These pumpkin pie bars are the perfect healthy dessert for an autumn gathering. Pumpkin Bars. Yum!! Check out my healthy pumpkin muffins and healthy pumpkin brownies. We’re here for it with pumpkin picking, and pumpkin decorating, and pumpkin creamer, but most of all with pumpkin cake. Healthy Pumpkin Bars These healthy Pumpkin Bars are 100% whole grain with a simple maple cream cheese frosting. Bake these a bit longer (about 40 minutes) than traditional pumpkin bars and at a lower temperature (325°F instead of 350°F) to achieve the right finished texture – airy, tender, and chewy. Some lumps are okay. Pour the batter into a 9×13 cake pan lined with parchment paper. Gluten Free + Low Calorie. 1 teaspoon salt. It is no secret that I love all things pumpkin! This page may contain affiliate links. The crust is made from almond flour, warm fall spices, and maple syrup. These Healthy Pumpkin Bars have all the delicious flavors of a classic pumpkin pie without having to make a pie crust and are the best dessert for fall! I haven’t tested the recipe with any egg substitutes. Part cake, part bar, 100% snack or breakfast delight, these healthy(ish) pumpkin bars are moist, crumbly, and pumpkin-spiced AF. Pumpkin season has arrived and we are HERE. Must Make Vegan Pumpkin Pie Bars made with coconut milk, pumpkin puree, comforting spices and all in an almond flour crust. Rest assured, we only endorse products we own and truly love! 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon. Fell free to use any amount you seem fitting. Your email address will not be published. Whisk together flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, cloves, salt, baking powder, and baking soda; set … Welcome to Our Salty Kitchen! Healthy Pumpkin Bars with oatmeal, almond flour and chocolate chips. Ingredients for Healthy Pumpkin Bars. Learn how your comment data is processed. Rich, creamy and easy to make – it’s a show stopper for your … Nice, not too sweet. Made with pumpkin puree, coconut flour, maple syrup, and warm, cozy spices they’re gluten-free, grain-free, … Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just barely combined. Place almond butter, pumpkin, banana, maple syrup, and vanilla in a medium bowl. shortening, cinnamon, flour, baking soda, chocolate chips, baking powder and 8 more. Where did your recipe go for pumpkin blondies using chickpea, dates, oat flour and chocolate chips. Pumpkin—our favorite fall ingredient—lends layers of delicate sweetness and spice to some of our top-rated bar recipes, combining with everything from ginger and molasses to chocolate and cream … PRO TIPS FOR MAKING PUMPKIN PIE BARS: Plan ahead. I made these today and by far the best healthy pumpkin bars I have tried. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices in a large bowl then … They really are a delicious autumn treat! It has not been evaluated by the FDA and is not intended to diagnose, treat, prevent, or cure any disease. I’ve had the best results with this recipe… My name is Olena Osipov. (8 … These lightened up pumpkin spice bars are mega moist, perfectly spiced, and simple to prepare. I am going to use 2 teaspoons. Add chocolate chips and give a few stirs with a spatula. Hey! May contain affiliate links.See our Privacy Policy and disclosure. Healthy family recipes with simple ingredients. Now for over 10 years, I cook quick and easy healthy meals for my family. Using a bowl in the microwave or a double boiler on the stove, melt together the cream cheese and … The bars are … Remove the cake pan from the oven and rest in the pan 5 minutes. We create real food for real people. Transfer to previously prepared baking dish and level with spatula. Freeze: You can absolutely freeze baked and cooled bars the same day they are made to ensure maximum freshness. Join today and start saving your favorite recipes, Our “happiness” software deletes rude comments without publishing, so we can keep on happily cooking delicious recipes for you. Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins (Sugar Free, Kid Friendly) | Our Salty Kitchen, Easy Homemade Fig Bar Recipe | Our Salty Kitchen, Paleo Pumpkin Bread with Spiced Swirl (Gluten Free) | Our Salty Kitchen, Hooray! The first batch was gone in less than 24 hours – the bars are really that good! Get your pumpkin flavor fix with these diabetic-friendly Pumpkin Bars. Whisk together a can of pumpkin puree with eggs, maple syrup instead of sugar, and olive oil instead of canola or vegetable oil. Hope that works for you! Try making your own pumpkin pie spice… Follow @ifoodreal on Instagram, snap a photo, and tag it #ifoodreal. Freeze in freezer safe bags for up to 3 months. Our whole foods recipes are seasonal, locally sourced, and simply prepared. Perfect Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars Rating: Unrated 77 These pumpkin cheesecake bars … Recipes and images are a copyright of ifoodreal.com. Start by separately mixing the dry and wet ingredients. If you’re worried about them sticking, spray the paper with olive oil just to be on the safe side. There is an explanation in the post above the recipe. Nutritional info is provided for informational purposes only and to the best knowledge. Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. You give a little here and take a little there so your pants don’t yell at your and say “lay off the freakin’ cake woman!”. I started this blog in 2012 when I ended up at home with 2 small kids unemployed and a wee bit chubby. Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, which means we receive a small commission if you make a purchase using these links. if you make a purchase using these links. IT. Fall is my favorite time of year and I look forward to making all the healthier pumpkin … Use a spatula to spread the batter into an even layer. A moist and tender olive oil batter. Let’s bake! I'm a mom to 2 boys and a wife to Alex. That’s right my friends, healthy pumpkin bars are here, and they are the reason for the fall season. 2 cups sifted all purpose flour. The coconut sugar will caramelize on the top of the cake for a satisfying crackly crunch factor. And this is our healthy family recipes blog. This recipe for pumpkin bars made with applesauce will have you thinking of autumn all year long! Finally, the third batch lasted long enough for me to photograph. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line square baking dish with unbleached parchment paper and spray with cooking spray. I’m very impressed with this and its going into my regular rotation. […] Healthy(ish) Pumpkin Bars from Our Salty Kitchen […], Your email address will not be published. Store: It is best to keep these in a container in a cool place. It helps keep iFOODreal recipes free. Served it to 9 people, 4 adults and 5 teenagers. The parchment paper will help you lift the bars from the pan with ease. Can you guess what I am? A crumbly spiced crust. Rest assured, we only endorse products we own and truly love! ifoodrealcom.bigscoots-staging.com is a participant of Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Compromise. Enjoy these keto pumpkin bars plain, or topped with your favorite … Your email address will not be published. A nutty pecan topping. I confess, we couldn’t wait 2 hours for them to cool so my husband and I grabbed spoons and ate a few bites while they were hot. Preheat oven to 350F then prepare a 10×15 inch jelly roll pan by greasing or lining with parchment paper. I’m so excited to try your recipes, however my daughter is severely allergic to egg. Is there an egg substitute you would recommend? I’m excited to begin working my way through these delicious recipes! 1. Hello! Click here to save these Healthy Pumpkin Bars to your Fall Recipes board on Pinterest. Line a 9x13 cake pan with parchment paper. Hi Kate! But like most things in life, sometimes you gotta compromise. A delicious guilt free treat on a chilly fall day that the entire family will love! Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 25 to 30 … Healthy Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars is a low calorie cheesecake dessert recipe made higher protein and with a gluten free crust! In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs for 10 seconds. I'm a mom to 2 boys and a wife to Alex. 1 cup vegetable oil. Whisk in the maple syrup and olive oil until evenly distributed and smooth. Add pumpkin puree, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, vanilla, baking soda and salt; whisk until well combined. And that, my friends, is the not-so-very scientific explanation of how things like healthy pumpkin bars are born. 1 teaspoon baking soda. These gluten free pumpkin bars are brimming with heart-healthy fats from almond flour and nut butter. Spray with coconut or olive oil spray. Thanks. But I know other readers have used flax eggs. Looking for more Fall baking recipes? You assume full responsibility and liability for your own actions. ABOUT US      CONTACT US      PRIVACY POLICY, cashew milk, almond milk, or other dairy free milk. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until just barely combined. Or can I just use whole wheat flour? Unfortunately not. This cake keeps covered, at room temperature, for up to 3 days. Can I substitute oat flour for coconut flour or can I just use all almond flour? And this is our healthy family recipes blog. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs with the pumpkin puree until smooth. 2 teaspoons baking powder. Stir until well … Thank you! September 28, 2018 By Danielle 5 Comments. I don’t usually have oat flour on hand. Thank you! Tag @ifoodreal or #ifoodreal on Instagram. Mix dry ingredients together. Add almond and oat flours, whisk until well mixed. :) Happy to hear!:). You need vegetable oil or … I can help you with “What’s for dinner?” too. Sprinkle with the batter with the chopped pecans and coconut sugar, then pick up a drop the cake pan onto the counter a few times to encourage the pecans to slightly sink into the batter. The result is a low sugar, dairy free treat that’s decadent enough to be considered cake, and healthy … Then, pull up the cake by parchment flaps and transfer to a wire rack. I share mostly dinner recipes because it just never ends... I’m obsessed with healthy freezer meals. I grew up in Ukraine on real food. Required fields are marked *. Position a rack in the center of the oven and heat the oven to 325°F. These were really good! Your email address will not be published. You need flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Whisk together the confectioners sugar, vanilla, and nut milk until smooth. These bars are so easy to make, moist, a little bit crumbly and super filling; thanks to the almonds and oatmeal. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan. By yogurtraisin. can you use regular flour in this recipe? These bars have to cool and refrigerate for several hours for the custard to fully set, so make them plenty early enough. Only used 2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice bc 2 tblspns sounded like too much. Please see our. I can help you with “What’s for dinner?” too. Drizzle with vanilla glaze for an extra dose of fancy, or slice into squares and eat them as-is. If you make a purchase, we will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Pumpkin puree: Make sure to use pumpkin puree and NOT pumpkin pie filling (there is a difference)! Thank you! Made a recipe? It’s a thing! I was also looking for the chickpea blondes but was brought here – mind emailing me the recipe as well? Show me what you are making! You can make your own oat flour by grinding quick or rolled oats in a food processor. While incredibly delicious and perfect for the season, … Whatever works for you. Some might call them basic, but to me that’s just a synonym for “essential”. For extra texture, sprinkle the batter with chopped pecans and some coconut sugar. The Best Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bars made with gluten free oats and flour, pumpkin puree, maple syrup and chocolate for the ultimate touch.These pumpkin bars are the perfect breakfast, a snack or dessert recipe for the fall – loaded with pumpkin … Originally from Ukraine, I now reside on magic Vancouver Island in British Columbia, Canada with my family. Don’t use coconut. As an adult, I tried many diets without results. I Loved that recipe and now the link I saved brings me to a completely different pumpkin blondie recipe?? It is quick to put together and very moist. I made this exactly per the instructions. 1 2/3 cups granulated sugar. Required fields are marked *. Use whole wheat or oat flour for a gluten free version. Learn More! Yummy! Rest them in the pan for 5 minutes, then remove and rest at room temperature for an hour or so. Or use all almond flour and bake a bit longer until toothpick comes out clean. Drizzle over the cooled bars. They're secretly healthy and only require nine ingredients. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray. Disclaimer: This post and the recipe card may contain affiliate links, which means we receive a small commission (at no cost to you!) They’re also naturally sweetened with maple syrup, … This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Rest at room temperature at least 1 hour. I grew up in Ukraine on real food. Made with a gluten-free and paleo … Nothing beats a good-for-you fall treat. As an adult, I tried many diets without results. My name is Olena Osipov. Bake for 35-40 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. The result is a low sugar, dairy free treat that’s decadent enough to be considered cake, and healthy enough to pass for breakfast. We’re replacing white flour with whole wheat flour, and adding in a healthy dose of traditional pumpkin spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves). Keto Pumpkin Bars are the ultimate, low-carb pumpkin dessert. I made these healthy pumpkin bars 3 times in a week. Whisk wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves until evenly combined. FOR. Garlicky Green Beans with Crispy Shallots ». Whisk wet ingredients together. Olive oil is rich in healthy monounsaturated fats, has a citrusy, floral flavor that compliments the sweet pumpkin, and lends a dense, but still tender, crumb to the finished bars. Pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon: These are perfect fall baking spices. Now for over 10 years, I cook quick and easy healthy meals for my family. The whole cake was gone by the end of the night and no one guessed it had no refined sugar or was whole wheat flour. The information on this website is for educational purposes only. Use quality canned pumpkin. With only 90 calories per bar, this is the perfect dessert for Thanksgiving or any Fall occasion. They will last for up to 3 days (but I bet they will be eaten well before that). Healthy Pumpkin Pie Bars These pumpkin pie bars are the perfect healthy dessert for any fall occasion! 7 Low-Sugar Baked Goods to Try Right Now | Clean Plates. Remove from the oven and let cool for a couple hours or completely. Really????? Lumps are good. I’m cake’s sugar free, dairy free BFF!! Thanks for your support! Just a touch of vanilla glaze. In the kitchen. Set aside. Left out chocolate chips but added salted Carmel chips and pecans instead. Home / Healthy Dessert Recipes / Healthy Pumpkin Bars. Slice into squares and serve. You won’t be able to stop at just one! To thaw, just remove pumpkin bars from the freezer and let them defrost for a few hours or overnight. These dairy-free pumpkin pie bars are healthy dessert bars are perfect for a healthy … sounds like too much pumpkin spice….2 Tablespoons! Classic pumpkin bars get a make-over using whole wheat flour, heart healthy olive oil, and antioxidant rich maple syrup. Many are inspired by my Ukrainian heritage. Cut into 16 squares and enjoy! How to Make Healthy Pumpkin Bars Classic pumpkin bars get a make-over using whole wheat flour, heart healthy olive oil, and antioxidant rich maple syrup. I would also “risk” 1/2 cup whole wheat flour. >>> Pin it now! (15 oz) can pumpkin. STEP ONE: Add all the “bar” ingredients to a bowl – that’s the flour, sugar, baking powder & soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, cloves, oil, pumpkin, and eggs – and mix with a hand mixer for two … It is against the law to republish recipes anywhere including social media, print and all world wide web. And more than in love with my Instant Pot. Hmm, if you have oats you can grind them into flour.