6. Full Range 60X Long Zoom. I mean that's 50% bigger. Manual focus as it is now (with the switches) is horrible.I have seen many requests for such a ring on various forums, including here. So, you will have to use the same hand for operating the camera's start/stop switch, shutter button, and zoom lever, ouch. Not much of a sensor when going against ACS-C competitors. there's no chance of hand-holding and getting a clear shot, unassisted. The Canon can do 1200mm (35mm equiv) optically 24mm x 50x =1200mm. Depending on which system you're in and what your needs are, they might just be the compact, well-priced and impressively sharp little primes you've been looking for. While the FZ70 offers a bright F2.8-5.9 lens, it’s the new 16.1-megapixel High Sensitivity MOS sensor that cuts noise by 10-15% and dramatically improves images in high-sensitivity shooting. I agree that 1200 mm zoom is useful for birds, but you usually do not need that long lens for large mammals. Regarding the audio, it will be just as awful as what you get with all the the built-in pinhead microphones out there, you know, the clever but useless P.R. I had an FZ-5. This lens is 200mm in focal length to give 1200mm FF equivalent field of view. 1/1.7" isn't that much smaller than 2/3", so I doubt any company could make one profitably at less than $500 even with "just" a 20x zoom. If you're looking for a high-quality camera, you don't need to spend a ton of cash, nor do you need to buy the latest and greatest new product on the market. Sorry, this product is currently not available at any of our online partners. Next slide. The Lumix DMC-FZ70 features a 16.1-megapixel 1/2.3″ CMOS sensor and an F2.8-5.9 zoom lens that enables 20mm ultra wide angle to 60x optical zoom. It's a motoyrized superzoom not bridge-cam not SLR-like. Canon should take note of these omissions. The Panasonic Lumix FZ80 18.1MP 4K Point and Shoot Long Zoom Camera is equipped with stunning 4K imaging technology. The stereo microphone will zoom with the optical zoom.But the price won't be bellow $625.That is my two cents. Panasonic LUMIX FZ80 4K Digital Camera, 18.1 Megapixel Video Camera, 60X Zoom DC VARIO 20-1200mm Lens, F2.8-5.9 Aperture, Power O.I.S. new to photography but with the specs on the fz70 or 72 here in England I think ill be sticking with my little zoom fz150.just wish it could hold its own I wanted a decent zoom for my passion wildlife photography I suppose ill just have to use my fieldcraft more Still no complaints about the fz150s quality.my first bridge camera ,still lots to learn . sensor cameras, on the other end. What might be interesting though would be a lens for something like the Pentax Q mini-system that has a very long reach, say 800-1500mm. Not sure about your GH2, but GH3 body dwarves the Canon EOS 100D/SL1 in both size and weight. Small reptiles and amphibians are in general also difficult to spot from far away, although I admit such a lens could sometimes be useful in shooting them. (panorama's with the 24mm Casio ZR200 are simply too limited, compared to the 21mm of the Tryx (and they still can't combine it with HDR-Art)). Of course the higher resolution viewfinderA leica branded lensfinally a rubberized eyecup.It's not gonna be weather sealed or magnesium.It aint gonna have a manual zoom ring.I cant see them going less than 16meg sensor from a marketing point of view. This is an awesome zoom range if you are into taking birds pictures. Good travel cameras should be small, versatile, and offer good image quality. According to Panasonic, the FZ70's impressive optics come from a production facility in Japan with a 25-year history of making lenses for CD and DVD players. Actually IMO I like the motorized zoom on these so called "bridge" cameras. Is that from image stabilisation or noise reduction? It's available in Canon EF, Fuji X, Leica M, M42, MFT, Nikon F, Pentax K and Sony E mounts and the first units are expected to ship in January 2021. The 'artifacts' are also observed on the window edges are most likely atmospheric thermals. Sony's new Visual Story app for iOS promises event and wedding photographers a variety of useful tools, designed to simplify their workflow and enhance their business. I have done 1200mm equivalent at ISO 200, f/6.7 1/200s and got images that are sharp at full screen size, and with good light, higher shutter speeds than that are possible. That sounds great. It provides the same 60x, 20-1200mm F2.8-5.9 zoom lens but adds an … Btw, to clarify this push towards Samsung Galaxy NX: Only Android would possibly allow the combination of (extreme) HDR-Art, *full*swing panorama *and* decent wide-angle. I think they would also make good 11x14 prints. Shooting at 20mm UWA with F2.8 iris seems to be the solitary cause for joy with the DMC-FZ70. A special, separate button on the top lets you instantly start recording videos while shooting photos without having to make any extra changes. All I can say for around $400 the SX50 is a great bird camera. The stabilization system fights minor camera shake effectively, shifting to a new subject relatively smoothly when panning across a scene. DC-ZS70. Dispatched with DPD. where do you get 16-33 from? It boasts crystal clear audio due to a unique microphone that eliminates ambient noise and wind sound with the stunning clarity of Dolby® Digital. Did you see some BIF at 50X taken with a HANDHELD SX50? who can't afford or justify $1200+ on a decent DSLR and long lens (or $12000 on a "proper" setup with 500-600mm primes, TC and tripod/monopod) for whom this sort of gadget is the perfect toy. No need to burden my with my big Canon and bagful of lenses. I am going to pass and wait for DMC-FZ7000 so I can look for water on the surface of the moon. This contributes to enabling high speed burst shooting at 9 fps in full resolution* and the Light Speed AF to catch the most fleeting shooting opportunities together with the quick start-up time of less than a second. We compare the Canon EOS R6, Nikon Z6 II, Panasonic S5 and Sony a7 III. @BJL: we all agree on the "high usable ISO" of the Olympus OMD E-M5. Do return with a HELPFUL comment when you have actually used this camera. For audio, the camera apparently has no external audio input jack, making do instead with a "built-in windshield" over the pinhead mic that is supposed to improve the SNR, but I am not biting without hearing the results first. Sorry, unexpected issue is occurred.Please close this window and retry the purchase. The Active Mode equipped allows for active video recording at wide angle such as shooting while walking without causing deterioration of image quality. Wow, really it does? If the FZ250 comes out with improved sensor tech (like this one) then the f/2.8 will become much more meaningful and a little bit wider wouldn't hurt. We've combed through the options and selected our two favorite cameras in this class. Planning to treat yourself to a new full-frame camera this holiday season? Have a look at our initial sample gallery taken on a full-frame Sony body. LUMIX Technology, Philosophy & Sample Galleries, //panasonic.purchase-now-au.com/en/Widgets/Fluid/{0}, //panasonic.purchase-now-au.com/Products/MultipleInStock/Fluid/{0}. Long zoom demand and sales have never been higher, witness the plethora of models available compared too only a few several years ago. Either this one, or a slightly larger sensor and a beast of a lens both in terms of price and weight, if it even exists. Nothing to like here much with this Lumix DMC-FZ70, sorry. Spanning the equivalent of 20-1200mm it's the largest zoom lens available in a consumer compact. These firmware updates, which were first announced back in February 2019, allow Nikon D500, D850 and D5 owners to use CFexpress Type B cards in addition to XQD cards in their Nikon DSLR camera systems. But I'll wait for the successor of the FZ200, which I hope has a top viewfinder, and better IQ than the FZ200. I'm extremely pleased with it.In fact I'm in love with it!I carry it with me most of the time now (on a leash :) ). GPS is not very much used now. Yeah, the bottom end point and shoot cameras are going away in favor of camera phones, but there still seems to be plenty of room for superzooms, travelzooms, enthusiast compacts, and interchangeable lens cameras built around M4/3 and APS-C sensors. Canon, come on, what's this?! Had anyone ever tried taking close-up shots of grizzly bear with cubs using 20mm f2.8 lens? No. The wishlist has already reached the maximum number of products, LUMIX DMC-FZ70 with No.1 Zoom Power in the Industry* 20mm Ultra Wide Angle Lens with Super Telephoto 60x Optical Zoom Realizing Handheld 1200mm Shooting and High Speed Response. If someone buys this camera today and shoots with it a few times a year, he/she would have no reason to ever upgrade unless the camera breaks. Power Optical Image Stabilization with Active Mode. Have a look. With the 20mm f2.8 it's actually quite compact! holy crOp! @Ghostboo, I agree partly about the coming FZ250 os so.I don't see a bigger sensor but a much improved sensor quality of the same size then FZ200 (the technological development in sensor is phenomenal and the competition is huge). In addition, the iA Plus Mode enables you to adjust defocusing area, exposure compensation and white balance by just moving the slider. Phones don't have optical zoom. I don't think at $399 most folks are expecting $6000 lens quality. The Sigma 65mm F2 DG DN is for the photographer who wants a focal length that falls squarely between 50mm and 85mm. The camera hits a competitive price point at $399, and it seems that some concessions were made in build quality to hit that number. No 1080/60p? Just check out the Power Shot forum for some good SX50 pictures. The 24mm F3.5, 35mm F2 and 65mm F2 DG DN share similar designs and have weather-sealed metal bodies. Optical Zoom 60x; Focal Length f = 3.58 - 215mm (20 - 1200mm in 35mm equiv.) (Optical Image Stabilizer) effectively suppresses hand-shake vibration. Monogram's Creative Console allows you to build out a customized set of physical controls to speed up your editing workflow. If you want this zoom range for a DSLR, it would require a really slow lens (as pointed out by the previous poster), or an enormous lens, or a small sensor DSLR. I guess that's why their 60X 1200mm is no more then Canon's SX50 1200mm. I own an FZ150 (which I love) and a Nikon D5100 ( which I have yet to fully embrace). Better giving a broader d/r and high-iso capability than squeezing all those pixels becoming useless as soon as the light fades away. This camera is a beat-up, I certainly wish I'd never fallen for the hype! GPS, 920k touchscreen, and an improved mic up top should be on the spec sheet too. Which is how most photos from such cameras are displayed, I would guess. So I'm looking at 2x, 2.2X, 2.5x, 3x, and 3.5x converters, and will be getting one when I find the right quality and price (no cheap Chinese stuff). Review: Does the Canon Rebel T8i DSLR make sense in an increasingly mirrorless world? So I rarely carry the 5D now, mostly due to its weight. Panasonic had a great lens on the FZ50,fantastic construction and range despite its small size.The lens was let down by the sensor performance. like how Fujifilm does with the X100. Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ82 18.1MP 60x Zoom 4K Digital Camera – Black from BT Shop. Something very close is the Sony RX100 however both zoom range AND aperture are not adequate, but at least they tried. A fantastic dream option would be a higher end version with much better EVF and LCD screen like that in the FZ200. While they were out shooting their video about Sigma's new lenses, Chris and Jordan filled up a memory card with photos from the 35mm F2 DG DN using Panasonic bodies. On the tele you can always crop and get the same prespective as with a longer zoom - but you can never get the wider angle. And its light too. Today, at its Snapdragon Tech Summit, Qualcomm revealed the details of its new Snapdragon 888 system on a chip (SoC) that, amongst performance and battery improvements, offers an array of impressive photographer features, should Android smartphone manufacturers choose to make the most of them. The zoom on the FZ70 is particularly bad, because Panasonic had "forgot" to put a servo zoom toggle switch on the lens barrel itself. We're glad you asked. Panasonic has announced the Lumix DMC-FZ70, a 16.1MP compact superzoom with a 60x optical zoom. That's a lot of effort for $399. Optically the FZ70 delivers from its amazing 20mm wide-angle to 1,200mm (60X) long zoom, making it a category class leader*. Best Mid-Range Full Frame Mirrorless: Canon R6, Sony a7 III, Nikon Z6 II, Panasonic S5. At 20mm the lens captures a nearly 140% wider angle of view compared with a 24mm lens. When we first reported on the alleged ransomware attack back in August, Canon said it was 'investigating the situation.' Well done Lumix, you've made a sale. Personally I think that even shooting at "only" 10x, unassisted by something like a tripod, is sailing very close to the wind.