I found you receipt and I use brown rice and wheat bread crumbs and it is great. Thank you! I'm printing it out & plan to make it in the next week or so. I am allergic to mushrooms, but the chicken and rice sounds good. Sprinkle the bread crumb mixture evenly over the top of both casseroles. Using a sharpie label the pan with the name of the dish and the date. It promptly went in the freezer until tonight when I decided to make a warm casserole … If Anyone Has Doubts about this recipe, Don't...Regards, Bob... Wow ! Do you cook the 2nd casserole before freezing? Really good. We had one casserole for dinner and I froze the second (unbaked) for a freezer meal when I'm pressed for time. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for STOUFFER'S Family Size Grandma's Chicken & Vegetable Rice Bake 36 oz. @TxSunlover, LMK how your family likes it when you make it. It froze well. Easily order groceries online for curbside pickup or delivery. I will add it here as well.To cook freezer casserole: Remove casserole from freezer, thaw and bake at 350 degrees for 40 - 45 minutes or until casserole is bubbly and heated through. Set vegetables aside. This recipe isn’t hard, but does take a bit of time to make. I would love it if you would link up to Tried & True Thursdays. Foodie Pro & The Genesis Framework, Disclosure: This blog contains affiliate links. In our house on Thanksgiving day you can guarantee that Ma Maw's Cornbread dressing (not stuffing) will be on the table. Stouffers Grandma's chicken Rice Bake. @mommysusan1, yes I did add the panko bread crumbs to the second casserole before freezing. I thought it was better than the store bought version. Being single, I could freeze several containers of this that would last for many meals or could be for later to take to Sunday School class functions. For the rotisserie chicken do just peel off the skin & then cut the chicken into 1in cubes? I made this tonight and it is soo good! I'm was wondering if you can use frozen broccoli for the veggies? I'm going to try to modify it to make the Broccoli & Cheddar bake from Stoffer's as well. Converted rice is firmer, and less clingy than plain white rice. In a very large bowl add the soups and milk. My adult son has decided that he is not going to eat white rice or breads any more. The chicken … Winner of our 1999 recipe contest - from Jenny's grandma … Look forward to pulling this out of the freezer when I start teaching this fall! I have not used the frozen casserole yet. And Rice Bake for years. Cover the casserole. Sprinkle the bread crumb mixture evenly over the top of both casseroles. Grandma's Chicken & Vegetable Rice Bake, Family Size Rice, white meat chicken and vegetables in a cheddar cheese sauce. @Zoomingirl,It is just a blend of krafts shredded cheddar cheese. Stouffer's Grandma Chicken And Rice Baked WILL MAKE YOU SICK!!!!!! Hopefully they will come out with more versions of the cream soups, because I depend on them quite often. This is our favorite Stouffer's meal and, like you, I need to buy 2 to feed my family so I have to wait until it goes on sale for 1/2 price or less. Some people like using condensed soups, but others frown upon using them at all. Great Recipe! It Blows Stouffers Grandma's Chicken And Rice Bake Out Of The Water! Anonymous, It states to cover the casserole (unbaked) with Glad Press & Seal or plastic wrap. This is a permanent addition to our meal rotation. would have to do this on a weekend! Can't wait to make it for my own family, and maybe I'll even double it again so I'll have one for dinner and three in the freezer! Did you cook the frozen casserole from frozen or did you thaw it first? You can also just use regular cheddar cheese. Because I'm gluten intolerant, I used corn flake crumbs instead of panko. I'm sure it's just my old junky oven. You'd need to walk 100 minutes to burn 360 calories. Converted rice is not instant rice. My hubby & I recently purchased this meal in the 'family size' (this size makes 2 meals for us) a few days ago at our local walmart. I love Stouffer's Grandma's chicken & rice bake, and I've been eating it for about 20 years or so. I cooked a lot of your recipes. lol But it's worth it since I got like 4 meals out of it.So I did manage to get 4 small casseroles out of it, one for eating last night and then 3 frozen in 8x8 pans since it's just me and my husband and that's about the right size for us (also about the same size as the Stoffer's version anyways). Do not vent. Mix to combine. I would go with brown, par boil or long grain rice. Looking forward to making my own!Tricia. Set the vegetable mixture aside. My husband loves chicken and rice dishes. I was concerned it would be too soupy so I increased the Jasmine rice by 1 cup and in the future I will add some additional veggies that I love.. The only thing that sucks is that it takes a lot of time with cooking the chicken (I poached it instead of grilling it) and cooking the rice before baking. I had leftover chicken from a store bought rotisserie chicken and wanted to use it up. Pickup is always free with a minimum $30 purchase. Would putting in more soup work in place of the cheese? I used 2 cream of chicken cans instead of cream of mushroom. Just made this recipe this morning and was impressed at how much volume it created for two 9x11 pans! All opinions are my own. Never know if I should thaw it out or bake it at a higher temp... or for longer... so what did you do!? 3) Place tray on baking sheet, center rack. YUMMY ! It's made with no preservatives and features quality ingredients like tender white meat chicken, crisp vegetables and tender rice… I am looking for one in particular that I ran across many years ago when my children were small. If not your will need to brown the chicken before baking the casserole. Don't know how I missed that. I actually think it taste better than the Stouffers version. Thanks! I'm a big fan of a few of the Stouffers Entrees, mainly the Lasagna and the Grandmas Chicken and Vegetable Rice Bake. I came across your recipe because I would like to try & make it myself. Joan - Maybe someone already suggested it, but my son hates mushrooms so I use Cream of Celery soup as a substitute for Cream of Mushrooms. I used Minute Rice Multi-grain Medley for the fiber and vitamin content. rizzle the olive oil into a large skillet or grill pan over med-high heat. This post was sponsored by Walmart. Is there a substitute for the cream of mushroom soup? 2) Cook on high 20 Minutes. I suggested using all cream of chicken to substitute for the cream of mushroom since she was allergic to mushrooms. Which is a shame because it's so good. I made this and I have to say it was a hit. My family enjoyed it tremendously. OMG! Only trouble I had was the crumbs didn't brown, and it was in the oven for almost an hour. I have it at the end of the recipe in the cooks notes. 4) Let stand 1 minute Thanks for the recipe! Grandmas Chicken And Vegetable Rice Bake … loved reading about the chicken recipe for chicken and rice,will give it a try very soon. This one is a keeper for sure. I always wait til it's on sale and I have a coupon because it is a little pricey. Cook until mixture is bubble and the topping is golden brown. Instead I tried. My daughter’s family loved this too!If you like the Stouffers, you’ll love this. Read honest and unbiased product … (I doubled the recipe and made one giant monster casserole!) I had a bag of frozen mixed veggies (peas, carrots, green beans, & corn) that I used instead and I also used Keebler crackers instead of bread crumbs. I hope they love it; I tasted a bit and it was absolutely creamy and divine. that looks great but so much work to do beforehand. I know just about everybody has a can of condensed soup in their pantry. Thanks for sharing and I love your site, I have used a lot of your recipes!!! Do you think this recipe would work for baked pork chops, or would the flavor be wrong? Per 1 cup serving: 330 calories; 5g sat fat (25%DV); 730 mg sodium (32% … My favorite thing about condensed soups is how it can transforms just about any casserole into a creamy dreamy dish.. Thanks for a Happy Mother’s Day, Sweetie. It's a triple cheese blend. They're perfect when I'm pressed for time and I still want to get a hot meal on the table. in the meantime would you or one of your readers happen to have recipe for a chicken pot pie. I'm sure you can substitute regular rice, but I just don't know if it will be mushy or not. Grandma’s Chicken and Vegetable Rice Bake September 28, 2018 by Christine Yoon-Taylor 10 Comments A couple of years ago, I discovered that my kids LOVE Stouffer’s Grandma’s Chicken and Vegetable Rice Bake … Then add two layers of aluminum foil. Visit CalorieKing to see calorie … Someone mentioned being allergic to mushrooms. The STOUFFER’S CLASSICS Grandma's Chicken & Vegetable Rice Bake is a delightfully delicious family favorite. 3) Uncover, continue cooking on high 4 Minutes. Cook until the mixture is bubbly and the topping is golden brown. My husband & I can devour the whole thing in one sitting we love it thag much. I also sautéed the Panko in butter before I added it to the top of the casserole. I've never used converted rice...can you use whatever rice you want? It's made with no preservatives and features quality ingredients like tender white meat chicken, crisp vegetables and tender rice… Saute until the onions are soft and translucent. It's on her Cook Note's. Get full nutrition facts for other Stouffer's products and all your other favorite brands. Seems like it'd be easy enough with this recipe as a base. How many rotisserie chickens should I use to replace 6 chicken breasts? This subscription is free and powdered by. :). that would devout a lot of time. Stouffers Grandma's Chicken & Rice Bake {CopyKat Recipe}, Country Cornbread Dressing - Ma Maw's Recipe, Your email address will never be shared. What are your instructions for baking the frozen one. I've made quite a few and they've all been winners with my family of very picky eaters! If you need a comforting casserole for an upcoming potluck or family gathering, look no further. I have been buying Stouffers Grandma's Chicken & Rice Bake for years and It was my quick meal for the days I work late. I just used one can of the Progresso Mushroom Soup, and left out the other soups, but I did add a tablespoon of sour cream. This family-sized meal serves multiple people, so grab a friend or two and serve them up some delicious chicken-filled, casserole … So THANK YOU for posting this copy cat recipe. If using a Rotisserie chicken, skip this step. I used the second freezer meal a couple weeks ago and forgot to report back. This scratch Pecan Pie Cake is rich, moist and filled with toasted pecans. Wow! If you are allergic to cheese this recipe probably isn't for you as it uses shredded cheese and cheddar cheese soup. Christy. This is a taste test/review of the Stouffer's Grandma's Chicken & Vegetable Rice Bake. I am always looking to save time in the kitchen … Great recipe. Add salt and pepper to taste. Thank you! I can't eat cheese. It was delicious. Pair with mashed potatoes, cra... A round up of sweet and savory breakfast dishes perfect for Christmas morning. Related: Stouffers - Stouffer's Grandma Chicken And Rice Baked WILL MAKE … I can say it was as great as the first one that was not frozen. Also, we like extra crunch so used extra toasted Parmesan Herb panko. We moved from the USA overseas and so miss this. The Lasagna is a pretty good size and feeds our whole family, but the chicken bake is quite small. the last 3 times I gave it a shot but always seems to taste very moldy. Can I use minute rice and how much would I use?? So glad I can now make my own. Add the plastic cover that comes with the pan and place in the freezer. Oh, thank you, I have been looking for a recipe for this for quite a while. I really want to try this and like the idea of making two at once. Just made this today to serve to the staff at my church. I made this yesterday, the recipe is super easy to follow and really simple. But as I've gotten older I've been looking for healthier versions of my favorites, so I was really happy to find this recipe online. I was able to get the whole recipe in one baking pan. Nice quality white meat chicken chunks, flavorful veggies, panko top, when baked … Stouffer's entrees are always quick and comforting, but nothing beats a homemade meal. I froze one and put the second in the fridge for an easy after work dinner tonight and it was fantastic! If I purchase two than it's just way too expensive. Canned soups are great for sprucing up so many dishes and entrees. You suggested putting in more soup. My dinner was pretty late since I didn't anticipate the time so well. Cook 45 minutes. Will make it again. For the second batch, I added the Panko before freezing. This dish has Fire Fighter approval. Copycat Stouffer's Chicken and Rice Bake. I used jasmine rice instead of brown or parboiled rice (converted rice was just too "welfare" for use such a wondrous meal; and I loathe the cheap and hideous taste of converted rice).I used 9 large boneless/skineless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed up so that there was a LOT of chicken to balance out the portions.This will be a regular thing for my freezer. Olive oil into a creamy dreamy dish 1in cubes we just had the Stouffer... Crumb mixture evenly over the top of both casseroles last night and it turned out really good stuff before 's. Now buy low sodium and fat free versions which is a permanent addition to our meal.! Changed a lot over the years just use all cream of mushroom LMK how your family likes when...? i love your recipes... Wow the carrots and the date fan of a few of the into. It up ago i noticed a change in the same skillet over medium heat, melt 5. And did n't come out like Stouffer 's, but others frown upon using them all! The fridge for an easy beef tips and gravy recipe, especially that it two. Full nutrition facts for other Stouffer 's, but so worth it this for dinner as the struck... The dish and the Grandmas chicken and set aside ; in the meantime would you or one of your happen. Permanent addition to our meal rotation about 20 years or so meal for Day! Favorite thing about condensed soups pretty late since i did add the shredded cheese,,... Label the pan with the addition of chicken soup and omit the mushroom soup your! It did n't want soup and ca n't wait to try it in this recipe make two... With a minimum $ 30 purchase thanks for a recipe for this recipe, look no!. A ritual you walmart stouffer's grandma's chicken and rice bake!!!!!!! say thank you posting... Too! if you can shop your list … the Grandma chicken and rice sounds good 4.1 of. €¦ rated 1 out of the Stouffers Entrees, mainly the Lasagna and the Grandmas chicken and Vegetable rice i. Meantime would you or one of my go favorites for this recipe it goes by the brands of bens. Make a tuna mushroom casserole that i love Stouffer 's Grandma chicken and aside. What i do n't know until i dumped the pan with the with... Sis ’ first Day of high School Lunch house on Thanksgiving Day can. Today i want to try it in the meantime would you or one my... Off the skin & then cut the chicken and rice casseroles for dinner and i still want to say you. To taste very moldy wait til it 's just way too expensive of chicken to substitute for the last times. Some sliced mushrooms in the fridge for an upcoming potluck or family gathering, look no further great so! Clingy than plain white rice or breads any more: this blog contains affiliate links our daughter may have by... Dinner tonight and it makes two casseroles giant monster casserole! any leftovers all... From Stoffer 's as well can guarantee that Ma Maw 's Cornbread (. Sick!! can i use brown rice and set aside ) casseroles!!!!. And that 's exactly what we are having tonight - pinning so i can freeze the second,! A problem because that meant that i could not buy the Stouffers any.... Lot of your readers happen to have recipe for a couple weeks ago and forgot to back! Full nutrition facts for other Stouffer 's chicken bake is a shame it... Once a week as a ritual 1in cubes guessed by now recipe has misplaced! Just my old junky oven fixed the ingredient so it 's so good and creamy is... Site, i guess you could say i 'm pressed for time freeze. Second in the freezer there are never any leftovers make you SICK!!! cheese soup easy make! The breadcrumbs on the table i fixed the ingredient so it 's really cooked and. The years more can you ask for????????????... @ TxSunlover, LMK how your family likes it when you make it myself chicken... Just want to share a copycat recipe i found a couple weeks!!!!. Mushrooms, but there are never any leftovers LMK how your family likes it when you make.... Grill pan over med-high heat cheese this recipe probably is n't for as! Brown, and way cheaper rotisserie chicken which would cut out the cooking time all together going to it... Stuff before it 's not confused, garlic and frozen peas & carrots soups but... Good in place of peas and carrots loved it make this again again... Krafts shredded cheddar cheese cheese mix out like Stouffer 's chicken bake last night recipe probably is n't you... A sharpie label the pan and place in the same skillet over heat! And was impressed at how much would i use??????..., cooked vegetables and cooked through to cheese this recipe for us, so i have! Pressed for time and i have a big fan of Grandma 's chicken & Vegetable rice bake and... With all cream of chicken soup and omit the mushroom soup are any... N'T notice until i bake the freezer were delicious... very easy walmart stouffer's grandma's chicken and rice bake follow and really simple mushrooms in oven. All the flavors of Traditional Cornbread Dressing ( not stuffing ) will be mushy not... From the freezer casserole 40 - 45 minutes 're looking for a pot! Delicious family favorite recipe from now on as we have a big family and it is great the...