This is the first Milwaukee cordless chainsaw and Milwaukee claims its faster than a 40CC saw in hardwoods. Anyone who has used a gas chainsaw has run into the issue of doing a lot of small work and having to restart the saw time and time again. Before you start your chainsaw, check for leaks, cracks or obvious damage, test the throttle, choke, trigger lockout and stop switch. very good point, David! We sliced our way through a truckload of white-oak logs with these battery-powered chainsaws. The unit is designed to meet the performance, durability and ergonomic needs of professional landscape maintenance, power utility, and the installed M18™ user. However, for those of us who do a lot of cutting, the $400 price tags is a decent value as that also comes with a 12Ah battery. This would be a great saw for ground clearing and an awesome saw for the guy who is working the chipper and needs to cut a branch before it goes into the chipper. Milwaukee 2727-21HD, so far, for the price, have excelled in the many aspects of quality. There are a lot of battery powered chainsaws on the market, this one is definitely worth considering! It also demonstrates that Milwaukee has a lot of faith in the power of this tool. Check it out Below. I tried the other one and it came off fine but still the saw was rendered useless. We would be looking into the Milwaukee chainsaw review where it exhibits great quality for its price which is quite affordable. In this Milwaukee chainsaw review article, let me introduce an ideal chainsaw that will amaze you with its performance: Milwaukee Electric Tools 2727-21HD chainsaw kit. It has power tools and batteries ideal for different categories of jobs, small jobs and heavy duty jobs. This is truly a saw that can actually perform real work. Just read the reviews. The only negative I have with the Milwaukee is the amount of chain oil it feeds. 5 Best Gas Pole Saw in 2020 – Buying guide and reviews, 9 Best Pole Hedge Trimmer in 2020 – Buying guide and reviews, 8 Best Electric Hedge Trimmer in 2020 – Review and buying guide, 10 Best Cordless Hedge Trimmer in 2020 – Review & buying guide, Milwaukee 2727-20 M18 FUEL 16 in. Light and easily to use. Our Milwaukee chainsaw review offers three options for our readers. Product Names Product Images Check Price #1 LiTHELi 40V 14 inches Cordless Chainsaw with Brushless Motor, 2.5AH Battery and Charger View … For a battery chainsaw, it sure lives up to expectations. Well, for starter, you won’t need your gas chainsaw anymore. chainsawmag.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Milwaukee Electric Tools 2727 Chainsaw: (A Quick Review) 193 Customer Reviews. A torque limiting plastic turn knob nut? There was however a little 4% complaint of the chainsaw coming off and oil leakage, but the remaining 86% had so many appraisals in the Milwaukee m18 chainsaw review. And they can definitely bring that same utility to various landscaping tasks in your property. As with other chainsaws, it has a bar lock for safety. You have entered an incorrect email address. It is ideal for cutting hardwood fast and perfectly. One of the Milwaukee 's best traits is that it goes from being completely stopped to full speed instantly. You can get this chainsaw for what a tree service would charge to take down a palm tree! Yes, you will have to keep a bunch of batteries with you, but at the same times, it has a real advantage. No Cary case like buying a car with no tires. Eric is a huge Cubs fans and no, he is not related to Chevy Chase. While he loves remodeling his house, his passion is spending time with his wife and two children. Milwaukee M18 fuel 16 chainsaw review – Milwaukee 2727-20, Milwaukee M18 Fuel 16 chainsaw review – Milwaukee 2727-21HD. The Milwaukee M18 FUEL 16 in. Milwaukee makes another stellar addition to their lineup with this Chainsaw. I know there are multiple power tool manufacturers in the marketplace that have battery-powered OPE tools such as chainsaws, but when it comes to chainsaws, the only two I am a fan of is the Ego and the Makita. They paired the M18 Fuel Chainsaw up against a Stihl MS170, an entry level gas saw. Milwaukee chainsaw battery powered It was at NPS18 and it was the first demonstration of the day. It displays good qualities such as long battery life, being powerful, working as good as or even better than gas powered, it is very easy to start and work with. “The Milwaukee chainsaw 2727-21HD retails for about $400 at The Home Depot. The chainsaw is surprisingly powerful and fast. p=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];t.id='sideqik-sdk';t.async=1;t.src=u;p.parentNode.insertBefore(t,p) It reads 86.8 decibels on the sound meter and is especially whiny and loud compared to many other cordless chainsaws from 50 feet away. Milwaukee hit the OPE market hard and now with their M18 chainsaw, the only thing they are missing is a lawnmower. I love the power, the ease of use and the freedom to remove gas and spark plugs out of the equation. cordless chainsaw delivers the power to cut hardwoods, cuts faster than gas-powered models and delivers up to 150 cuts per charge. Milwaukee vs Makita Chainsaw – The Ultimate Brand Comparison. It was at NPS18 and it was the first demonstration of the day. The Milwaukee M18 FUEL is a beast of a chainsaw. A hundred cuts in 06-inch oak and still two bars left, reviewing the Milwaukee Electric Tools 2727 chainsaw. It has received many positive reviews and comments from many customers who have appreciated its splendid work, as will be mentioned here. Great chainsaw. The Milwaukee chainsaw 2727-21HD retails for about $400 at The Home Depot. Chainsaw, Automatic oiler for proper chain lubrication. That’s really my main gripe. Product is manufactured in China; This product meets customer requirement; 5 year on material and workmanship ; Buy on Amazon. It scores a 4.7 over 5 stars from its customer reviews in the Milwaukee chainsaw review. The saw is built around a brushless motor which provides efficiency and longer run times. Milwaukee Chainsaw Review Features This is the first Milwaukee cordless chainsaw and Milwaukee claims its faster than a 40CC saw in hardwoods. Oil everywhere This Milwaukee chainsaw review shows you among the best Milwaukee chainsaws guarantees exceptional performance and will serve for many years. The internet is full of chainsaw reviews, but many do not cover the essential points people need to buy the best gas chainsaw.. A chainsaw is a serious piece of equipment that requires proper handling and safety procedures, so you need to know what you are doing. The main focus here will be on the M18 fuel 16 inch chainsaw, cordless chainsaw and battery. The saw weighs in at 13.9 lbs and has an rpm of 6600. This pack has 216 watt-hours in it, which is the equivalent of two 6.0 Ah packs or three 4.0 amp hour packs. Milwaukee chainsaws are more comfortable to relocate, and you may carry it along, while on the move. A major talking point for the Milwaukee M18 Fuel Chainsaw is the power source – a High Output 12.0 Ah battery. Best of all, I love how fast the saw cycles up to full speed. This is not an issue with a battery-powered saw. Why is the Milwaukee M18 chainsaw my winner in the large electric chainsaw category, you might ask? Read our Editorial Guidelines to learn more about our team. (w[n].q=w[n].q||[]).push(arguments)};t=d.createElement(s), This chainsaw is a great addition to any tool collection for users looking to ditch the gas and head over to cordless performance from Milwaukee. On a 6-inch bar, it should increase the smoothness of the cut. Plus Enter to Win Future Tool Giveaways! Our marketing partners don’t review, approve or endorse our editorial content. It has been proved to cut more woods within a shorter time, a great deal is that it is noiseless compared to other products, from the Milwaukee chainsaw reviews, it shows that it also reduces fuel mixing hassles. As I said earlier, I rely on my Ego and the Makita as those are my two favorite saws on the market. Being fairly light it has an advantage over the Husky as it is less tiring to use on larger tasks like firewood harvesting although there are times when the Husky with its 20 inch bar has an advantage. Updated on March 28, 2020 By Chainsaw Magazine Leave a Comment. Milwaukee Electric Tools 2727-21HD Chainsaw Kit . What, I buy a saw for $350 and get 30 minutes use and it structurally fails. The tool is designed with all the required technology, and the combination of them makes Milwaukee M18 Chainsaw long durable, strong and user-friendly. Only one? With the Milwaukee chainsaw review help, it will be easier to choose from a wide range of options. Top 7 Best Milwaukee Grinder Chainsaw Reviews Of 2020. At the recent Milwaukee New Product Symposium, we had the opportunity to look at one of the newest products that the company will roll out this upcoming July. Your email address will not be published. Pull the trigger and off you go. It’s a welcome and certainly interesting addition to the outdoor power equipment [OPE] tool market. (function(w,d,s,u,n,t,p){w[n]=w[n]||function(){ So let’s see which category the Milwaukee falls into and dive into the Milwaukee Chainsaw Review. No more worrying about gas. The question was how will it compete against the Makita and Ego. I love how powerful the motor is when cutting through larger pieces of wood and I appreciate long runtimes of this saw. Milwaukee 2727-21HD Review — Cuts Faster than Gas Last Updated on January 13, 2020 By Chainsaw Journal You want power in a cordless — the Milwaukee 2727-21HD can cut hardwood faster than a 40cc gas, without the fumes, requiring no maintenance. For the homeowner, this is a winner. Milwaukee designed this with a 16″ Oregon bar which means you can do some serious cutting with this saw. I love this guy, mine is a beast! I also think this is a great saw for the climber. There needs to be a recall or discontinue selling these until they can fix the bar bolt design error. A redlink plus intelligence for better performance and battery protection. Milwaukee chainsaw review Milwaukee M18 fuel 16 chainsaw review – Milwaukee 2727-20 The Milwaukee 16 inch chainsaw is so powerful and delivers a speedy performance as good as having up to 150 cuts per charge which I can tell you is amazing. am i missing something?battery works on my other tools, trigger feels fine, safety bar seems fine in both positions and NOTHING! You would love it. I can show you pics of the cheesy design. The 2 bar bolts have a small hex inside backed up by small plastic hex pockets that will fail. Milwaukee Chainsaw Review (Electric Tools 2727-21HD) At a Glance. It’s safety features and speed enhancing features like the redlink plus intelligence sure puts it amongst the top rankings. Overall, there are very minimal complaints of oil spillage and chain coming off which is quite expectant of a chainsaw, this can be avoided by careful handling and optimal maintenance. The Malwaukee 18V battery is designed and built for the M18 fuel 16 inch chainsaw to boost performance up to 40cc or that of a gas engine. Chainsaws are awesome for cutting down branches, barks, and entire trees. The more the power of its battery (M18), the better the performance. Works great out-of-the-box. Dubbed “The Hatchet,” this saw can cut 3” hardwoods, and delivers up to 120 cuts per 4.0 ah battery charge. I had one and it failed miserably. The power-speed brushless motor also maintains speed even during heavy duty work. This pro chainsaw … I love how this saw can have some real output and perform a ton of work, even on a single battery. Not only cut large pieces of wood but do serious work. The 14 on our list proved to be light, quiet, and fast cutting. The last time when I tried to back off the nut, the bolt started spinning on one of the bolts. Appliances. The tools runs fast with little oil requirement, great overload protection during heavy work, excellent safety features amongst others. The grip has a rubber overmold grip just likes their power tools. August 18, 2013 August 20, 2024 Jack Sparrow Leave a Comment on Top 7 Best Milwaukee Grinder Chainsaw Reviews Of 2020. Chain oil consumption is higher than it needs to be and there is no adjustment to decrease the flow. Little or no vibration. For me, this is a winner. It’s amazing to think that there are chainsaws that are powered by a battery. It also ensures that customers get optimum satisfaction from the purchase and use of products, The Milwaukee chainsaw review has shown Milwaukee maintain professionalism in the performance of each individual tool and the kit. The M18 chainsaw kit is manufactured by the Milwaukee electric tools. Now just depress the trigger and your off and running. Milwaukee M12 Fuel Hatchet Is A Mini-Chainsaw For Limbing, Pruning, And Other Landscaping Tasks. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Milwaukee opted for a full-house design that features a cutter on every drive link. The Milwaukee ® M18 FUEL™ 16" Chainsaw delivers the power to cut hardwoods, cuts faster than gas, and delivers up to 150 cuts per charge. I bought one at HD and within the first battery charge had to change the chain no less that 20 times. Help us Milwaukee thank u. I just charged my battery and plugged it in. From the Milwaukee chainsaw review, it is obvious that the Milwaukee manufacturer makes sure the products are up to standard in terms of design, technology, speed, work performance, durability, and safety. A little too much torque and they pull out. The saw weighs in at 13.9 lbs and has an rpm of 6600. We were just trying to get a baseline test with the Husqvarna, in order to compare the M18 cordless chainsaw against. Good chainsaw. April 25, 2019 0 Comments "There's a new Milwaukee chainsaw in town, and Milwaukee has left the cord behind." The battery powered chainsaw is designed to meet the performance, durability and ergonomic needs of professional landscape maintenance, power utility and the installed M18 users. This type of chain should optimize small limb-cutting where a … It gathers majorly positive ratings and comments from users who have enjoyed its magnificent work as will be discussed here. If you are enthusiastic about power tools, chances are you own one or two products from Milwaukee and Makita. Invest in a tool that serves your purpose and convenience. We have a tool room with hundreds of their tools but it’s slowly going from red to turquoise Makita now. Not only that… Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Well, I can add a third. I completely agree with what you are saying about total price compared to a gas saw, but the once or twice a year user can buy a decent battery powered saw for half the price. Thank you for your feedback! It requires a 1 lithium ion battery to function. In our Milwaukee M18 chainsaw review, we will present to you all the ins and outs of the chainsaw that will help you to make the decision to have it. It is ideal for cutting hardwood, it has a weight of 15.3 pounds. Both companies are popular brands in the power tools industry, especially the cordless segment of the market. Comparable to small to mid sized gas chainsaw. It is compatible with all M18 red lithium batteries to increase output up to 50%. 50% more power and runs 50% cooler. It is ideal for cutting hardwood, it has a … This is undoubtedly the top of the Milwaukee chainsaw review in the section of Milwaukee battery chainsaw review. Required fields are marked *. Excellent for small jobs around the house. Back in June of 2018 we got our first look at the Milwaukee Chainsaw. As an Amazon Associate we earn affiliate commissions from qualifying purchases. This brand's trimmer impresses with their above-average combination between blade length and engine power. Why you should choose Milwaukee M18 Chainsaw? chainsawmag.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, and we get a commission on purchases made through our links. They paired the M18 Fuel Chainsaw up against a Stihl MS170, an entry level gas saw. It’s accurate to the best of our knowledge when posted. I am a frequent chainsaw user and own both an Echo 310 for smaller work and a Husky 61 for larger stuff. I am loving the Milwaukee saw. Today I am sharing all of the ins and outs of the Milwaukee's M18 FUEL Chainsaw Kit. I purchased the Milwaukee saw when it first became available in Canada. The handle is a full D-Handle that wraps from the top of the saw all the way down the left side, which gives you more grip options. Come on DeWalt, take a lesson from Milwaukee here. Actually the Milwaukee bar studs are not so sweet. I think for an arborist this serves a couple of functions. The oil chamber features a see-through side so you can gauge how much oil is in the reservoir without having to take off the cap. When Milwaukee announced they were coming out with a chainsaw, I was excited because I know they have the capability of making a great saw and I know they have the battery to produce a chainsaw that runs for a long time. Did I just get a bad one??? The ratings had comments such as having powerful saw, running for a long time without pausing ( long battery life), cuts very fast, durability, less emission, less noise, and it being better and faster than a gas chainsaw. Both gas-powered and battery-powered chainsaws are in high demand in the present scenario. The cost of the gas I have to buy and keep that goes bad even when using a fuel stabilizer, the fuel stabilizer, the maintenance, service and carburetors I’ve had to rebuild because it isn’t constantly in use really adds up. Reviewed in the United States on October 28, 2001 I purchased the Milwaukee electric chainsaw five years ago because I did not want to store gasoline anywhere in the house. Milwaukee Fuel Chainsaw Review – A Brushless Way To Get Branchless. Who would have thought that a high demand tool like this can be powered and be efficient enough to actually cut tree trucks? I respectfully disagree with that statement. It also runs just fine on my 4.0 and 5.0 batteries. The battery model discussed here works stronger and faster than other gas powered models which even adds to the interest of reviewing it. For the professional arborist, it is up to you. Top 7 Best Milwaukee Grinder Chainsaw On The Market . Milwaukee M18 FUEL Chainsaw Review. Many years ago I used my credits I earned with the GM Service Masters award program to “buy” a gas chainsaw for use around the house. The saw is powerful and has awesome runtime with the 12Ah battery. Phil August 23, 2018 9 Comments. Problem is, they’re large, loud, and heavy, making them overkill for nearly all but the most demanding … As with all power tools, this has a safety feature so you don’t accidentally pull the trigger. So excited to use it but when I pulled the trigger… NOTHING! Better than what tree service charges! It is considered to be a great addition to the Milwaukee power tool set. Milwaukee then refused to return my saw till I raised hell. One may need the high powered battery for long run time. It is one of the best at executing cuts and has a long-lasting battery. So other than the buying bar oil, $400 to not have any of the other expenses that are involved with a gas chainsaw doesn’t seem all too bad if you’re already on the Milwaukee platform. And that’s what we want to change. Our test was to perform 2 cuts going down and 1 cut coming up (down-up-down). #tiacrew. The Milwaukee M18 is not the quietest saw in our review. Talk of power, efficiency, and performance and nothing else comes close to this cordless chainsaw. It doesn’t have many on Amazon, but the Milwaukee website has over 600 raving reviews. I think what the author meant by “might be a little high priced” is compared to other battery powered chainsaws. In internal testing, Milwaukee tells us they get 150 cuts in 6 x 6 cedar. The best thing about it is that I can climb a ladder without a running chainsaw!! As you would expect, a chainsaw takes a lot of power to perform the task at hand. Milwaukee M18 FUEL Chainsaw – Through the Woods. Like any other Milwaukee product it is excellent and this particular item works as well as any gas model of comparable size. Stay up to Date on Tool Reviews, Tool News and More. I turned it in for warranty and Milwaukee denied it claiming user error! I love how fast the saw turns on when I depress the trigger. Are you buying a new gas-powered chainsaw? I have a wood burning stove so each year I am cutting a ton of wood. This being one of the major Milwaukee m18 fuel chainsaw review, it shows excellent features like its safety and comfortability during usage, working greatly, very ideal for small jobs and easy to use. It ensures battery protection during heavy duty works with its redlink plus intelligence which also allows the unit to quickly reach full throttle for higher productivity and better control. Compatible with all M18 batteries. It is carefully designed to meet the ergonomic needs of professionals. Milwaukee Chainsaw Review. The chain may jump off if not properly placed. Purchasing a good chainsaw can be a challenge for the hobbyist or new professional. It’s a great saw but for the occasional user, it may be overkill (unless they are already invested in the M18 platform, then it may be worth it). Your email address will not be published. Don’t buy one. Unfortunately, until recently, most OPE offerings have been sadly underpowered. The saw is built around a brushless motor which provides efficiency and longer run times. If your cutting one or two times a year, this might be a little high priced. It wasn’t until a couple of years ago that this has really become possible. First let me say that this battery powered saw out works the little Echo 310 hands down. And what do you know, the Milwaukee kicked the crap out of it. The Milwaukee M18 Fuel Chainsaw features a 16" bar and chain, and with the new 18V 12.0Ah battery packs, it … The brushless motor used by this chainsaw is engineered to run longer while producing more power and torque while efficiently using less power. After you've finished the job, clean the entire chainsaw while paying special attention to the air filter and cylinder fins. The Milwaukee 16 inch chainsaw is so powerful and delivers a speedy performance as good as having up to 150 cuts per charge which I can tell you is amazing. No noise, fast cut and no start problems. This can be very useful on … The power on demand is great. Milwaukee designed this with their M18 battery platform and more specifically, the Milwaukee 12Ah battery which is their highest amp battery available. February 10, 2020. In the universe of cordless tools, some of the highest demand is in the category of Outdoor Power Equipment (OPE). Milwaukee Chainsaw Review Back in June of 2018 we got our first look at the Milwaukee Chainsaw. Higher capacity batteries will yield higher performance. If your, (you’re), cutting one or two times a year, this might be a little high priced.”. Editorial Note: Tools in Action receives compensation from third-party advertisers, but that doesn’t affect our editors’ opinions. So, even if you don’t want to go with one of our options, we would urge you to consider the following features. Milwaukee Chainsaw Review: The Milwaukee brand is another of the best brands highly purchased and used in the market. Their electric chainsaws are well suited for processing firewood as well as for felling smaller trees. While there are some great battery powered chainsaws on the market, let’s face it, there are also others on the market that probably shouldn’t be. No more Milwaukee for me. The Milwaukee M12 FUEL HATCHET Pruning Saw was recently released as a super portable, maneuverable, and compact mini chainsaw. July 21, 2020. Still, the product stack of the Milwaukee brand is vast enough to keep you in frenzy. It has received more reviews and sold more units than any other cordless chainsaw ever made. Instead of having to climb, start the saw by pulling it then cut and repeat for each branch. I definitely like the Milwaukee saw more than the flexvolt, but I’m already heavily invested in the DeWalt line… If only they would replace the bar attachments with two nuts like the Milwaukee. No gas, low noise, and fast cuts make this a great addition to their OPE line up. The chain brake, chain, bar, fuel and oil levels will also need your attention before you start a job. It has a 4.8 rating out of a 5 star with nothing less than a 4 star rating, amazing. One may have to drain the oil after each usage to avoid leakage. })(window,document,'script','https://d1hrk5gt3yn7pi.cloudfront.net/api/sideqik-api-1.2.js#59c2f0bed427210004000002','sideqik'); sideqik('viewPost', '44751937'); Thanks for writing this up Eric. Impressive for a battery saw. I can't say that I have a huge demand for chainsaws in my shop, but it's definitely a good tool to have around when you need it. The 2727-21HD comes with the saw, battery, charger and bar oil. We really were not setting out to choose a winner.