He is so good looking! His pedalboard consists of a Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive pedal, Boss TR-2 Tremolo, Vox Cooltron Bulldog Distortion, MXR Micro Amp (2) and a Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner. The Strokes’ Nick Valensi Tells Me How My Strokes Cover Band Can Be The Best Strokes Cover Band. Nick Valensi is a American Musician, Guitarist, who was born on 16 January, 1981 in New York, New York. See more ideas about the strokes, nick, julian casablancas. Valensi has described the band's sound as a mix of power pop and heavy metal, and has named The Cars, Cheap Trick and Elvis Costello as influences.[20]. Nick Valensi, lead guitarist for the Strokes, used to call his customized 1960s Epiphone Riviera “the greatest instrument never made,” but he can't say that any more. Valensi's main guitar, which he uses for nearly every live show and recorded song, is a 1990s Epiphone Riviera with Gibson P-94 pick-ups, which was given to him by friend and fellow Strokes guitarist Albert Hammond Jr. Hardware Shows Light Tarnish (Please See Photos) Original P-94 Single-Coil Pickups Music. During his time at Dwight High School he met future bandmates Julian Casablancas and Fabrizio Moretti. Plays a 1990s Epiphone Riviera guitar which he customized himself with Gibson P-94 pickups. Which begs the question: will we see him playing a Combinata when (if?) See more ideas about The strokes, Nick, Julian casablancas. Valensi was born in New York City, to a Tunisian father and a French mother, Danielle. rivoluzioneromantica. He also co-wrote the track "Hostage" on Sia's 2014 album 1000 Forms of Fear. Just as Epiphone started out in Manhattan, so did The Strokes. AMA! Epiphone has introduced a Nick Valensi signature model based on the guitar that provides the … Guitarist Nick Valensi of The Strokes performs during Day 2 of FYF Fest 2014 at LA Sports Arena & Exposition Park on August 24, 2014 in Los Angeles, California. A lot of people say Nick Valensi … Nick Valensi Riviera P94 When you’re the lead guitarist in New York’s coolest rock band, you need a cool guitar. Erstklassige Nachrichtenbilder in hoher Auflösung bei Getty Images I checked The Strokes out on YouTube. 108 likes. It cracks me up just how far apart our use of the instrument is, but it also points out just how versatile a guitar this one can be. Nick Valensi looks at his screen with a pair of [TMA-2 DJ Preset](http://aiai... more. Fuck Yeah Nicky V is a blog completely dedicated to Nick Valensi, guitarist of The Strokes. [21] Furthermore, he contributed backing vocals on the self-titled debut album of his bandmate Fab Moretti's band, Little Joy. It cracks me up just how far apart our use of the instrument is, but it also points out just how versatile a guitar this one can be. This photo of Nick Valensi's pedalboard shows he uses the MXR M-133 Micro Amp... more, The large pedal in the top row of Nick Valensi's pedalboard is an Electro-Har... more, Nick Valensi's Fulltone GT-500 can be seen in the bottom-right corner of his ... more, This photo of Nick Valensi's pedalboard shows he uses the Korg Pitchblack Chr... more. > "I saw your tele custom in perso... more, Nick Valensi can be seen using the Gibson Custom 1958 Les Paul Standard Reiss... more. [1] He began attending The Dwight School at age 13, where he met Julian Casablancas on the first day of the school's orientation program. AMA! Sia has also stated that she and Valensi are planning to write songs together for other artists. Close. Aktuelle Folge. 22:02 . [15] The band released six LPs including Is This It, Room on Fire, First Impressions of Earth, Angles, Comedown Machine and The New Abnormal with tours and festival sets in the North America, Europe, South America, East Asia and Australia. Nick is the youngest band member. Die aktuellen Modelle sind sehr zu meinem Leidwesen ausschliesslich in Antique Natural mit hellem Binding zu bekommen. 1,766 notes . Nick Valensi is a American Musician, Guitarist, who was born on 16 January, 1981 in New York, New York. He is the frontman of the group, and is backed by drummer Ralph Alexander, multi-instrumentalist Brad Oberhofer, bassist Jon Safley, and guitarist Darian Zahedi. [1], Valensi attended New York City public schools while growing up. You may know me as the guitarist for the strokes. At 6 ft. 4 in., he's the tallest member of The Strokes. Following the completion of their album contract deal with RCA Records in 2013,[16] the band has continued to release new music through Casablancas' Cult Records. Willkommen in der Welt von Beyblade, dies ist die Geschichte einer Gruppe von leidenschaftlichen Bladers, die auf eine unvergessliche Reise gehen um ihren Träumen nachzujagen. For years, lead guitarist Nick Valensi played a 1995 Epiphone Riviera, which he actually acquired from Hammond way back when The Strokes formed in 1999. As a person born on this date, Nick Valensi is listed in our database as the 32nd most popular celebrity for the day (January 16) and the 313th most popular for the year (1981). I play in CRX and The Strokes. Find the latest tracks, albums, and images from Nick Valensi. Verkaufe meine Epiphone - Nick Valensi - Made in Korea!! He attended Hunter College in his native New York City. Save gear to your wishlist and see the best price. Age 37 years old. TV Programm. Valensi often borrows fellow Strokes guitarist Albert Hammond, Jr.'s backup guitars, which include a Gibson Les Paul Jr. and a Les Paul Special. These are joined by bass that thrums on the tonic, and another guitar steadily beating out chords. Videos. Their first show as The Strokes was at the Spiral in New York City on September 14, 1999. Willkommen in der Welt von Beyblade, dies ist die Geschichte einer Gruppe von leidenschaftlichen Bladers, die auf eine unvergessliche Reise gehen um ihren Träumen nachzujagen. Ace Dragon! Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn. "[8] Through Casablancas, Valensi also met Nikolai Fraiture during this time. Frets In Excellent Condition. His recent pedalboard consists of a Fulltone GT-500 Distortion/Booster, a Korg Pitchblack Tuner, A Visual Sound Visual Volume Pedal, a Visual Sound Double Trouble dual overdrive, a Maxon Distortion Master, an Electro-Harmonix XO Holy Grail Reverb, an Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Memory Man, and an MXR Micro Amp Boost.