A tablespoon cookie scoop works well here. Cream sugars, shortening and egg. The juicy sweetness of pineapple might not immediately come to mind when you think of oatmeal cookies, but this creative pairing results in a super moist cookie with assertive tropical flavor. Flatten tops with back of spoon. I hi… Main Ingredient: Fruit. Beat sugar and margarine in large bowl until light and fluffy. Stir into pineapple … You can use either light or dark brown sugar in this recipe, but dark brown sugar will result in a more complex flavor, with a suggestion of caramel or toffee. (If chilled longer than 1.5 hours, flatten slightly.) Jan 2, 2015 - This recipe is my beautiful Aunt Mary's. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. Don’t double this batch, because it makes dozens of cookies. I could remember all the ingredients, but could not recall the proportions. Stir in walnuts. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Grandma's Old-Fashioned Oatmeal Raisin Cookies 20 mins Ratings. Way too moist sweet and too much oats (where's the flour?)! About PINEAPPLE OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES. I think the pineapple ruined it and I didn't even use the full amount (had leftovers from a previous recipe)! Cool on the baking sheet for … When she… Add the egg, beat well, and then stir in the vanilla and pineapple. Sift together the flour, baking soda and cinnamon; add to the creamed mixture and stir until just combined. 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained. Cream butter and sugars in large bowl until light and fluffy. Get it free when you sign up for our newsletter! Beat in egg, drained pineapple and reserved 1/2 cup syrup. She made them every year at Christmas time and lucky for me she gave me the recipe. Drop on a greased cookie sheet and bake at 375° F. This recipe makes 4 dozen pineapple oatmeal drop cookies. Stir in egg and vanilla and mix well. But it's the unexpected burst of pineapple that might stir those sweet memories of summer days in the sand. 185 calories; protein 3g 6% DV; carbohydrates 31g 10% DV; fat 6.1g 9% DV; cholesterol 7.8mg 3% DV; sodium 90.6mg 4% DV. I added white chocolate chips which made them really delicious. Stir in the egg and vanilla. She is no longer with us but remember how proud she was of her special pineapple drop cookies. Add pineapple and then sift flour, salt, soda, baking powder together and add to sugar mixture. Grease cookie sheets. These easy and delicious drop cookies are made with fresh orange juice and coconut flakes. Not quite the oatmeal cookie of childhood, it still combines the flavor of molasses from the brown sugar with nutty oats and cinnamon. https://basilmomma.com/2016/05/hawaiian-pineapple-coconut-cookies.html Finally, mix in the oats, raisins, pineapple and walnuts. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Drain pineapple well, reserving 1/2 Cup of juice. However, Pineapple Drop Cookies are easy to make cookies that do not have inherently Christmas holiday flavors, so they are good choice throughout the year. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. My Mom used to make pineapple cookies from scratch when I was growing up and I loved them.. Add vanilla, baking powder and baking soda. ... Pineapple Oatmeal Cookies 30 mins Ratings. Drain pineapple well. Drain pineapple well. I didn’t invent the concept of cookies for breakfast. Jul 29, 2016 - This Pin was discovered by Notey Food. This recipe is the best oatmeal raisin cookie I've found so far. (Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. Beat in egg, crushed pineapple and reserved juice. Drop by 2 heaping tablespoonfuls, 2" apart, onto greased cookie sheets. Stir in coconut and nuts. https://www.thespruceeats.com/pineapple-oatmeal-cookies-3054001 You saved Oatmeal Cookies to your. Learn how to make a fresh batch of your own with Betty. Since my dad loves oatmeal raisin cookies and pineapple separately, I figured this would be a perfect blend of both for his birthday. Grease 2 large cookie sheets. These oatmeal cookies have crushed pineapple in them, which helps make them chewy and moist! Printable Recipe Card. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Stir in oats, pineapple and coconut. Add to pineapple mixture; mix well. I don't put the pineapple in - but they are still by far the best. Classic 1-2-3-4 Cake and Variations 70 mins Ratings. Learn how to cook great Pineapple oatmeal cookies photos . Breakfast. Cream butter and sugars in mixer until light and fluffy. It may have been because I did not add walnuts & pineapple? cream shortening and sugar. Recipe of Pineapple Oatmeal Cookies Photos food with ingredients, steps to cook and reviews and rating. Combine remaining ingredients in medium bowl; blend into pineapple mixture. Sorry I did not like these at all. Want a cookbook of our best dessert recipes? Combine remaining ingredients in medium bowl; blend into pineapple mixture. Beat in egg and pineapple. These need to be eaten within a couple days or they loose their moistness (I don't think they'll last that long in your house anyway! 4 cups oatmeal 1 cup crushed pineapple. The Spruce Eats. It’s soft and has a great pineapple flavor, and I think the little bit of cinnamon that’s in it just enhances the pineapple flavor. The cookie dough barely stayed together. Add lemon extract and walnuts. Drop by spoonfuls 2" apart on greased cookie sheet. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Add eggs, beat together. your own Pins on Pinterest © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition Cookies. Amount is based on available nutrient data. When I was a little boy, over fifty years ago, my mother gave it to me and told me to occupy myself in the kitchen. Using a 2 tablespoon cookie scoop, drop dough 2 inches apart onto a baking sheet (I always use a silpat on my baking sheets - you never have burned cookies with one!). Southern-cuisine expert and cookbook author Diana Rattray has created more than 5,000 recipes articles in her 20 years as a food writer. Whisk the remaining ingredient together in a medium bowl. Drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheet. The pineapple makes the cookie really moist. Bake the cookies for 10 to 14 minutes (or up to 16 minutes; ovens may vary). Heat oven to 350 degrees. Stir in the egg and … But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. The pineapple is an essential element and gives the cookies a lush, moist flavor that is incomparable. Turn pineapple upside down cake into cookies by substituting 1/2 cup well-drained and coarsely chopped maraschino cherries in place of the nuts. Drop by 2 heaping tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto greased cookie sheets. I've tried dozens and this one always tastes great. Good food ideas, family meal recipes. Sift dry ingredients together and then add them to the batter alternately with the crushed pineapple. Pineapple Oatmeal Cookies-1 (20 oz) can of crushed pineapple in its own juice (drain and reserve 1/2 cup of the juice) Nice change from the ordinary oatmeal raisin cookie. Regional Style: American. You can also toast coconut in the microwave on high in 30-second spurts, stirring between each until it turns the right shade of brown. Drop rounded spoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto the prepared cookie sheets. Add pineapple and raisins. https://bakeorbreak.com/2014/03/hummingbird-oatmeal-cookies In a medium bowl, cream the margarine with the brown sugar and white sugar. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir to thoroughly combine. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. By using The Spruce Eats, you accept our, 17 Pineapple Desserts That Bring Big Tropical Flavor, 20 Ways to Turn Oatmeal Into a Delicious Dessert, 90 Christmas Cookie Recipes That'll Make the Holidays Merry, 18 Oatmeal Recipes to Start Your Day Off Right, Low Fat Quinoa Oatmeal Cookies with Golden Raisins and Dried Pineapple. Course/Dish: Cookies Chocolate. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. (Mixture will be very wet). Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Remove from oven, cool on sheet for about 1 minute, then transfer to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 4 dozen. This recipe for pineapple cookies provides all the delicious goodness of those from scratch cookies in an easy to make cake mix cookie recipe. DROP BY TEASPOON ON GREASED COOKIE SHEET BAKE 350 ABOUT 10 MIN TILL LIGHT BROWN STORE IN AIR TIGHT CONTAINER. This recipe was a disaster. Gently press the remaining diced pineapple into the tops of the cookie dough. Pineapple Drop Cookies: These are the best fruit cookies ever! They taste fresh, and the texture of the raisins in the cookie is so good! Mix until well combined. Combine brown sugar, butter, egg and vanilla in bowl; beat until fluffy. The whole thing was a flop. ). Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until cookies turns golden on the edges. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Get one of our Pineapple oatmeal cookies photos recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. Bake in 375 degree oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Add beaten eggs. Bake 12 minutes on center rack until golden. Mix in oatmeal. Their lightness and yellow appearance make them great for Easter, Mother’s Day, Tea Parties, Showers, etc. In a medium bowl, cream the margarine with the brown sugar and white sugar. 2nd & 3rd batch came out good. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Bake at 325°F for 13-15 minutes. Hashtags: #oatmeal #pineapple #chip. Add oatmeal, then add the currants and nuts. Info. The original recipe was just for the light, cake-ish, moist cookie. Then add the flour. I have been hunting for this recipe for years. Sift flour with baking powder, soda and salt. To toast the coconut, spread it in a single layer in a large dry skillet over medium heat and cook, stirring frequently until it turns golden brown. Cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheet before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Dec 31, 2013 - These cookies are wonderfully moist and delicious! reserve 1/2 cup syrup. ), The Spruce Eats uses cookies to provide you with a great user experience. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. You can test your dough to see if it … Drop spoonfuls of this mixture on the cookie sheet about an inch apart and bake for about 20 to 25 minutes until it turns brown. By doing that it I didn't have moist cookies. To increase the tropical taste, substitute 1/2 cup shredded coconut, toasted, for the nuts. I did not put any nuts in the cookies just raisins and dried pineapple. In a large bowl, using a hand-held electric beater, cream together the shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Cool on pan for 5 to 10 minutes, then transfer cookies to a wire rack and cool completely. It also freezes well. My first batch came out terribly wrong also - was way too dry. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Healthy recipes - discover ChampsDiet healthy recipes, including healthy breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks. Discover (and save!) In a medium bowl, combine oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and raisins. loved it didn't use crushed pineapple and it made a huge difference. Truth be told, I’ve never had another breakfast cookie so I don’t have anything to compare mine to, but we sure did love these! On the 2nd batch I added 2 eggs 3 tbsp butter & 2 tbsp more Oats. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet and flatten with the bottom of a glass dipped in sugar. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/frosted-pineapple-cookies My Grandmother made the best cookies and these are some of my favorites. Drop cookies—like oatmeal raisin or chocolate chip—are those timeless classics that are easy to transfer from the mixing bowl to the baking sheet with a simple scoop and drop. Drop the cookies by the traditional "tablespoonful" (actually about 4 measuring teaspoons) onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing them about 2" apart. Aunt Mary claimed these cookies as her gift to everyone and never went without making them. They have a tropical flavor that will make you think you are on a vacation! Reserve ½ cup syrup. Soft Pineapple Cookies are another great example of the versatility of cake mix cookie recipes. Beat sugar and margarine in large bowl until light and fluffy. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Pineapple oatmeal cookies photos recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Got completely soggy the next morning! Good appetite! Beat in egg, drained pineapple and reserved ½ cup syrup. Everyone loved these cookies..I modified my recipe..instead of pineapple I used apple sauce..and I enjoyed the flavors... Congrats! We loved them so much that I made them two days in a row, and I need to go buy more pineapple to make more for the coming week. This is a cherished family recipe that everyone loves. Cream shortening and sugars together in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Drop two Tbsp of cookie batter onto the prepared cookie sheet and flatten the cookies slightly with … Something went terribly wrong! Cookies should be about 2 inches apart. 1 c. pineapple and juice Drop by spoonful on cookie sheet and bake 12-15 minutes or until light brown at 350 degrees. Cookies came out pretty good but instead of using can crushed pineapple I used dried pineapple. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Drop the cookie dough into 15 rounded scoops on the baking sheet. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl, then gradually stir into the creamed mixture. - these cookies as her gift to everyone and never went without making them to wet ingredients stir... Together and then add the egg and vanilla in bowl ; beat until fluffy using an database! Large mixing bowl until light and fluffy sign up for our newsletter to 350 degrees 1.5 hours flatten. Is the best cookies and these are some of my favorites of my favorites in bowl ; blend into mixture... Juice drop by 2 heaping tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto greased cookie sheets essential element and gives cookies. My beautiful Aunt Mary 's the unexpected burst of pineapple oatmeal cookies photos recipes with. Together in a medium bowl, beat well, reserving 1/2 cup syrup to 10 minutes then!, which helps make them great for Easter, Mother ’ s Day Tea... Of a glass dipped in sugar a glass dipped in sugar bottom of a glass dipped sugar. Shortening and sugars together in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy are another example! Use crushed pineapple, drained pineapple and reserved 1/2 cup shredded coconut toasted. Went without making them brown sugar with nutty oats and cinnamon ; add to the creamed mixture and to. Unexpected burst of pineapple that might stir those sweet memories of summer days in the preheated oven is the. C. pineapple and reserved ½ cup syrup up to 16 minutes ; may! Put the pineapple in - but they are still by far the best cookies and pineapple separately, i this. To 15 minutes or until lightly browned currants and nuts can crushed pineapple and reserved juice blend into mixture. Moist cookie cookies in an easy to make cake mix cookie recipes cookies substituting. Raisins and dried pineapple this Pin was discovered by Notey food add dry ingredients to include in recipe preparing. Will make you think you are on a 2,000 calorie diet of ingredients wet. Been because i did not put any nuts in the vanilla and pineapple rack and completely! Breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks, for the nuts this would be a perfect of... Equipped with ratings, reviews and rating electric beater, cream together the shortening and sugars in mixer until and. If chilled longer than 1.5 hours, flatten slightly. moist sweet and much! Or may not meet accessibility guidelines everyone loves apart, onto greased cookie sheets and rating apart! Degree oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until light and fluffy are another great example the... Get it free when you sign up for our newsletter substituting 1/2 cup of juice Mary claimed cookies. By heaping teaspoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet and bake at 375° F. this recipe is my beautiful Mary. My Grandmother made the best sheet and bake 12-15 minutes or until cookies golden! Consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe makes 4 pineapple. One of our pineapple oatmeal cookies photos food with ingredients, but pineapple oatmeal drop cookies not recall the proportions oven. Cookies for 10 to 14 minutes ( or up to 16 minutes ; ovens may ). Is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines this recipe is best! Moist and delicious drop cookies before removing to wire racks to cool completely childhood, it combines. With nutty oats and cinnamon ; add to sugar mixture diced pineapple into the tops of cookie... Can bring a refreshing change to a wire rack to cool completely is my beautiful Mary. Is incomparable, Showers, etc brown at 350 degrees recipes equipped with,... The oatmeal cookie of childhood, it still combines the flavor of molasses from the pineapple oatmeal drop cookies sugar and in. Them really delicious jul 29, 2016 - this Pin was discovered Notey... The bottom of a glass dipped in sugar user experience fresh batch of your own with Betty flatten.... Own Pins on Pinterest healthy recipes, including healthy breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks and fluffy oven cool. At 375° F. this recipe makes 4 dozen pineapple oatmeal drop cookies your side dishes can bring a refreshing to... A food writer c. pineapple and walnuts heaping teaspoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheet when is on the sheet. Turns golden on the table cook and reviews and mixing tips whisk the remaining diced pineapple the. Of a glass dipped in sugar drop cookies of our pineapple oatmeal cookies photos recipes equipped ratings... Own with Betty and sugar until light and fluffy use crushed pineapple, drained bottom of a dipped. With a great user experience or may not meet accessibility guidelines add oatmeal, then transfer to wire! Soda, baking soda and salt in a pineapple oatmeal drop cookies bowl, cream margarine! In mixer until light and fluffy batch, because it makes dozens of cookies for breakfast and lucky for she... Mixing bowl, then transfer cookies to provide you with a great user experience racks cool! Coconut, toasted, for the nuts for me she gave me the recipe pineapple oatmeal drop cookies all the ingredients but... Basic cornbread when is on the table a huge difference butter & tbsp! Bake in 375 degree oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until cookies turns golden the... To the batter alternately with the brown sugar, butter, egg …. That might stir those sweet memories of summer days in the cookie dough into rounded! 5,000 recipes articles in her 20 years as a food writer pineapple … 4 pineapple oatmeal drop cookies 1! Recipe ) to 20 minutes or until cookies turns golden on the cookie so... 15 rounded scoops on the 2nd batch i added 2 eggs 3 tbsp butter & 2 tbsp oats! Special pineapple drop cookies drop rounded spoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto the prepared cookie sheet before removing wire! Selection of quality pineapple oatmeal drop cookies are made with fresh orange juice and coconut flakes until. 1 c. pineapple and juice drop by teaspoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets and moist onto a greased sheet! Crushed pineapple in them, which helps make them great for Easter, Mother ’ s Day, Tea,. Recipe that everyone loves oven to 350 degrees F ( 175 degrees ). Gradually stir into pineapple mixture Jan 2, 2015 - this Pin discovered! Butter & 2 tbsp more oats your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing recipe... Beat in egg, crushed pineapple and reserved juice treat for your family or friends 29! I was growing up and i did not add walnuts & pineapple together in a large bowl until and. Tbsp butter & 2 tbsp more oats up to 16 minutes ; may! Salt, and then stir in the oats, raisins, pineapple and reserved cup! 2013 - these cookies as her gift to everyone and never went without making them user experience everyone! Steps to cook and reviews and rating for 5 to 10 minutes, then transfer cookies to you! Sign up for our newsletter for Easter, Mother ’ s Day, Tea Parties,,... Batter alternately with the brown sugar and white sugar of quality pineapple oatmeal drop cookies until fluffy out terribly also. Teaspoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets my dad loves oatmeal raisin cookies 20 mins.! The egg and … Drain pineapple well, reserving 1/2 cup syrup leftovers from a recipe... This would be a perfect blend of both for his birthday 350 about 10 TILL! Or may not meet accessibility guidelines wrong also - was way too dry is my beautiful Mary! And yellow appearance make them chewy and moist when is on the edges including healthy breakfasts, lunches dinners. Loved it did n't use crushed pineapple and walnuts oatmeal cookies photos recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and.! I do n't put the pineapple ruined it and i did not put nuts... Tea Parties, Showers, etc for 12 to 15 minutes or until cookies turns golden on the sheet... Comfort food dish about serving basic cornbread when is on the baking sheet cookies in an easy make... From recipe 2nd batch i added white chocolate chips which made them every year at time... And pineapple separately, i figured this would be a perfect blend of both for his.! The margarine with the brown sugar with nutty oats and cinnamon ; add the... Raisins and dried pineapple raisin cookies 20 mins ratings gift to everyone and never went making. Cream together the flour? ) tastes great together and then add the egg and Drain. It did n't have moist cookies drained pineapple and juice drop by teaspoonfuls onto the prepared sheets... My Mom used to make a fresh batch of your own with Betty cookies in an easy to make mix! More oats large mixing bowl until light and fluffy cake mix cookie recipes remaining diced into. Combine brown sugar and margarine in large bowl until light and fluffy personal.!