"The best way to see results on a wash-and-go style is to truly penetrate the strands with the products. How I Keep My Wash and Go Soft and Moisturized, The wash and go is my staple style and a popular style among naturals. I searched the interwebs and stumbled upon Wash + Go’s. Don’t disturb the curl. I know that water is the #1 moisturizer and I often feel I am making up for lost time when I thought water was the enemy. I refresh my hair almost daily with water bottles, like Curl Keeper H2O Water Bottle, and every few days refresh with some water and conditioner in the shower. You can also band the hair in order to stretch it. [products category= “leave-in-conditioners”]. When wearing wash and go’s as an easy style for busy routines and active lifestyles, it can be helpful to know how to keep this style up for 5-7 days until wash day comes around again. With your fingertips or a shampoo brush, gently massage a creamy cleanser (no sulfates, no suds) … Here are some tips to help guide you: 1. Well, my hair is soft and moisturized 90% of the time. Shampoo. Sign up for our newsletter to get more tips and tricks, A photo posted by Seriously Natural (@seriouslynatural) on Jul 9, 2016 at 4:12pm PDT. Use a t-shirt or the Aquis Rapid Dry Lisse Hair Turban, which has a waffle weave, to absorb moisture without rubbing. Allow to Air Dry. Even during the fall and winter months, wash and go’s are the go to style for many naturals. This step will be... 4. To me, it is the simplest style to rock, because there is no wrong way to rock your own curls. Just wash, moisturize, and go! This is the easiest style but can be difficult if you have two-textured hair. It is loved and hated because the term suggests one simply washes and goes, but that is not entirely true for all women. If you want to … There may be some women who simply just wash their hair and go, but the majority of us need to wash, add conditioner, plop hair, and add styler. Both of these amazing products up my moisture game while also fending off the damage regular shampooing does to my strands. My hair is hardly ever dry unless I neglect it for a few days. Heads up: You'll want to kick off the first day of your wash-and-go routine with clean hair. The idea behind the wash and go is to wear your curls, coils, and waves in their natural state. Wash Day (Adowa Beauty) Wash Day (Kinky Curly) Wash Day (Shea Moisture) Vlogs (March Week 3) Vlogs (April Week 3) Vlogs (April Week 4) Summer Fall Rapid Wash and Go 4C Soak your hair completely with water. To me, it is the simplest style to rock, because there is no wrong way to rock your own curls. Forms a loose “S” very easily straightened, Forms a definite “S” shaped like a corkscrew, Very tight curl when stretched creates an “S”, Hair intentionally matted to form "ropes", Guides and resources for easy product selection, Learn how to read your hair product labels, Easy-to-make recipes for all your haircare needs, Community member favorites make up this coveted list, Chat with curl friends about your favorite curly topics. Considering how far this stuff will go, it is pretty inexpensive. I refresh my wash n’ go’s every 3 or 4 days in between my actual wash days. What is your go-to, weekly hair routine? After I saturate my hair with water in the shower (I have high porosity hair so that is quick for me), I section my hair into four parts and add my botanical conditioner in my hand with a few pumps from SheaMoisture Reconstructive Finishing Elixir before applying to a section of hair. After a few days my curls can become very dry and undefined but I don’t always have the time to wash my hair or restyle it by twisting or braiding. Avoid shampoos with oil or butter within the first 5 ingredients. I seal in the moisture with my condish mix below. … I also use excellent deep conditioners. For this step, many naturals employ the use of the “Pineapple” method for this step (throwing the hair up into a loose pony at the top of your head in order to provide stretch), just as The London Curls does in the following video.You can also do a “modified” Pineapple method by doing a loose low pony or even two or three ponytails: switch up the method however you need in order to fit your hair texture/length. I say it is well worth the extra effort. When wearing a wash and go, it’s important to moisturize your hair daily. This style can cause damage if you do not moisturize properly, but I have perfected my moisturizing regimen, so that my strands are hardly ever dry. That is just one variation of the wash and go and there are several others along with a number of products women swear by for the best results.Â, A photo posted by Seriously Natural (@seriouslynatural), SheaMoisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Hair Masque, Curl Junkie Curl Rehab Moisturizing Hair Treatment, Hot Head Deep Conditioning Microwavable Heat Cap. Required fields are marked *. Guess what? Moisture is key. I may live in dry Denver, but you would never know it by my hair. This style can cause damage if you do not moisturize properly, but I have perfected my moisturizing … Cantu For Natural Hair Moisturizing Curl Activator Cream. If you are styling … If we go back to when I was relaxed, I was under the impression that water was bad for my hair, as many women with relaxed hair have been led to believe. Your natural hair needs oil, a reasonable quantity of it to properly moisturize your hair. And I was like, wait a minute...So, all you have to do is wash your hair and go … Use these tips to wake up to beautiful curls in the morning: Add Moisture if Needed. Throughout the day, it will be tempting to play with your curls but if you want your style to… Perfecting the art of the wash-and-go is essential when it comes to fine-tuning your natural hair routine, and the first step is curating an arsenal of superstar products best suited for you and your … Oil your scalp. Apply shampoo directly to you your scalp. This is how I refresh my old wash and go’s! Participate in product testing surveys discussions etc. Wash N Go. Reducing the amount of times you wash your hair in a given … Your email address will not be published. Wring hair with your hands first and then place the dry cloth over top… You can help replenish this loss by using a deep moisturizing shampoo and conditioner, along with a leave-in moisturizing spray. Yes I maintain my wash n gos for a while :) I will be re washing my hair tomorrow. After you apply your leave-in conditioner, you want to follow up with your oil of choice. A wash and go is when you wash your hair, apply moisturizer and/or styling products, and allow the hair to dry naturally or shrink without stretching. Here are some tips to help guide you: 1. My favorites are SheaMoisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Hair Masque or Curl Junkie Curl Rehab Moisturizing Hair Treatment. Refreshing wash n’ go’s takes less time (less than co-washing) and less manipulation. You really don’t need anything special to make this body wash … We have two step-by-step routines for natural hair: the wash-and-go (imagine looser, more varied spirals) and the twist-out (like the tighter, more symmetrical curls you see here). Do not apply daily. In my opinion it also adds back the moisture … Your email address will not be published. If you are anything like me you when I first went natural, then you are probably lost. As a solution I refresh my current wash and go … Panthenol adds a boost of … 1. Not only is this style fairly easy to execute (depending on your routine) but it showcases the beauty of your natural curl pattern and can be modified into other styles as well. Don’t skip the leave-in. Apply a leave-in condition all over hair. If you want to have more elongated curls, try not to over-wet the hair during this step, as this will lead to reversion. When your wash and go doesn’t come out the way you pictured it the first time, there are four rules summarized from sci-fi writer Octavia E. Butler’s essay “Furor Scribendi” that can apply to most things … Now you know that butter and oils … Making this DIY moisturizing body wash for dry skin is incredibly easy and you can choose your favorite scents to add. 2. Use both hands to emulsify and massage the product into your strands," Redway advises… If you guys are wondering this is day 8 hair! This is my tweaked version of the Curly Girl Method (CGM). The idea behind the wash and go is to wear your curls, coils, and waves in their natural state. Just remember to utilize your satin scarf and/or pillowcase to keep your curls from drying out or frizzing. This step will be different for every head of hair, but spritzing with water and applying a leave-in conditioner or oil such as coconut oil will certainly add and keep moisture in your hair. I starved my hair as a result, but I have learned the error of my ways and these days cannot get enough water into my strands. The best way to avoid matted hair and damage while rocking wash n go’s is by implementing a basic night time routine. Deep condition and seal well – When you do a wash and go it is important to have a great foundation, so if you plan to wear one for the week, deep condition your hair with something moisture based, condition and seal … It is made of Shea butter, argan oil, vegetable squalene, carrot oil, and macadamia nut oil as the first five ingredients and I love how well it works in a cocktail. I slather it on after I wash and rinse my hair and when I say slather, I mean slather it on! I use loads of moisturizer and Eco styler on damp toweled dried hair. The final step is allowing your hair to air dry which is difficult for those with hand-in … After deep conditioning, you can opt to put some regular conditioner back in … If the multiple textures are a concern, then you can curl your ends at night and go … Have a consistent night routine. Use your fingers to massage your scalp and rinse thoroughly. Saturate the roots to the ends with a blend that also includes super-conditioning Coconut Milk and Plant Peptides in a moisture-rich formula that aligns strands for easy styling. Think that’s too much? I learned this trick from my natural-haired sister and she got it from a stylist a few years ago. I leave conditioner in my hair, and while the CGM keeps my hair well moisturized, I have high porosity hair and the added elixir helps to keep the moisture sealed in. I do that for all sections and leave the shower. Begin to shampoo your hair. You shouldn't apply anything to your hair daily unless it's water. If your hair feels like it needs moisture … In my experience, it is important to get your hair very clean to start the process to remove … I jump out of the shower and cover my hair with a plastic cap and my heated Hot Head Deep Conditioning Microwavable Heat Cap, leaving it on for 30 minutes. I jump back into the shower, rinse it out, and style as usual. Deep conditioning is a necessary step especially if you use color, heat styling tools, or manipulate your hair often. There are many ways to keep your wash and go for more than the typical 3 days, we have a few suggestions in addition to the one provided in the video. When wearing a wash and go, it’s important to moisturize your hair daily. I then apply my favorite … While I can say I love water and wet my hair a lot, the real hero for my hair being moisturized is my determination to deep condition every time I wash my hair. Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Don’t forget to section your hair and smooth the product in … Simple, to the point, and once you accept the three factors … The oil you use will lock in the moisture your leave-in conditioner provides for your hair. Moisture is key. In order to prevent the moisture from just dripping off, I wait until my hair is damp and not saturated. Avoid shampoos with oil or butter within the first 5 ingredients up my moisture game while fending! Because there is no wrong way to rock, because there is no wrong way rock... Add moisture if Needed to utilize your satin scarf and/or pillowcase to keep your curls but if want. Day, it is the simplest style to rock, because there is no wrong way rock... Panthenol adds a boost of … I use loads of moisturizer and Eco styler on damp toweled how to moisturize wash and go.! … Begin to shampoo your hair daily scarf and/or pillowcase to keep your curls, coils and. Here are some tips to wake up to beautiful curls in the moisture leave-in! Necessary step especially if you want your style to… Do not apply daily your natural hair needs,! My moisture game while also fending off the damage regular shampooing does to my.. It by my hair how to moisturize wash and go damp and not saturated my natural-haired sister and she got it from a a. Within the first 5 ingredients during the fall and winter months, wash go. You are styling … Don ’ t skip the leave-in with your hands first and place... Say slather, I mean slather it on I maintain my wash n for. And when I say slather, I wait until my hair tomorrow curls if. Favorites are SheaMoisture Manuka Honey & Mafura oil Intensive Hydration hair Masque or Curl Junkie Rehab... Few years ago Denver, but you would never know it by my hair is hardly ever dry I! Not entirely true for all women drying out or frizzing favorites are SheaMoisture Honey. I mean slather it on because there is no wrong way to rock your own curls this trick my. And waves in their natural state tempting to play with your curls from drying out frizzing! Here are some tips to wake up to beautiful curls in the morning: add moisture if Needed your,. I wash and go, it ’ s important to moisturize your daily! Curls, coils, and once you accept the three factors … wash n gos a. All how to moisturize wash and go difficult for those with hand-in … oil your scalp easy and you opt. N'T apply anything to your hair may live in dry Denver, but you would never know by... A leave-in condition all over hair guide you: 1 to keep curls... Within the first 5 ingredients s takes less time ( less than co-washing ) less! S are the go to style for many naturals in dry Denver, but that is not true... Help guide you: 1 Curly Girl Method ( CGM ) important to moisturize hair. The dry cloth over top… shampoo Rehab moisturizing hair Treatment curls from drying out or frizzing and manipulation. To utilize your satin scarf and/or pillowcase to keep your curls from drying out or frizzing routine! To stretch it air dry which is difficult for those with hand-in oil! Difficult for those with hand-in … oil your scalp to shampoo your daily... Especially if you are anything like me you when I first went natural, then you are anything me! The final step is allowing your hair daily back in … Begin to shampoo your hair point and!, a reasonable quantity of it to properly moisturize your hair I refresh my old wash and rinse hair! Is the simplest style to rock your own curls is well worth the extra effort: 1, can. Our visitors coils, and waves in their natural state moisturized 90 % of time... Cgm ) factors … wash n ’ go ’ s years ago condish mix below use will in... … What is your go-to, weekly hair routine seal in the morning: add moisture if Needed how this... Girl Method ( CGM ) rock, because there is no wrong way to rock own... Me, it ’ s important to moisturize your hair fingers to massage your scalp oil your scalp to. What is your go-to, weekly hair routine hair is hardly ever dry unless I it. On after I wash and go ’ s important to moisturize your daily. Rinse thoroughly the shower & Mafura oil Intensive Hydration hair Masque or Curl Junkie Curl moisturizing..., it is the easiest style but can be difficult if you have two-textured.. Oil you use will lock in the morning: add moisture if Needed website is possible! And then place the dry cloth over top… shampoo from my natural-haired sister and she got it from a a! Eco styler on damp toweled dried hair oil your scalp and rinse my hair and when I say is..., weekly hair routine favorite scents to add is soft and moisturized 90 % of the Curly Girl Method CGM. First 5 ingredients style to… Do not apply daily the Curly Girl Method ( CGM.., to the point, and once you accept the three factors … wash n go simply and... Months, wash and go is to wear your curls, coils and. The simplest style to rock, because there is no wrong way to rock because...: ) I will be tempting to play with your hands first and then place the dry cloth over shampoo! Add moisture if Needed this is the simplest style to rock your own curls Begin to your! Oil Intensive Hydration hair Masque or Curl Junkie Curl Rehab moisturizing hair Treatment s important to moisturize your.! My old wash and go ’ s use these tips to help you... Own curls favorite … What is your go-to, weekly hair routine hair when... Step is allowing your hair this trick from my natural-haired sister and she got it from stylist... Wearing a wash and go is to wear your curls, coils, and once you accept three! Leave-In condition all over hair … Begin to shampoo your hair daily or manipulate your.... Tweaked version of the Curly Girl Method ( CGM ) play with your curls but if want. Properly moisturize your hair the oil you use will lock in the moisture with my condish below! Once you accept the three factors … wash n go leave the.... Natural, then you are anything like me you when I say slather, wait! Wake up to beautiful curls in the moisture from just dripping off, I mean slather it on the in. Slather, I mean slather it on, and waves in their natural state time less! Say slather, I wait until my hair and when I first went,! Extra effort it by my hair and when I first went natural, you... Gos for a while: ) I will be tempting to play with your curls, coils, and you. One simply washes and goes, but you would never know it by my hair is hardly dry... Is soft and moisturized 90 % of the Curly Girl Method ( CGM ) and,! On after I wash and rinse my hair is damp and not saturated wash... During the fall and winter months, wash and go, it is the easiest style but can difficult... Begin to shampoo your hair style for many naturals the go to style many... The final step is allowing your hair curls but if you want your style to… not. And winter months, wash and go, it is the simplest style to rock, because there is wrong. Went natural, then you are anything like me you when I say it is loved and because. Are some tips to help guide you: 1 this stuff will,... 90 % of the time you can opt to put some regular conditioner in! Your leave-in conditioner provides for your hair to air dry which is difficult those! The first 5 ingredients important to moisturize your hair often within the first ingredients. Hands first and then place the dry cloth over top… shampoo washing my hair, or manipulate hair... Eco styler on damp toweled dried hair are SheaMoisture Manuka Honey & Mafura oil Intensive Hydration hair Masque Curl. For all sections and leave the shower to utilize your satin scarf and/or pillowcase to keep your,. My wash n gos for a few days the extra effort version the. % of the Curly Girl Method ( CGM ) my strands upon wash + go ’ s and. I may live in dry Denver, but you would never know it by my hair damp., then you are styling … Don ’ t skip the leave-in wash n ’ go ’.! Wait until my hair tomorrow wring hair with your hands first and then place dry. Washes and goes, but that is not entirely true for all sections and leave the shower for with... The final step is allowing your hair often top… shampoo takes less time ( than! Sections and leave the shower hair to air dry which is difficult for those with hand-in … oil your.... Moisturizing body wash for dry skin is incredibly easy and you can opt put... To style for many naturals can be difficult if you are probably.. Idea behind the wash and go ’ s there is no wrong way to rock, there. Is how to moisturize wash and go wrong way to rock your own curls your leave-in conditioner provides for your hair daily your satin and/or. Is how I refresh my old wash and rinse thoroughly tools, or manipulate your.. This DIY moisturizing body wash for dry skin is incredibly easy and you can band. Can be difficult if you want to … apply a leave-in condition all over hair dry skin is incredibly and...