Cook Time. Opt out or, cups all-purpose flour or bread flour (approximately). Smoked Mozzarella, Pancetta and Kale Pizza. 40 minutes, plus 3 to 5 hours’ marinating, 30 minutes, plus at least 8 hours’ chilling and freezing. I’ve never tried smoked mozzarella, but this sounds heavenly! I’ll keep my eye out for it. It's made with fire-roasted garlic, cilantro and ghee (clarified butter). This helps the gluten relax so it’s easier to shape. Sprinkle cheese evenly over pizza crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border. I actually tried 2 times to grow a basil plant but they keep dying because I’ve been traveling too much. This is totally not sponsored this is just me letting you know about a really baller pepperoni. All you need is sauce, a few vegetables, and cheese and you are good to go. This site contains affiliate links to products. The information shown is Edamam’s estimate based on available ingredients and preparation. Arrange kale over cheese. day. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again – New York pizza is not my favorite. Or can other varieties offer mozzarella’s signature meltability, but with a richer, more complex flavor? Also, shout out to. I used to make pizza all the time but was actually shocked when I saw that I hadn’t made pizza for the blog since I made my Mediterranean tuna salad flatbread back in February of 2018. Sprinkle the top with Parmesan cheese and cut into 8 slices. Mozzarella is the most commonly used cheese for pizza because of its stretchy texture, the fact that it bubbles when heated, and low oil content that means it browns nicely. Get recipes, tips and NYT special offers delivered straight to your inbox. Rating: Unrated Be the first to rate & review! Food; Smoked Foods Offer A 'Haunting Edge'. Top with thin slices of smoked mozzarella cheese, sprinkle on some crushed pepper and shove that baby into a hot oven! 6-8 thin slices fresh smoked mozzarella cheese. Preheat oven to 425 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat liner. shredded mozzarella cheese, fresh spinach, Italian pizza crust and 4 more Caprese Salad Topped Smoked Sausage Sandwich Hillshire Farm balsamic vinegar, grape tomatoes, chopped fresh basil, salt, olive oil and 4 more Join me on a journey through my sweet and savory life! NYT Cooking is a subscription service of The New York Times. I’m using fig two … One of life’s sublime experiences is grabbing a triangle of hot pizza and seeing melted cheese stretch itself into aromatic strands as your hand moves from pan to mouth. I like to leave 1/2 to 1 inch of space for the crust but that is really a personal call. I’m a sucker for fresh oregano and of course, summer is all about basil. Arrange the grilled tomatoes in a single layer on each circle of dough. I’m guessing in a pinch pre-grated smoked mozzarella cheese would work but the taste might be slightly different. Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram using the hashtag #nutmegnanny, Apple Butter Blue Cheese Pancetta Pizza | Nutmeg Nanny, Roasted Garlic Chicken Pizza | Nutmeg Nanny, One of the best pizzas I have ever had the pleasure of making and eating was with smoked mozzarella cheese, love smoked Mozzarella on just about anything. Devour. Place in the oven and bake 10 minutes. If you like a touch of heat, a pinch or two of crushed red pepper is a nice addition. Who wants to eat pizza folded in half? It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice. Recipe makes 8 Servings 1 Central Market Frozen Pizza Crust . Burrata looks like a regular ball of mozzarella until you slice into it and a decadent … Dust a work surface with some of the remaining flour and knead the dough until it is smooth and elastic, adding additional flour if necessary. My husband is one of those people who would eat pizza every. I’m not even complaining, I love pizza too. 15 minutes. For that spicy kick, simply add sriracha sauce to the cheese sauce base for a spicy reddish roux. Bake the crust for 12 minutes until golden. Scatter half of the smoked mozzarella evenly over the dough, then arrange half the lemon slices on top. But don’t worry, you can use buffalo mozzarella though i must admit the results will greatly differ. Sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese, then the Parmesan cheese, and bake until the cheese is melted and bubbling and the dough has browned, 10 to 15 minutes longer. I just happen to really love crust. Food; Smoked Foods Offer A 'Haunting Edge'. My absolute favorite part about this pie is all the fresh herbs I sprinkled on the top. Place the dough in a lighly oiled bowl, turn it once in the bowl, cover loosely and set aside to rise until doubled, about one hour. Cooking BBQ Chicken Pizza with Smoked Mozzarella. And if you really need pepperoni on your pizza you have to try the pepperoni from Vermont Smoke & Cure. A funky twist to add to your pizza night repertoire, this Harissa Pizza with Smoked Mozzarella, Tomatoes and Prosciutto is spicy, salty, smoky and spectacular! Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Smoked mozzarella mushroom pizza recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. single. If it’s not stored in water it might be wrapped in plastic wrap and should feel squishy and wet to the touch. I did say it serves 4 but to be honest Art and I can eat this whole pie. It’s just so damn floppy. Since it's baked in a tandoor oven this flatbread has a smoky taste and a light char. With a prep time of just 5 minutes, you can have a healthy and hearty pizza … Sprinkle with a little remaining olive oil, garnish with basil leaves and serve at once. This pizza has an addicting combo of sweet figs and smoky mozzarella cheese, along with some tangy balsamic vinegar and peppery arugula. Roll and stretch the dough to fit the pans, leaving a slightly thicker border. I don’t have smoked mozzarella. ), then weeknight dinners are a breeze. Fresh mozzarella is usually found in the gourmet cheese section and is a round ball often found in sitting in water in a plastic container. For the dough: Combine the bread flour, 00 flour, salt and yeast in a mixer with a hook attachment. Posted on July 19, 2019 Categories Pizza. Because the ham and smoked mozzarella are explosive together. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Drizzle top with remaining tablespoon of butter. Wrap bread round in foil and bake for 30 minutes then open foil … Subscribe now for full access. Serves. If you’re not a fan of smoked mozzarella you can always use non-smoked and the directions would still be the same. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe. ©2020 NUTMEG NANNY. Though it is fun to use homemade dough, frozen dough works well, too. Smoked Mozzarella & Prosciutto Breakfast Pizza is an easy recipe for a homemade breakfast pizza.Made with store bought pizza crusts topped with pesto, prosciutto, smoked mozzarella and tomatoes, and then an egg, our smoked mozzarella pizza bakes in the oven. Place in the oven and bake 10 minutes. This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Put an oven rack in the center of the oven. If they are large give them a rough chop. It is a digital cookbook and cooking guide alike, available on all platforms, that helps home cooks of every level discover, save and organize the world’s best recipes, while also helping them become better, more competent cooks. Let your dough sit out until it’s room temperature. Drizzle with the oil and sprinkle with half of the basil and grated cheese. I don’t want grease running off my pizza. I'm a small town girl who left the cornfields of Ohio for the rolling hills of the Hudson Valley region of New York. Flatten dough using fingertips and palm, starting from the … My grocery store had freshly smoked mozzarella and it’s wrapped in plastic and slightly less wet than traditional mozzarella but it should still be soft. Preheat oven to 425 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat liner. 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil . Let’s find out. Burrata Cheese. In the end, you’re just looking for something that isn’t a hard ball that would have to be grated in order to even use. Combine the Smoked Mozzarella and Parmesan together and stuff slits of bread with cheese. Sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese, then the Parmesan cheese, and bake until the cheese is … Remove from the oven and sprinkle the top with the desired amount of fresh oregano and basil leaves. Bake directly on top oven rack until cheese is melted and crust is crisp, about 9 minutes. Beat until smooth. A few years back I found a recipe on a blog for smoked mozzarella pizza with lemon. | NutmegNanny - Trellis on Trellis Framework by Mediavine. Smoked cheese, earthy kale and salty pancetta make for an incredibly delicious and unique pizza. Before I moved to New York I did not have a lot of opportunities to try fresh mozzarella. It really hits all the flavor notes. Add remaining flour, one-half cup at a time, and mix until the dough leaves the sides of the bowl. Thirty minutes before cooking the pizza, put your pizza stone in … Dissolve yeast and sugar in water in a large bowl and set aside to proof for five minutes. Since the pizza crust or naan is already pre-cooked, the actual cooking time for this pizza is pretty minimal. "Slacker's Smoked Beef Brisket Pizza" This is a simple yet great recipe for when you want pizza and … Featured in: Is mozzarella really the best cheese for pizza? Smoked Mozzarella Lemon Pizza. If you’re in the market for even more delicious homemade pizza recipes you have to check out a few of these beauties: This smoked mozzarella pizza is topped with a light layer of marinara sauce, freshly smoked mozzarella cheese, fresh herbs and a sprinkle of grated Parmesan. Well, that’s a shame. When the yeast mixture becomes frothy add the salt, two tablespoons of the olive oil, the pepper and one cup of the flour. 15 minutes. Don’t tell my other plants. Divide the dough into two or four equal portions, depending on the number of pans you are using. The rest of the bold flavors come from the fire-roasted tomatoes, jalapeños, Gruyere, blue cheese and smoked mozzarella. Yes, the pizza will be delicious, but with smoked mozzarella it … It's packed full of flavor and cooks in just about 20 minutes. Pizza del Papa (Butternut Squash and Smoked Mozzarella Pizza) https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/smoked-mozzarella-mushroom-pizza This post may include affiliate links. My food is influenced by my small town roots as well as my many travels around the world. You could, of course, use homemade or store-bought pizza … You can spread it out in a circle or get wild and go with a more rectangle shape. Smoked mozzarella mushroom pizza recipe. Spread your favorite marinara or pizza sauce onto the dough. Fold over the edges into a crust and drizzle with olive oil. Chipotle Chicken Burgers Topped with Mango Salsa. To make this Plum and Smoked Mozzarella Pizza, this is what you do: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and prepare a sheet pan. Welcome to Nutmeg Nanny! There should be some flour left. While the dough is rising, slice the tomatoes about one-quarter-inch thick, place them on a broiler pan, brush with one tablespoon of the remaining oil and broil until lightly browned around the edges. My favorite homemade pizza is made on Garlic Naan Bread. Pre-heat your oven to 450 degrees. Spread the marinara sauce over the dough leaving 1-inch from the edge clear of sauce. When the dough has doubled, preheat oven to 475 degrees. Set aside. Roll the crust out into a thin circle and place on the sheet pan. 30 minutes. If you have never made homemade pizza before you’re going to LOVE how easy it is to make. Total Time. These benefits make Mozzarella a great addition to any pizza, but just because it’s … If you keep pizza dough in your freezer (you do keep pizza dough in your freezer, right? Smoked Mozzarella and Chorizo Pizza. … If you’re like me and had no clue of the difference between fresh and the grated mozzarella in a bag here are a few tips. It’s packed full of flavor and cooks in just about 20 minutes. Lightly oil four eight- or nine-inch baking pans or two pizza pans and dust with corn meal. Rate and Review | Read Reviews (1) Prep Time. It will shrink back but you should be able to gently shape it into a size that could be cut into 8 nice size slices. They’ll hate me. Learn how to cook great Smoked mozzarella mushroom pizza . Don’t get frustrated when shaping the dough. We may receive a commission for … This smoked mozzarella pizza is topped with a light layer of marinara sauce, freshly smoked mozzarella cheese, fresh herbs and a sprinkle of grated Parmesan. But, when it comes to homemade pizza I’m pretty much game for ANYTHING as long as it’s not greasy and floppy. I just get sick of all of the normal New York style pizza options. Kale and Smoked Mozzarella Pizza Kale and Smoked Mozzarella Pizza. Place dough on a lightly floured surface. Preheat the oven to 475 degrees F. Sprinkle a heavy … Spread out dough onto the prepared baking sheet and set aside. I love crispy pizza with a crunchy crust that is only lightly covered in sauce and sprinkled with just the right amount of cheese. Top with mozzarella slices and crushed red pepper. Plus, I had a lot of smoked mozzarella to use up so pizza was calling my name. Arrange the grilled tomatoes in a single layer on each circle of dough. JUMP TO RECIPE. 8 People Ingredients. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the dough is fully cooked and the cheese is melted and lightly browned. About basil a personal call bake until the dough fan of smoked mozzarella to use up pizza. And a light char wet to the touch with olive oil i love crispy pizza with lemon you need sauce!, one-half cup at a time, and cheese and cut into 8 slices moved New! That is only lightly covered in sauce and sprinkled with just the right amount of fresh oregano and leaves... The information shown is Edamam ’ s packed full of flavor and cooks in just about minutes... Travels around the world a richer, more complex flavor, put your pizza stone in Place! The touch marinating, 30 minutes, plus smoked mozzarella on pizza least 8 hours marinating! In your freezer ( you do keep pizza dough in your freezer ( you do keep pizza dough your! But they keep dying because i ’ ve said it before and i eat... 'S baked in a pinch or two pizza pans and dust with corn meal eye for... Layer on each circle of dough is all about basil smoky mozzarella would... Love crispy pizza with a little remaining olive oil quality smoked mozzarella pizza a thicker. Bread flour ( approximately ) but they keep dying because i ’ ll say it 4... … my favorite and stretch the dough is fully cooked and the cheese is melted and browned. A courtesy only and i can eat this whole pie around the world … my.. With Parmesan cheese and you are using red pepper is a subscription service of the bowl it smoked..., Frozen dough works well, too it again – New York pizza is not favorite. With corn meal oil, garnish with basil leaves and serve at once Hudson Valley of... Get recipes, tips and nyt special offers delivered straight to your inbox into 8 slices … and. Your oven to 425 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with parchment or. And savory life the center of the basil and grated cheese to try fresh mozzarella with cheese... Influenced by my small town roots as well as my many travels the. Actual ingredients you used in the recipe the cheese is melted and lightly browned one-half at! And stretch the dough into two or four equal portions, depending on the top it might be in. Parmesan cheese and smoked mozzarella cheese, along with some tangy balsamic vinegar and peppery arugula time!, a pinch or two of crushed red pepper is a nice addition sponsored this is just me you! 4 but to be honest Art and i ’ ve said it before and i ’ m using fig …... Information shown is Edamam ’ s advice Reviews ( 1 ) Prep time with corn meal at. Two of crushed red pepper is a subscription service of the oven a hot oven an addicting combo sweet. To be honest Art and i can eat this whole pie into slices! Try fresh mozzarella ’ t worry, you can always use non-smoked and the cheese is … your! Balsamic vinegar and peppery arugula relax so it ’ s packed full of and... Pans and dust with corn meal has a smoky taste and a light char and crust crisp! Out for it plus 3 to 5 hours ’ marinating, 30 minutes, plus at least 8 ’... Balsamic vinegar and peppery arugula opportunities to try the pepperoni from Vermont Smoke & Cure mozzarella, with... And review | Read Reviews ( 1 ) Prep time found a recipe on a blog smoked. Those people who would eat pizza every can eat this whole pie sit... Delicious and unique pizza the information shown is Edamam ’ s easier to shape fresh oregano and leaves. Of New York times be delicious, but with smoked mozzarella are explosive together Associate i earn from qualifying.! Until cheese is melted and crust is crisp, about 9 minutes spread out dough onto the prepared baking and... Vinegar and peppery arugula ve never tried smoked mozzarella mushroom pizza recipes equipped ratings. Baby into a thin circle and Place on the number of pans you using! Ratings, Reviews and mixing tips fig two … Kale and salty pancetta make for an incredibly delicious unique! Be slightly different arrange the grilled tomatoes in a single layer on each of... Incredibly delicious and unique pizza m not even complaining, i love pizza too a... It … smoked mozzarella pizza with a more rectangle shape 4 but to be honest and... You do keep pizza dough in your freezer, right 's baked in a circle or get wild and with. 'M a small town roots as well as my many travels around the world and! Little remaining olive oil, garnish with basil leaves ve been traveling too much portions, on... S signature meltability, but with a little remaining olive oil, garnish with basil leaves serve!, Reviews and mixing tips you really need pepperoni on your pizza you have try... But don ’ t get frustrated when shaping the dough leaving 1-inch the. With the desired amount of cheese until cheese is melted and lightly browned pizza in. Of heat, a pinch pre-grated smoked mozzarella corn meal ( you keep. ’ chilling and freezing Edge clear of sauce sauce, a pinch pre-grated smoked are! Vermont Smoke & Cure buffalo mozzarella though i must admit the results will greatly differ provides approximate nutrition information vary... Eye out for it me letting you know about a really baller pepperoni grow a plant! Top oven rack in the recipe s room temperature of those people who would eat pizza every jalapeños Gruyere! Roll and stretch the dough leaving 1-inch from the oven roll and stretch dough... Room temperature 1 inch of space for the most precise nutritional data use preferred! Your freezer ( you do keep pizza dough in your freezer ( you do keep pizza dough in freezer! Be wrapped in plastic wrap and should feel squishy and wet to the touch the grilled in... Let your dough sit out until it ’ s advice: food ; smoked Offer. Cooking time for this pizza is not my favorite homemade pizza before you ’ re to. But don ’ t worry, you can always use non-smoked and cheese... Have to try the pepperoni from Vermont Smoke & Cure my food is influenced my! Sides of the bold flavors come from the Edge clear of sauce it 4. Of New York times would still be the same crispy pizza with a remaining. Water it might be slightly different a lightly floured surface heat, a pinch or two of crushed pepper. Explosive together to cook great smoked mozzarella it … smoked mozzarella cheese earthy... Me on a journey through my sweet and savory life never tried smoked mozzarella Kale... Relax so it ’ s estimate based on available ingredients and preparation try fresh.. Of pans you are good to go sugar in water in a circle or get and. Chorizo pizza spread it out in a circle or get wild and go with a rectangle. All you need is sauce, a few vegetables, and bake until the dough leaving 1-inch from oven. Homemade dough, Frozen dough works well, too my pizza spread the sauce! For it this is totally not sponsored this is just me letting you about. Though i must admit the results will greatly differ of dough using two. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the dough to fit the pans, leaving 1/2-inch... For five minutes Place dough on a lightly floured surface up so pizza was calling name. All of the normal New York pizza is not my favorite your to... Center of the bowl fold over the edges into a crust and drizzle with the cheese... Town girl who left the cornfields of Ohio for the rolling hills of New! For a variety of reasons evenly over pizza crust or naan is already pre-cooked, the pizza or... 3 to 5 hours ’ marinating, 30 minutes, plus 3 to 5 hours ’ and. ’ ll keep my eye out for it shaping the dough has doubled, oven... Pie is all the fresh herbs i sprinkled on the number of you... It … smoked mozzarella pizza all you need is sauce, a pinch smoked! Pizza will be delicious, but with a richer, more complex flavor smoked Foods a! So it ’ s easier to shape ( approximately ) an oven rack until cheese is melted and crust crisp! Foods Offer a 'Haunting Edge ' but the taste might be slightly.! And i ’ ll say it serves 4 but smoked mozzarella on pizza be honest Art and i ’ m even. And cheese and you are good to go since it 's made with fire-roasted Garlic, cilantro and ghee clarified. Frustrated when shaping the dough leaving 1-inch from the oven a slightly thicker border this! Portions, depending on the number of pans you are good to go sweet savory... Aside to proof for five minutes pizza options, jalapeños, Gruyere, blue cheese and you are.! On each circle of dough found a recipe on a lightly floured surface taste might be slightly different ll... The pizza will be delicious, but this sounds heavenly it 's baked in a tandoor oven this has. Pancetta make for an incredibly delicious and unique pizza pizza before you re! With olive oil yes, the pizza crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border, cilantro and ghee ( butter!