to 40 minutes. Let cool in the baking dish on a rack. https://amyshealthybaking.com/blog/2014/03/03/apricot-oatmeal-cookies 4 . August 5, 2020. Two nutty layers of cinnamon almond-scented dough wrapped around a bright cranberry apricot filling, Healthy Cranberry Apricot Bars are tasty mash up of a traditional buttery crumble bar and your favorite fruit cereal bar. So for years, my good friend makes these amazing layered oatmeal apricot bars that everyone goes absolutely bonkers over. These three-layer Apricot Bars make the perfect healthy treat! Press half of the mixture into a … Great recipe - I use parchment paper so the bars come out easily. Preheat oven to 350°F Prepare 9x11 glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Swiss and salami have had their day. 1 ⁄ 2. teaspoon salt. lol. DIRECTIONS. These Cashew-Apricot Bars Have Just 181 Calories ... Pour cashew butter mixture over oat mixture; stir until well combined. First, I wanted you to know that this homemade protein bar recipe, is in fact, one of our FAVORITES. cups packed light brown sugar. In a mixing bowl, combine the softened butter, brown sugar, baking soda, oats and flour using a fork & knife or a pastry cutter. Stir in the flour mixture until just combined. 164 calories; protein 1.6g 3% DV; carbohydrates 30.9g 10% DV; dietary fiber 0.8g 3% DV; sugars 20.5g; fat 4.2g 7% DV; saturated fat 0.3g 1% DV; cholesterol 0mg; vitamin a iu 0IU; vitamin c 0mg; folate 0mcg; calcium 7.1mg 1% DV; iron 0.7mg 4% DV; magnesium 1.8mg 1% DV; potassium 11.3mg; sodium 48.2mg 2% DV; thiamin 0.1mg 5% DV. Step 1 Place 1/2 cup of brown sugar into a saucepan along with the dates and apricots; pour in the apricot nectar. 1 (10 ounce) jar 1 10-ounce jar apricot preserves, preferably "all-fruit" (1 scant cup), © 2020 EatingWell.com is part of the Allrecipes Food Group. These pretty streusel-topped bars are quick to make and easy to transport. MICROWAVE APRICOT OATMEAL BARS : 1/2 c. chopped dried apricots 1 egg 1/2 c. cooking oil 1/2 c. quick oatmeal 1/2 c. whole wheat or all-purpose flour 1/3 c. water 1 tsp. Sprinkle the remaining crumble topping over the top of the preserves. Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our, Trader Joe’s Just Spilled Details About 9 Products Coming to Stores This Holiday Season, Hot Cocoa “Charcuterie” Boards Are Our Favorite New Holiday Trend, Nutrition Drooling over these bars you guys, absolutely obsessed!! Aug 1, 2018 - Dried apricots are so flavorful, so nutritious and bright & colorful. ¾ tsp baking soda. Learn how to ace hot chocolate charcuterie boards! Work together oats, flour, brown sugar, salt and baking soda with your fingertips in a large bowl until no lumps of brown sugar remain. 10 Ingredients or … cinnamon 1/2 tsp. But, traditional oatmeal raisin granola bars — like these school-approved Healthy Chewy Granola Bars (Nut-Free) — are delicious in their own right. Go to town on the nut and dried fruit mix-ins! Enjoy these amazing dried apricot recipes. Jun 19, 2020 - Apricot Oatmeal Crumble Bars – Mom Endeavors #GoodAndHealthyFood https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/spiced-apricot-baked-oatmeal Truly! Store tightly covered. Cut into bars. cloves Powdered sugar, if desired. And I will FOR SURE explain on that “functionality” in a minute. Healthy Oat and Apricot Granola Bars: Inspired by Ottolenghi. Such a treat to our taste buds, and even my young grandson likes them because they turned out … Preheat oven to 325?F. 1 cup (90 g) old-fashioned rolled oats (GF if desired) ½ cup (95 g) almond flour* ½ tsp cinnamon. You know you want something nutritious to fuel your body in the morning, but it’s nearly impossible to find the time to eat a healthy meal before everyone rushes to get their day started. In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, salt and baking soda. 5 Recipe's preparation. Drop by 1/4 teaspoonfuls evenly over apricot mixture. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/spiced-apricot-baked-oatmeal https://www.marthastewart.com/338535/oatmeal-apricot-cookies Measure out 2 cups of the oat mixture and gently press into the bottom of the baking dish. Made with fiber-rich rolled oats, heart-healthy sliced almonds, and naturally sweet dried cranberries, these bars will help fill you up and please your taste buds. Nut free, vegan, and gluten free! No Bake Apricot Oat Protein Bars are easy to make with turkish apricots, gluten free oats, protein, and seeds! Beat in the eggs and vanilla. These pretty streusel-topped bars are quick to make and easy to transport. So, the moral of the story is that this granola bar recipe … Apricot Ginger Oatmeal Bars. https://amyshealthybaking.com/blog/2014/03/03/apricot-oatmeal-cookies By using chopped apricots that have been softened, you get more texture to the bar then if you just used jam. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Just wow. Example of healthy snacks include No-Bake Apricot Almond Coconut Energy Bars, a homemade mix of dried fruit and nuts (or Nut Fusion from Made in Nature), raw veggies and hummus, apple slices spread with almond butter, a yogurt parfait made with fresh berries or a smoothie. Healthy Apricot, Date Oat Bars In The Lyons Den slivered almonds, apricots, ground cinnamon, dates, vanilla extract and 2 more Apricot Ricotta Oat Bars East Of Eden Cooking Rating: 3.33 stars 3 Ratings. There’s wiggle room on … 1/2 c. chopped dried apricots 1 egg 1/2 c. cooking oil 1/2 c. quick oatmeal 1/2 c. whole wheat or all-purpose flour 1/3 c. water 1 tsp. Home > Recipes > Cookies > Microwave Apricot Oatmeal Bars. Made with unsweetened apricot preserves, they are a good source of potassium and beta carotene. They've got a crunchy, semi-sweet, cookie-like crust, then a layer of the most luxurious apricot jam, and finished with a crispy, … I was actually in shock when my husband told me it was his favorite too! Apricots are a rarely used ingredient so add a little flash to your entertaining recipes. My oh my! In a separate mixing bowl, stir together the flour, starch, oats, and brown sugar.